Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

What about the next year? What if they draft 2 Peterman this year.

What are two Petermans?

2018 I would draft a QB high in the first. Keep TT or don't. Whatever.

2019 Cut TT if he is still here. If 1st round QB plays well, draft another guy late. If 1st round QB is an unknown, think about a guy in the second/third. Peterman still here.

2020 Team will have faith in their 1st QB or not by now. If they don't, and they like the mid round guy, take another mid round guy, unless Peterman has progressed. Peterman gets tossed if he's still a backup JAG.

There ya go. Easy three year plan.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are two Petermans?

2019 Cut TT if he is still here. If 1st round QB plays well, draft another guy late. If 1st round QB is an unknown, think about a guy in the second/third. Peterman still here.

2020 Team will have faith in their 1st QB or not by now. If they don't, and they like the mid round guy, take another mid round guy, unless Peterman has progressed. Peterman gets tossed if he's still a backup JAG.

Agree.

What are two Petermans?

I'm saying a guy that shows something but isn't good just yet. Some Qb can look pretty crappy and turn out good a couple years later. There just isn't the reps/resources/time to truly develop a QB if you are sitting there drafting 1 to 2 every year.

I'm saying a guy that shows something but isn't good just yet. Some Qb can look pretty crappy and turn out good a couple years later. There just isn't the reps/resources/time to truly develop a QB if you are sitting there drafting 1 to 2 every year.

Exactly. Sounds good in theory, but not feasible in a real world NFL scenario.

You don't think we'll have an idea about Peterman by 2020?

Scott, you do realize that teams every single year take "fliers" on drafting qbs . There no such thing as a sure thing. Leaf was supposed to be a sure thing. Jamarcus Russell was anointed and paid before playing for the Raiders. Get more qbs into camp and increase your odds of finding that diamond in the rough. Or just pick 1 qb every 3 years, rent the current bad one you have, like TT or Fitz and enjoy adding another 17 yrs to the drought.

Scott, you do realize that teams every single year take "fliers" on drafting qbs . There no such thing as a sure thing. Leaf was supposed to be a sure thing. Jamarcus Russell was anointed and paid before playing for the Raiders. Get more qbs into camp and increase your odds of finding that diamond in the rough. Or just pick 1 qb every 3 years, rent the current bad one you have, like TT or Fitz and enjoy adding another 17 yrs to the drought.

Please list all the NFL teams that take 1 to 2 QBs every single year.

Tell that to Kirk Cousins.

Yes, I think we will, by the way.

Cousins got reps because RG3 was injured. He also looked terrible his first and second years. He was mediocre his third.

You would have already cut him by the time he showed anything and drafted 3 more QBs also looking for reps.

Edited by Scott7975

It won't even take that long we'll have an idea about Peterman by the end of next year. He'll either be cut or he'll be kept.

Cousins got reps because RG3 was injured. He also looked terrible his first and second years. He was mediocre his third.

You would have already cut him by the time he showed anything and drafted 3 more QBs also looking for reps.

You would have already cut him by the time he showed anything.

No.

If you reread my post, we wouldn't have thought about cutting Peterman until 3 years from now. Exactly how long it took for Cousins to burst onto the scene as an NFL starter.

RIP.

Edited by jmc12290

Welcome to the new NFL Scott. The days of holding clipboards and tiptoeing through development with quarterbacks is over in the NFL. And guess what it's never coming back. I'm old school but this new generation is all about instant gratification. Dak and Watson performed immediately. I'm not saying it's the right way to develop quarterbacks, but this is the way organizations will run their teams from here on out. It's Sink or Swim time.

No.

If you reread my post, we wouldn't have thought about cutting Peterman until 3 years from now. Exactly how long it took for Cousins to burst onto the scene as an NFL starter.

RIP.

Cousins didn't look good until his 4th season. He played 6 games his third season and was mediocre.

RIP?

Edited by Scott7975

Welcome to the new NFL Scott. The days of holding clipboards and tiptoeing through development with quarterbacks is over in the NFL. And guess what it's never coming back. I'm old school but this new generation is all about instant gratification. Dak and Watson performed immediately. I'm not saying it's the right way to develop quarterbacks, but this is the way organizations will run their teams from here on out. It's Sink or Swim time.

So dump Tribusky and Mahomes? Dump Goff after last season?

Do you think Cousins was in danger of getting cut in TC in his fourth season?

By your standards you've said today YOU would have cut him and drafted a minimum of 3 more over that time span.

He didn't look any better than EJ by that timeframe.

Edited by Scott7975

So dump Tribusky and Mahomes? Dump Goff after last season?

By your standards you've said today YOU would have cut him and drafted a minimum of 3 more over that time span.

You are struggling to read what I said.

What are two Petermans?

Reread it.