Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

The pinnacle of achievement? No. But you can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs. And even then, you gotta make the playoffs A LOT to win the SB, usually. Because it's actually kinda hard.

Shocking concepts.

I see your point though. There's no reason to try to find a franchise QB, going 8-8 and 7-9 in perpetuity is a blast. There hasn't been a QB drafted since 2012 who has won a Superbowl. And if you consider that an outlier, you'd have to go back to the 2008 draft to find a QB who won the Super Bowl.

Guess we should stop looking!

How many Super Bowl winners had to make the playoffs first?

With this defense we can make the playoffs with the QB we have now

To be a serious contender? This is where I start leaning towards needing to draft a QB

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this defense we can make the playoffs with the QB we have now

To be a serious contender? This is where I start leaning towards needing to draft a QB

Tom Brady went 10 years making the playoffs without winning a Super Bowl.

Do you know the best way to make the playoffs a lot over a 10-12 year span?

The pinnacle of achievement? No. But you can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs. And even then, you gotta make the playoffs A LOT to win the SB, usually. Because it's actually kinda hard.

Shocking concepts.

I see your point though. There's no reason to try to find a franchise QB, going 8-8 and 7-9 in perpetuity is a blast. There hasn't been a QB drafted since 2012 who has won a Superbowl. And if you consider that an outlier,

>>>>>>you'd have to go back to the 2008 draft to find a QB who won the Super Bowl.<<<<<<<

Somebody better get Russell wilsons ring back. Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Because you worded your post very oddly. Russ Wilson was drafted in 2012, and has won a super bowl. You don't have to go back to 2008.

It's almost like I said that.

Shocking concepts.

I see your point though. There's no reason to try to find a franchise QB, going 8-8 and 7-9 in perpetuity is a blast. There hasn't been a QB drafted since 2012 who has won a Superbowl. And if you consider that an outlier, you'd have to go back to the 2008 draft to find a QB who won the Super Bowl.

It's almost like I said that.

You did, but then you followed it with a sentence saying you have to go back to 2008 to find a QB who won a Super Bowl. Which is completely incorrect, since there is one in 2012. Did you mean another one? or did you mean one in the AFC? Both of those would be true, but you offered no qualifiers...

You did, but then you followed it with a sentence saying you have to go back to 2008 to find a QB who won a Super Bowl. Which is completely incorrect, since there is one in 2012. Did you mean another one? or did you mean one in the AFC? Both of those would be true, but you offered no qualifiers...

Oh yeah, you're right.

Shocking concepts.

Edited by jmc12290

Oh yeah, you're right.

Yes, I am.

Shocking concepts.

That statement is 100% false. Replace 'a QB' with 'another QB' and it'd be true. Replace 'a QB' with 'an AFC QB' and it'd also be true. As you wrote it, it is false and thus confusing since you contradicted it literally 1 sentence prior.

Yes, I am.

That statement is 100% false. Replace 'a QB' with 'another QB' and it'd be true. Replace 'a QB' with 'an AFC QB' and it'd also be true. As you wrote it, it is false and thus confusing since you contradicted it literally 1 sentence prior.

I offered a qualifier. You are 100% incorrect.

Thanks for playing.

I always chuckle when people post about how guys might make mistakes, but that the risk is worth it. I absolutely guarantee if we had a QB that made risky throws and got picked off that the board would blow up over the QB being reckless, that we need a guy to manage games, etc., etc. etc.

I can only speak myself, but Id rather have Brett Favre than Alex Smith. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Obviously, Watson can regress but after 4 starts, he looks miles better as a passer than Tyrod has after 7 years.

Watson is playing well. He will struggle as teams adjust to him and then we will see how he bounces back. A few good games doesn't put him in the hall of fame. A few bad games doesn't break a guy either

Agreed.

I believe a minimum of two full seasons is necessary in order to begin determining how good/bad a QB is.

We've seen too many Bob Griffins and we've seen even more who have a bad rookie season, then up their games.

Agreed.

I believe a minimum of two full seasons is necessary in order to begin determining how good/bad a QB is.

We've seen too many Bob Griffins and we've seen even more who have a bad rookie season, then up their games.

RG3s knee injury was a huge part of his decline. But yeah, you should know have a good idea after 3 years.

But for the most part, guys that play qb well as rookies seem like pretty safe bets to be solid starters for a long time.

I can only speak myself, but Id rather have Brett Favre than Alex Smith. It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Obviously, Watson can regress but after 4 starts, he looks miles better as a passer than Tyrod has after 7 years.

I think both cost their teams a lot of playoff games. I think Favre won 1 Super Bowl, but peed away a lot of other chances. And Smith di as well, although I think the Chiefs D caved in a couple times.

I agree about Watson. I wanted them to draft him. We'll see how he does long term.

RG3s knee injury was a huge part of his decline. But yeah, you should know have a good idea after 3 years.

But for the most part, guys that play qb well as rookies seem like pretty safe bets to be solid starters for a long time.

I don't know about that...there are a lot of Blake Bortles, Colin Kapernicks, Vince Youngs, etc littered on that road that showed promise early in their careers but the NFL caught up with them.

Im rooting for Watson, but so far I have seen a lot of Culpepper type football out there where he chucks up bad passes into bad coverage and his elite WR's go get the ball. That wont keep working, he's going to need to be a better passer and make better decisions for a long and successful career in the NFL.

He's obviously a rookie, so there is no need for alarm at those types of things yet, pretty typical of young QB's. But its the ones that cut that stuff down and get smarter with the throws that have the sustained careers, so it will all depend on how he grows as a passer. And considering he did it a lot in college too, there is reason to remain cautious in the long term optimism around him.

I started this thread, so here is my adjusted thoughts on this subject. Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever. He now has 15 TD passes and 2 Rushing TD for a total of 17 TD's which leads the entire NFL his passer rating is 101. Note he did not play in the 1st one and a half games that the Texans played in. Tryrod will be lucky to get to 17 total TD's by week 12. So Watson has done all this in 4 1/2 games and is one of leading players to be in consideration for NFL MVP and Rookie of the year. If Watson had played in the other games where Tom Savage was playing he would be over 20 Total TD's. Can you imagine what a extra 10 TD's would look like on Bills, (Tyrod has 7)We would be undefeated and talking about a Super Bowl run.

Please don't give me the excuse it's because he has better receivers. The last 2 QB's for the Texans could barely get that team to score 20 points a game with those same receivers and running backs and he also is missing his best tight end who's injured. Now with Watson at the helm the Texans are averaging 34 points a game. The Bills just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-2 because of are defense not because of our offense.

So let's just keep passing on QB's Like Mahomes , Watson, Russell Wilson, Carr and Dak the list goes on and on. We're just so stupid to keep doing what we're doing and not drafting a QB at the 10th selection. Tyrod is a good person he works hard and is a leader and he is a decent QB but he's a Bridge QB not a franchise QB. All those QB's I'm listed above are better then Tyrod in my opinion. We had a chance to draft everyone of them. This fantasy that now that the Bills have 2 number ones and they will be able to trade up to get there QB will not work. We will end up at around the 20th pick and the Chiefs will be 30, 31 or 32. If I'm the Jets, Browns, Jags, 49ers, Broncos, Dolphins, Chargers and Giants. I'm not trading with the Bills so they can get one of the 4 Franchise QB's that will be in next years draft.

I have my doubts Darnold will come out. If I'm one of the GM's of those teams I listed I would not even take 4 Number 1 picks and trade with the Bills. Why would I want to do that so I can lose out on a franchise QB like Darnold from USC, Rosen UCLA,Lamar Jackson Louisville or Baker Mayfield Oklahoma, The Bills had there chance last draft they had the 10th pick and decided to trade out and not take Mahomes or Watson. The Browns are even worse. They had the 1st and 12 pick in the draft and did not take a QB. They traded the 12th pick to the Texans and the Texans drafted Watson.

The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. This is what happens when you try to play cute and not take care of the most important position in football. I don't care how good are CB white from LSU is. Even if he makes all pro it's not worth not drafting a QB when you have that low of draft pick. We will not be that low again for a long time. Yes this next draft will not bring us the QB we need, they will be all gone. We are just plain stupid, but nothing can top what the Browns did. Having 2 picks in the top 12 selections and you don't come away with one of those QB's. Pathetic is all I've got to say.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074