I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

First, I'm not a professional TT hater, I'd prefer to keep my amateur status for the Olympics...

That said, TT does get paid to start on a professional football team, so I would expect him to do some of the things a starting QB does, but I still see little in his play to justify excitement in him.

He runs well and throws a pretty nice long ball. GO TT!

His short game is below average. He rarely throws the ball to a spot that allows receivers to stay in stride. He too often fails to connect with open receivers. The number of times he throws as he completes his drop is ridiculously infrequent. He regularly drops back. Waits for receivers to gain obvious separation, flicks it (not throws it, he rarely finishes the process balanced on his front foot) near the receiver and let's them chase it down.

I will not miss him when he's gone. I recognize there are worse options, but he is not a QB that I enjoy watching.

I'm glad the defense is vastly improved now that Rex & bro are gone. They are the difference from last year, not TT.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep hearing about Taylors beautiful long balls......yet i dont see it, sure he connected a few times with Watkins on chuck and pray balls, but those are extremely low percentage plays. more often than not ive seen Taylors long balls float out of bounds with no way to make a play on the ball.

i just dont see this aspect of his game. chicks dig the long ball, winning games takes the chains moving on 3rd downs. This is where Taylor is extremely limited.

Edited by bigduke6

So a 3 & out after coming out of the locker room from half time. Now the Bengals start with much better field position than if we had a single first down.

- Notice Tyrod's low PASSING ATTEMPTS: See how he can't get MORE passing attempts because the drive ended? People always point to "well he only averages 24 attempts per game!" and blame the OC. Here's the thing, if we didn't go 3 & out, he'd NATURALLY get more passing attempts by virtue of still be on the field.

Again, 3 & outs DO matter.

Like I've been saying for years ... it's WHEN those pretty stats happen for Tyrod.

Before the half, that was about the most pathetic two minute drill I've ever seen.

And since ... even worse.

I want to believe in him, but I can't. He's just not that good.

And here we go. Bills response after a Begals TD? Go 3 & out. Oh wait, a lucky penalty extends their drive, new set of downs. Surely, we can move the ball now. Nope 3 plays & punt, moving backwards.

But hey, at the start of the drive we had 34 yards of total offense in the 2nd half, definitely not Tyrod's fault though. 3 & outs don't matter. Even when the defense is giving you possessions, still can't do much with it.

I posted a stat earlier and broke down how if the Bills under Tyrod go down at ANY point in the 4th quarter we're 2-15. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good for us. It's not all Tyrod's fault, it never is. But he's not a come-from-behind QB, so all we can do is hope for the best. Defense has given us all they can, the offense HAS to do something.

And even with GREAT...absolutely GREAT field position, we net almost no yards period. Settling for yet another FG.

Yep. He is exactly what we said he was. He looks the same as he's always been. And now his record goes to 2-16 when going down by even a single point in the 4th quarter. Tyrod cannot win games when we go behind AT ALL. Our defense did everything they could to save this team, but Tyrod & Co. said "no thanks."

Yep. He is exactly what we said he was. He looks the same as he's always been. And now his record goes to 2-16 when going down by even a single point in the 4th quarter. Tyrod cannot win games when we go behind AT ALL. Our defense did everything they could to save this team, but Tyrod & Co. said "no thanks."

but...but...DVOA

/nerd