Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing well but on the flip side he is 20th in completion % and has almost half as many turnovers as he does TDs. 3-3 as a starter. Wins against CLE, TENN, and CINCI. He has great receivers, an oline that gives him all day to throw the ball, and top 3 rushing to back him up.

Really could not have gone to a better situation much like Prescott. He could be great. Its pretty early though.

Edited by Scott7975

He is playing well but on the flip side he is 20th in completion % and has almost half as many turnovers as he does TDs. 3-3 as a starter. Wins against CLE, TENN, and CINCI. He has great receivers, an oline that gives him all day to throw the ball, and top 3 rushing to back him up.

Really could not have gone to a better situation much like Prescott. He could be great. Its pretty early though.

I personally think he is gonna be a good player....I just really take exception to saying the bills screwed up NOT taking him when they got what they got out of the draft.

QB is a important piece

its not the ONLY piece.....T. White is looking very good and that is not even counting the future 1st round pick

Deshaun continues to ball. He wasn't perfect yesterday... the 1st pick was a bad decision, the second was an inaccurate throw off balance without setting his feet... the 3rd was the kind of heave ho that happens in that scenario. But he threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs against an outstanding defense. Is he the finished article? Nope... and he will always throw a few picks because he has that gunslinger in him. But look at what Sherman said after the game "he never gets scared when he makes a mistake he just comes back and balls."

But he is going to be good and be good for a long time. I believed that before the draft. I am even more convinced of it now.

Please tell me how the whole thing stinks to high heaven when

- Your starting QB is actually playing well

- We drafted a possible defensive rookie of the year.....who is actually looking better then Stephon Gilmore

- We have 2 1st round picks next year

Please tell me how the whole thing stinks to high heaven. I root for the Texans rook....hope Watson has a great career....but you act like the bills made a BAD choice...and they didnt

I remember a possible DROY CB once upon a time. He played like crap his second season and was traded for a JAG WR and a third round pick.

I would give up my next 5 first round picks for a 10-15 year franchise QB. Looks like we passed on another. But hey, we got a good corner, again....

...I agree....SIX NFL starts is certainly enough body of work to give up 5 1sts......your future is NOT in NFL Player Personnel by any means......sorry to break the news......

Deshaun continues to ball. He wasn't perfect yesterday... the 1st pick was a bad decision, the second was an inaccurate throw off balance without setting his feet... the 3rd was the kind of heave ho that happens in that scenario. But he threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs against an outstanding defense. Is he the finished article? Nope... and he will always throw a few picks because he has that gunslinger in him. But look at what Sherman said after the game "he never gets scared when he makes a mistake he just comes back and balls."

But he is going to be good and be good for a long time. I believed that before the draft. I am even more convinced of it now.

If you are going to discredit the final INT, then why not discredit his 4th TD that was a 2 yard screen pass that Hopkins made a great play on and took to the house for 73 yards?

I had a blast watching that Sea/Hou game, and Watson has been exciting to start his career. But one of the biggest knocks on him coming out of college was the high turnovers and downfield accuracy. I have seen some great plays and throws by the kid, but at the same time, his turnovers have hurt him, in fact, you can argue they lost against Seattle because of his pick six and other turnovers.

Now, he is a rookie, so there isn't necessarily something to be alarmed about when a rookie turns the ball over, makes mistakes, etc...thats part of the growing process. However, given turnovers and downfield accuracy were some of the concerns, his long term success is going to be pinned on whether he can cut those downs and protect the ball as he develops over the next couple of years.

I have only had the chance to watch him once so far this season. But I've seen the highlights, read the stories and heard what people have been saying and it sounds like he's been pretty impressive.

I am one that tries not to judge a QB too quickly. I want to see them in their 3rd (or 4th) year before I make up my mind. We've seen these flashes in the pan before. Once NFL coaches and players have a year (or two) of tape on a QB and have time to study the offense they're running + that QB's tendencies, it can change things. I always like to see how a QB adapts to the adjustments the NFL makes against him.

So it's still early to say for sure, but man it looks like I might have been wrong on Watson...

On the old BBMB I was pretty adamant before the draft that I wasn't real crazy about the Bills taking Watson at #10. I was fine taking him if we traded down or took him in the 2nd (in hindsight, neither would have been options). I just thought he was a big gamble at #10.

There was definitely a lot to like about him but I worried mainly about his accuracy/ball placement, poor numbers under pressure and overall play style. I wasn't too sure how it would translate to the NFL. The early returns sure seem good, though.

If he continues this type of play next year I will definitely eat some crow.

I remember a possible DROY CB once upon a time. He played like crap his second season and was traded for a JAG WR and a third round pick.

I remember multiple ROY WINNERS at QB that lost there jobs and were out of the league within a handful of years later. So whats your point.

Guess what....Watson could flop in his second year to?

he is in the perfect situation.......nice complement of targets....good OL.....etc etc.

Lets see what HE does if injuries start to hit.

If you are going to discredit the final INT, then why not discredit his 4th TD that was a 2 yard screen pass that Hopkins made a great play on and took to the house for 73 yards?

I had a blast watching that Sea/Hou game, and Watson has been exciting to start his career. But one of the biggest knocks on him coming out of college was the high turnovers and downfield accuracy. I have seen some great plays and throws by the kid, but at the same time, his turnovers have hurt him, in fact, you can argue they lost against Seattle because of his pick six and other turnovers.

Now, he is a rookie, so there isn't necessarily something to be alarmed about when a rookie turns the ball over, makes mistakes, etc...thats part of the growing process. However, given turnovers and downfield accuracy were some of the concerns, his long term success is going to be pinned on whether he can cut those downs and protect the ball as he develops over the next couple of years.

They were only IN the game because Watson scores lots of points. Same reason why they were in the Pats game and KC game.

I remember multiple ROY WINNERS at QB that lost there jobs and were out of the league within a handful of years later. So whats your point.

Well, let's see. RG3. Dak, Cam, Bradford, Matt Ryan.

Those are the OROY's at QB in the last decade. 4/5 ain't bad.

Guess what....Watson could flop in his second year to?

he is in the perfect situation.......nice complement of targets....good OL.....etc etc.

Lets see what HE does if injuries start to hit.

Watson took over the 28th offense in points scored and has them resting comfortably at #1.

Singlehandedly. His offense scores more than every team, with every franchise QB out there. Why does ANYONE act like that isn't incredible?

Edited by jmc12290

His deep ball accuracy is among the best in the league based on thr next gen stats.

And if you check the week 8 thread you will see I did say I am very happy to give the 4th TD 99% to Hopkins.

Some people are getting very salty and doubling down on their view from February and March. That's fine.

And I will say it again.... I'd put every penny I own on him not being RGIII or Vince Young. There is no way he is. Kaepernick is a fairer argument but I don't think there is any fluke to what he is doing. Nor apparently do the Seattle defenders.

Edited by GunnerBill

They were only IN the game because Watson scores lots of points. Same reason why they were in the Pats game and KC game.

Watson took over the 28th offense in points scored and has them resting comfortably at #1.

Singlehandedly. His offense scores more than every team, with every franchise QB out there. Why does ANYONE act like that isn't incredible?

It honestly is amazing. Good for the Texans in possibly securing the real deal for a long time. I'm more shocked how Houston's once Dom D falters now that there is a Offense.

Edited by Real McCoy

I personally think he is gonna be a good player....I just really take exception to saying the bills screwed up NOT taking him when they got what they got out of the draft.

QB is a important piece

its not the ONLY piece.....T. White is looking very good and that is not even counting the future 1st round pick

I certainly think he could be. He is off to a good start.

Frankly I am not sure that anyone is?

We dont have to knock our own selection in order to think so