Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

I started this thread here is my adjusted thoughts on this subject. Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever. He has come very close to having back to back 300 yards games in his first 2 starts. Now he had 17 TDs and is leading the NFL he might win Rookie of the year and MVP he gets about 300 years passing every time he takes the field. Don't give it's because he has better receivers. The last 2 QB's for the Texans could barely get that team to score 20 points a game with those same recievers and running backs and he also missing his best tight end who's injured. Now with Watson at the help they are averaging 34 points a game. The Bills just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are defense not because of our offense. So let's just keep passing on QB's Like Mahomes , Watson Russell Wilson, Carr and Dak the list goes on and on. We're just so stupid to keep doing what we're doing and not drafting a QB at the 10th selection. Tyrod is a good person he works hard and is a leader and he is a decent QB but he's a Bridge QB not a franchise QB. All those QB's I'm about to list are better and we had a chance to draft everyone of them. This fantasy that now that the Bills have 2 number ones and they will be able to trade up to get there QB will not work. We will end up at around the 20th pick and the Chiefs will be 30, 31 or 32. If I'm the Jets, Browns, Jags, 49ers, Broncos, Dolphins, Chargers I'm not trading with the Bills so they can get one of the 4 Decent QB's that will be franchise QB's in next years draft. I have my doubts Darnold will come out. If I'm one of the GM's of those teams I listed I would not even take 4 Number 1 picks and trade with the Bills so I can lose out on Darnold USC, Rosen UCLA,Lamar Jackson Louisville or Baker Mayfield Oklahoma, The Bills had there chance last draft they had the 10th pick and decided to trade out and not take Mahomes or Watson. The Browns are even worse. They had the 1st and 12 pick in the draft and did not take a QB. They traded the 12th pick to the Texans and the Texans drafted Watson. The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. Thisis what happens when you try to play cute and not take care of the most important position in football. I don't care how good are CB white from LSU is. Even if he makes all pro it's not worth not drafting a QB when you have that low of draft pick. We will not be that low again for a long time. Yes this next draft will not bring us the QB we need, they will be all gone. We are just plain stupid, but nothing can top what the Browns did. Having 2 picks in the top 12 selections and you don't come away with one of those QB's. Pathetic is all I've got to say.

Are you familiar with the concept of paragraphs?

And by the way, when you bemoan not having a higher round pick because all the good QBs are gone, but then list guys like Carr and Wilson and Prescott as guys we should have gotten, all of whom were second round and beyond, it make your argument look dumb.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not call TT a "retread"

That really isnt the correct term....a retread is a NFL QB that was a veteran starter somewhere else

Exactly I agree,

Thats why I call him Baltimores backup, wasn't good enough to even take the job from Flacco.

Why?

I see you meant if you EXCLUDE that as an outlier, then go back...

So your point is if even if we draft a 'franchise QB' we shouldn't expect a Super Bowl for 9 years? 5 if we get super lucky?

Exactly I agree,

Thats why I call him Baltimores backup, wasn't good enough to even take the job from Flacco.

Even take the job from joe flacco??? Are you inferring he isn't a franchise QB?

So your point is if even if we draft a 'franchise QB' we shouldn't expect a Super Bowl for 9 years? 5 if we get super lucky?

My point is if you think a QB isn't worth drafting if he hasn't won a Super Bowl, then only 2 QB's since 2008 "worked."

Edited by jmc12290

Flacco isn't all that but hey he is a better QB then Tyrod. A franchise worthy QB, Yes ok but to be young and not be able to take the job after 4 years of development makes his backup job exactly what he was ment to do, I mean come on man Flacco isn't all that but yet many on here act like Tyrod is better, what has he done to merit it and why didn't he push Flacco even a little bit when he was there? They knew who he is, a backup. Edited by xRUSHx

Flacco isn't all that but hey he is a better QB then Tyrod. A franchise worthy QB, Yes ok but to be young and not be able to take the job after 4 years of development makes his backup job exactly what he was ment to do, I mean come on man Flacco isn't all that but yet many on here act like Tyrod is better, what has he done to merit it and why didn't he push Flacco even a little bit when he was there? They knew who he is, a backup.

How many relatively young QBs win a Super Bowl only to be replaced by his backup? You're being absurd now.

How many relatively young QBs win a Super Bowl only to be replaced by his backup? You're being absurd now.

Absurd is thinking some other teams backup is good enough for a playoff run a 3rd straight season.

This team needs a franchise worthy QB not some other teams backup while we wish the rest if the team plays 10xs harder to cover up his not good enough.

Edited by xRUSHx

Flacco isn't all that but hey he is a better QB then Tyrod. A franchise worthy QB, Yes ok but to be young and not be able to take the job after 4 years of development makes his backup job exactly what he was ment to do, I mean come on man Flacco isn't all that but yet many on here act like Tyrod is better, what has he done to merit it and why didn't he push Flacco even a little bit when he was there? They knew who he is, a backup.

In fairness, any backup in the Baltimore situation would have remained the backup. Flacco did nothing to lose his job. The fact that Tyrod remained the backup had nothing to do with him not being starter material. The Ravens simply already had their guy.

I agree with you that TT's ceiling is "high quality backup." But what happened (or didn't happen) in Baltimore had nothing to do with Tyrod.

Absurd is thinking some other teams backup is good enough for a playoff run a 3rd straight season.

And I said this where? Your bias makes you look ridiculous.

My position: with the strong D and special teams, if the running game gets going it's a playoff team. With such an approach you need a QB that can manage the game effectively and not do something dumb. TT can be that. He is not a QB that puts a team on his shoulders and carries them to victory in his own.

This team needs a franchise worthy QB not some other teams backup while we wish the rest if the team plays 10xs harder to cover up his not good enough.

Yes. And I've said several times now I would have liked to see them draft Watson.

My position: with the strong D and special teams, if the running game gets going it's a playoff team. With such an approach you need a QB that can manage the game effectively and not do something dumb. TT can be that. He is not a QB that puts a team on his shoulders and carries them to victory in his own.

Yes. And I've said several times now I would have liked to see them draft Watson.

Or a rookie QB who can play well.

Honestly, the number of QB's who can sneak into the playoffs with a great defense and run game is quite high.

Hey man Flacco is the exact same QB your calling for, a QB to do just enough while the D carries the team, sadly a QB has to step up from time to time something Tyrod has yet to do, when the team needs that final drive Flacco made it happen so he contributed enough but with Tyrod our D has to do it all because Tyrod fails and proves to be not good enough. Flacco who really isnt all that great of a QB just good enough to do exactly what your referring to do, be just good enough with that little extra, enough to get that win.

Hey man Flacco is the exact same QB your calling for, a QB to do just enough while the D carries the team, sadly a QB has to step up from time to time something Tyrod has yet to do, when the team needs that final drive Flacco made it happen so he contributed enough but with Tyrod our D has to do it all because Tyrod fails and proves to be not good enough. Flacco who really isnt all that great of a QB just good enough to do exactly what your referring to do, be just good enough with that little extra, enough to get that win.

Flacco had a great playoff run they year they won it all. And I suspect you know that. But you continue on.

How much longer should we continue before you throw in your obligatory martyr post about how you're so tired of people saying you're biased, that you're just a fan and want the best for the team, blah, blah, blah?

Oldmanfan is the most reasonable poster in this thread. It is fine to say you wanted them to draft Watson and man has he played well so far better than the "he was inaccurate in college" or "he was a one read Quarterback" crowd will ever admit.

That doesn't mean you have to hate Taylor or bang on about what Watson would be doing as a Bill (because he isn't a Bill) The two things are totally unrelated.

But the repeated attempts to compare him to RGIII and Vince Young are sad. He isn't them and he never will be.

Honestly, the number of QB's who can sneak into the playoffs with a great defense and run game is quite high.

we'll see how the season goes. Win Sunday and then get ready for Oakland. Too many folks around here think they're Nostradamus.

If I was going to put on my Nostradamus hat, though, I'd predict we draft a QB in round 1 or 2 this coming draft, Peterman is our starter next year, and Taylor is starting elsewhere.

Oldmanfan is the most reasonable poster in this thread. It is fine to say you wanted them to draft Watson and man has he played well so far better than the "he was inaccurate in college" or "he was a one read Quarterback" crowd will ever admit.

That doesn't mean you have to hate Taylor or bang on about what Watson would be doing as a Bill (because he isn't a Bill) The two things are totally unrelated.

But the repeated attempts to compare him to RGIII and Vince Young are sad. He isn't them and he never will be.

Thanks for the compliment. One main reason I liked Watson was that he showed up big in big games. I think when you get down to it some of the physical traits people look for are overblown in a QB. People make a huge deal about arm strength and being able to throw the ball downfield, but realistically how many plays like that happen per game? You have to have the arm to make the out throws, but most every guy coming out can make those or they don't even get sniffed in the draft.

To me it's intangibles that separate the great ones. I think Brady and Montana are the two best to have ever played. I wouldn't say either of them had physical characteristics better than most of the guys they played against. But they had competitiveness and rare intelligence. Watson strikes me as a kid that has that kind of competitive nature. And he seems to process things quickly. Taylor's biggest shortcoming to me is he doesn't process things quickly.

I agree with all of this

Then why havent we done it.....aside from the Rex years our D has been quite good

Tyrod is the guy until we have something better. PERIOD. Any other thoughts are absurd.

we'll see how the season goes. Win Sunday and then get ready for Oakland. Too many folks around here think they're Nostradamus.

If I was going to put on my Nostradamus hat, though, I'd predict we draft a QB in round 1 or 2 this coming draft, Peterman is our starter next year, and Taylor is starting elsewhere.

Thanks for the compliment. One main reason I liked Watson was that he showed up big in big games. I think when you get down to it some of the physical traits people look for are overblown in a QB. People make a huge deal about arm strength and being able to throw the ball downfield, but realistically how many plays like that happen per game? You have to have the arm to make the out throws, but most every guy coming out can make those or they don't even get sniffed in the draft.

To me it's intangibles that separate the great ones. I think Brady and Montana are the two best to have ever played. I wouldn't say either of them had physical characteristics better than most of the guys they played against. But they had competitiveness and rare intelligence. Watson strikes me as a kid that has that kind of competitive nature. And he seems to process things quickly. Taylor's biggest shortcoming to me is he doesn't process things quickly.

Let me add to that he has a short memory. That is a critical thing for a QB. Look at last year's Championship game. He starts off really slow, Bama were getting to him, hitting him, he was rushing throws... it all looked off. But he brushes every play off and just moves on to the next one. You need that.