Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Osweiler ans Savage should have been doing what Watson is doing?

Do we keep Watkins if Watson is drafted? Does Boldin not retire? We really need to stop making excuses, and draft a QB early.

I didn't even mention Tyrod in my post. Not sure how it's an excuse to point out that our receivers could stand to be upgraded. That honestly seems like a gimmie regardless of who is playing QB.

And no, I think Tyrod and Watson are both better than Brock or Savage, so I do not think they should have done what Deshaun is. Really weird line of thinking you tried to go down there...

Watkins was gone regardless of QB. No idea on Boldin, but it's likely he wouldn't have even signed if we were going forward with a Rook at QB.

That's a pretty big gamble to pass on a franchise QB to hopefully get one next year. Bird in the hand and all that.

Too bad we don't have time machines right because no one knew what anyone would be on draft night. This revisionist nonsense is getting played out. Watson had lots of question marks coming into the NFL about his ability at the next level, hence why he wasn't even a consideration in the first 3 picks of the draft where all 3 teams were desperate for a QB.

We can play this game with Tom Brady too...Everyone passed on him at least 5 times and took scrubs before taking the GOAT. And I don't care if anyone said Watson was going to be great on this board because they didn't have any clue if that was going to be true or not, it was just a fans guess where they have a 50/50 shot of being right or wrong.

The way the draft played out, we did very well for ourselves, any time machine non sense now is just silly.

Too bad we don't have time machines right because no one knew what anyone would be on draft night. This revisionist nonsense is getting played out. Watson had lots of question marks coming into the NFL about his ability at the next level, hence why he wasn't even a consideration in the first 3 picks of the draft where all 3 teams were desperate for a QB.

We can play this game with Tom Brady too...Everyone passed on him at least 5 times and took scrubs before taking the GOAT. And I don't care if anyone said Watson was going to be great on this board because they didn't have any clue if that was going to be true or not, it was just a fans guess where they have a 50/50 shot of being right or wrong.

The way the draft played out, we did very well for ourselves, any time machine non sense now is just silly.

Hindsight just lets people puff their chests out and say how smart they supposedly were.

With respect to the highlighted segment you can make that same claim for any player drafted, regardless of position.

The top three qbs taken were by teams that gave up high round picks to move up to select them (Trub, Mahomes and Watson.) The Bills were in a position to select either Mahomes or Watson with their designated pick. As it stands the Bills are still in search of a franchise qb, something they haven't had for a quarter of a century since the retirement of Kelly.

If you believe that Taylor is a franchise qb that is your right. I don't think it is unfair to believe that most people don't accept that view, and that probably includes the organization that he now plays for.

Franchises more often than not miss at the QB position when your methodology consists of finding other team's unwanteds and not drafting anyone.

Or, not taking a QB for years and then being desperate in a QB poor draft which forces you to take the best of a bad lot.

Prediction Tyrod will be lucky to get to 17 TDs this season. Watson could be out for the rest of the year and Tyrod might not get past 17 TDs. That's how bad he is. #billsdraftCB&Linebacker2018firstround

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Prediction Tyrod will be lucky to get to 17 TDs this season. Watson could be out for the rest of the year and Tyrod might not get past 17 TDs. That's how bad he is. #billsdraftCB&Linebacker2018firstround

Bold, considering he had 24 through 14 games in 2015 and 23 through 15 games in 2016.

I didn't even mention Tyrod in my post. Not sure how it's an excuse to point out that our receivers could stand to be upgraded. That honestly seems like a gimmie regardless of who is playing QB.

And no, I think Tyrod and Watson are both better than Brock or Savage, so I do not think they should have done what Deshaun is. Really weird line of thinking you tried to go down there...

Watkins was gone regardless of QB. No idea on Boldin, but it's likely he wouldn't have even signed if we were going forward with a Rook at QB.

So you just wanted to mention Watson has good receivers... Thanks for the insight

Carry on

That's a total cop out. Every team passed on Brady multiple times and it's a one in a million scenario. If the Bills don't get a franchise QB next year it was a bad move, period. All moves or inactions carry risk. The guys calling the shots are paid big salaries to be right. They are supposed to be better than us armchair guys at having FORESIGHT. Fans have hindsight . They are supposed to be better than us. Excuses are for losers. The gamble will pay off or it won't. Would you rather have a QB for ten years or a good cornerback? Edited by Boatdrinks