Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

I think the OP's style was a little brusque... he always is... and can be a little repetitive and "drum banging" when he finds a particular hobby horse. However, what I think is a point in this thread is that there were a lot of people in the spring saying they didn't want to draft a QB high this April (whether Deshaun or someone else) because this class was poor and we should wait for the great 2018 class. I was sceptical of that view then and looking at where we sit 5 weeks into the CFB season I remain sceptical.

This was never about whether Tyrod could lead us to the playoffs for me. It was that I thought there were guys in this draft with a genuine chance to be franchise QBs. Clearly none have proven that they are that yet. But the policy of punting on a QB again was one I really struggled to get behind in 2017... and that was mainly because I actually liked this class.

2016 draft was the same. Wentz and Goff won't be good, but they are both looking good so far.

I am with you on the 2017 class. Wouldn't it be something if Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson became franchise guys, from a "bad" class?

Before the season, a lot of experts had Josh Allen and Sam Darnold as there top two, with both not looking great so far. This seems to happen often in college football, we are told next years class is better, then a couple guys don't live up to the hype.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we didn't, I hope he has a career similar to Vince Young and RG3.

I never get this attitude. I wish Watson, Trubisky or any other young QB nothing but the best.

The fans of these downtrodden teams deserve some great football, just as Bills fans do. And if we want the NFL to be a strong, viable league, a higher percentage of these franchise draft choices finding success is good for the game...

Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever.

pretty much back to back 300 yards games and we just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are Def not because

of offense. So let's just keep passing on QB Mahomes, Watson

Russell Wilson, Carr the list goes on and on.

When did the light come on ??

If you look at what the Bills had as QB's before they got Tyrod we all should be thanking Rex for that one thing insisting that Whaley get Taylor !

Sure the guy ain't no killer B like Tommy or Drew but he has been a good QB in the fact that he isn't throwing a ton of INT's !!

Hey we could have went out & got Mike Glennon which at one time i hate to admit i was thinking would be a good thing & has made me realize i am a better fan than a football FO person .

So look at the bright side or the silver lining the Bills are in a lot better place now as far as QB's are concerned than a bunch of other teams !!

Wait wait wait. This type of thread is killing the board, but Orton on the wall of fame threads are ok? :lol: You definitely provide some great comedy, I will give you that.

there was humor in my response that one cripple Creek would not enjoy

Deshaun Watson has the star power of Michael Jordan says Dabo. if Rex was still here i wonder if we would have drafted him

If we still had Rex then the Sammy trade never happens also if you believe Rex on Hard Knocks part of the plan was to bring in DeSean Jackson, yet with his lack of production in Tampa it might be a good thing he's gone.

I thought his name was "Deshawn?"

his name might be Rookie of the Year if he keeps it up. between him and Kareem Hunt

If we still had Rex then the Sammy trade never happens also if you believe Rex on Hard Knocks part of the plan was to bring in DeSean Jackson, yet with his lack of production in Tampa it might be a good thing he's gone.

DeSean Jackson also said it's too cold in Buffalo and he's too old to be in the snow. we had no shot

Posts like the OP's are embarrassing. Epitome of gut reaction to an incredibly small sample size. People said the same about Luck, Newton, Bortles, Winston, Dalton, etc. no Super Bowls for those guys and many of their biggest supporters off the band wagon.

OP should learn how to count to ten, take a deep breath, and not post ridiculous threads.

Posts like the OP's are embarrassing. Epitome of gut reaction to an incredibly small sample size. People said the same about Luck, Newton, Bortles, Winston, Dalton, etc. no Super Bowls for those guys and many of their biggest supporters off the band wagon.

OP should learn how to count to ten, take a deep breath, and not post ridiculous threads.

heh? Luck was 1 game away from the Super Bowl, Newton was in the Super Bowl as the favorite, Winston is probably the best up and coming QB in the league. we have Tyrod and you are scoffing at those guys?

Watson 25-34 283 yards 4 TD passed, 1 rushing TD. 5 TD's in total. 25 rushing yards throwing deep like crazy. Will Fullers back 2TDs and they have Hopkins. The Houston coach called Watson the Michael Jordon of College Football. So they trade up to take him. The coach said you don't pass on this guy ever. Typical Bills just keep passing on QB's this is a QB driven league. No QB no playoffs. watch the Texans go to the playoffs and deep into them.

Some so called experts were saying ( before the draft ) that Watson should be a day two draft pick , and most ( scouts , experts ) did not know if his play will transfer to the next level ( NFL)

Many of us here were saying that Watson = Tyrod , i cant remember anyone ( on here ) saying that we should even consider Watson with our 1st round pick ,

....Watson has been performing well in the infancy stages of his career......as did RG I 7/8 and Casper-Nick, both who may be selling used Yugos in Nogales because they ain't in the NFL......and TT is still hanging around for year seven versus both......how will Watson progress?...who knows....but a useless comparative thread at this stage in his career and only meant to be a minion yapping about TT....SHOCKING, isn't it?......

Some so called experts were saying ( before the draft ) that Watson should be a day two draft pick , and most ( scouts , experts ) did not know if his play will transfer to the next level ( NFL)

Many of us here were saying that Watson = Tyrod , i cant remember anyone ( on here ) saying that we should even consider Watson with our 1st round pick ,

I did.

We won't know who the best QB in this year's draft is for a couple of years. It takes some guys a couple of years to find their game. Aaron Rogers sat for a year or so behind Brett Favre, for heaven's sake, and he's the best QB playing now (my opinion). Other guys light up the league for a year or so, and then get hurt (so bad about RGIII, what a waste), or it turns out they played great because their O line and WRs and RB were great and he was not so much. Or the league figures out their game and how to stop it (Kaepernick).

For now, enjoy watching Watson and the other new QBs, and watching to see how they develop. If you love football you love watching good players, even if they're on other teams.

heh? Luck was 1 game away from the Super Bowl, Newton was in the Super Bowl as the favorite, Winston is probably the best up and coming QB in the league. we have Tyrod and you are scoffing at those guys?

Yeah. I would rather continue to both develop Tyrod into our franchise quarterback and continue to build a team and friggin win games, not play fantasy football with roster spots.