I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

The guy has over a 100 QB rating the last two weeks, with this WR corp, still doesn't turn the ball over, and it's always "do more".

So start up who do we need to add WR thread I guess. We truly do need help at the position and not doing anything about it.

Off the top of my head whom avail. and want to play still

V.Jax

Cruz

S.Johnson

Colston

IDK, sure plenty more as well?

Edited by Real McCoy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So start up who do we need to add WR thread I guess. We truly do need help at the position and not doing anything about it.

Off the top of my head whom avail. and want to play still

V.Jax

Cruz

S.Johnson

Colston

IDK, sure plenty more as well?

Probably going with what we have. Jones has to step up.

Probably going with what we have. Jones has to step up.

He truly does at least need to fill that Robert Woods role. I wish we would have paid Woods and Goodwin actually if our FO knew they might deal Watkins, Goodwin whom was not the best would at least open up the deep ball and keep D secondaries somewhat in check or honest. Woods was a decent #2 and solid security blanket for Tyrod to throw to when in trouble. One of those you "don't know what you got till it's gone"

Neither were world beaters but def helped open up the Offense more..

Edited by Real McCoy

Ok, so did some research, Tyrod is 2-15 when we trail in the 4th quarter at any point (whether we begin the 4th behind or if we get behind by even a point).

2015:

Lost to Pats (32 to 40)

Lost to Giants (10 to 24) - Started 4th Qt 3 to 16

Win against Titans (14 to 13) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 10

Lost to Pats (13 to 20) - Started 4th Qt 10 to 20

Lost to Chiefs (22 to 30) - Started 4th Qt 22 to 24

Lost to Eagles (20 to 23) -Started 4th Qt tied 20 to 20

Lost to Redskins (25 to 35) - Started 4th Qt 17 to 28

2016:

-Lost to Ravens (7 to 13) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 10

-Lost to Jets (31 to 37) - Started 4th Qt 24 to 27

-Lost to Dolphins (25 to 28) - Started 4th Qt leading 17 to 14

-Lost to Pats (25 to 41)

-Lost to Seahawks (25 to 31) - Started 4th Qt 17 to 28

-Win against Jaguars (28 to 21) - Started 4th leading 20 to 14

-Lost to Raiders (24 to 38) - Started 4th Qt leading 24 to 23

-Lost to Steelers (20 to 27) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 21

-Lost to Dolphins (31 to 34) - Started 4th Qt 24 to 28

2017:

-Lost to Panthers (3 to 9) - Started 4th Qt 3 to 9

So in addition to the scores, I added what the score was at the beginning of the 4th Qt as long as we were within 2 scores (a deficit that is at least able to be overcome) to show where we stood.

*2 of the 15 losses were blowouts against the Patriots. One in 2015 & one in 2016. By the time the 4th Qt came around, there was no realistic hope in any QB to bring us back.

*2 of the losses we began the 4th Qt with a lead. Once was against the Dolphins, leading 17 to 14. The other was against the Raiders, leading 24 to 23.

*In the other 11 losses we averaged a deficit of exactly 7 points, aka a single TD + extra point going into the 4th.

*In 1 of his 2 wins, we had a lead going into the 4th - Up 20 to 14 against Jacksonville to begin the quarter, to which they quickly scored a TD putting them up 20 to 21. We scored 4 mins later & kept the lead. The other win was against the Titans in 2015 when we began the 4th Qt down by 3 points.

In other words, if we are behind in the 4th quarter we do not win. Tyrod historically has not been able to will us from behind to win games. If we need to rely on the passing game, we lose. If we need more than a single score, we lose. In 11 of those losses, we averaged a deficit of a single TD.

All I'm saying is I am not confident in Tyrod ever getting us a win when we're behind. If we don't have a lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, history shows we lose.

Lmao. All that work and what did you prove? Look at how many of those games we scored 25 or more and still lost. BTW, only 6 teams in the NFL averaged 26pts per game last season. So if you expect TT and this offense to average 32pts per game (another TD drive) just to win, youre delusional.

Tyrod "willing" us to wins.

Drew Brees has a worse w/l record than Tyrod over the last 30+ games (2 1/4 seasons). Why cant Brees "will" his team to win; have lightning come our of his ars and catapult him into the end zone with his sheer "will."

Edited by bobobonators

Your flat out ignorant or not very football smart if you think that being the near worst in the league at 3 and outs or punting per drive are not an important offense statistic.

Keep saying bu, bu, but we won. How long do you think our D is going to continue to bail out an inept Offense? 3 Offensive TD's total the last 3 games is not going to sustain winning success period.

Again, where are the stats that correlate three and out percentage with winning? And I'll ask again, do you think the dozen or so series in which the Bills just tried to run the clock might have had an impact on the numbers you're trying to push?

Not trying to push anything man. If you don't get that field positioning is one of the most important parts of winning football games I'm not sure what to say to you.

When the hell did I say that? You still haven't answered my question,

I get what your saying to a degree and can agree this is fine if our D plays lights out like it has the rest of the year. There will be games as we all know that our D is going to stumble and these other stats are super important to keep winning.

The same stat I pulled BTW were so much better the prior 2 years, especially TD's per drive, we were top 10 in the NFL (2015 7th and 2016 6th)

Dennison and Tyrod still have alot of work to do IMO for us to sustain winning week to week.

I look at DVOA as well but like to see a better breakdown is all. Football Outsiders is a great website BTW.

I want to see our offense improve, believe me. I just don't think Tyrod is the part that needs most improvement. The receivers and offensive line are more easily upgradeable IMO. I really don't think more than maybe 5 QBs in the league right now would be doing any better with this same roster. That's one thing even DVOA misses, that the parts around you contribute to how well you do. Jamies Winston has Mike Evans and Desean Jackson, and now Doug Martin back from suspension, plus a 1st round TE. I am pretty sure if you replaced Tyrod with Winston you wouldn't see much of a change in offensive production, it might even be less! Whereas if you changed every other offensive player on the field, even Shady for Doug Martin, and kept Tyrod, I am pretty sure the offensive production would go up. DVOA counts a throw to Zay Jones and a throw to Mike Evans as equal but of course that's not true in reality. Even the best stats can't capture the whole picture.

I want to see our offense improve, believe me. I just don't think Tyrod is the part that needs most improvement. The receivers and offensive line are more easily upgradeable IMO. I really don't think more than maybe 5 QBs in the league right now would be doing any better with this same roster. That's one thing even DVOA misses, that the parts around you contribute to how well you do. Jamies Winston has Mike Evans and Desean Jackson, and now Doug Martin back from suspension, plus a 1st round TE. I am pretty sure if you replaced Tyrod with Winston you wouldn't see much of a change in offensive production, it might even be less! Whereas if you changed every other offensive player on the field, even Shady for Doug Martin, and kept Tyrod, I am pretty sure the offensive production would go up. DVOA counts a throw to Zay Jones and a throw to Mike Evans as equal but of course that's not true in reality. Even the best stats can't capture the whole picture.

I don't agree with changing Shady thinking it would make us better. You do realize, well I would imagine you would realize that teams are game planing to stop the run and making Tyrod be a QB so it really doesn't matter who is at RB the running game is stuck till Tyrod has a break out game throwing and the game plan for the other team changes.

The games have been close so I think the game plans will remain the same, stop the run. Our D and kicker will have to be 110% all year because expecting a big throwing game by Tyrod isn't who Tyrod is. We can all hope but even hitting 200 is a big day for him. Got my hopes up and all my fingers crossed but even that wont create that miracle . Go Bills

Edited by xRUSHx

Bills are ranked 30th in 3 and outs, which is a wicked important O stat. Only Tenn and Indy are worse but they have 16%+ more drives starts than we do already on the season.

Punt per drive is also another very important stat in which we are ranked 31st in the League in front of Miami.

Biggest ? is this Tyrod's or Dennison's fault? I get we played 2 strong defenses but there is a lot of concern.

3 and out % and every stat on offense is in the link below showing were we rank after 4 games.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff2017

Are people watching games?

If you were, with the exception of the Carolina games I think it's blatantly obvious our large 3 & out % is the result of conservative playcalling once this team gets the lead.

Are people watching games?

If you were, with the exception of the Carolina games I think it's blatantly obvious our large 3 & out % is the result of conservative playcalling once this team gets the lead.

Of course it's not Tyrod it's the OC right?. So what your saying is at the end of the season if we miss the playoffs the OC will get canned. How about blame the Oline, Shady and the WRs? Sounds like the good old Fitz days. Wash repeat, same path of a backup QB here different staff, it's not the QB it's everyone else.

I really hope this new staff has a better plan because what your posting is a direct finger pointed at it thinking Tyrod is so talented that the coach is at fault.

I wonder how many OCs Tyrod will get fired while here.

Edited by xRUSHx

Tell that to the Defense you keep chucking on the field. Tell me how that works with field positioning battles? Tell me how basically leading the league this year in punting per drive makes your O better?

The agenda here is insane Happy. Open the link and look at our putrid O stats thus far.

It's Black and White.

Dude!!! Most of our 3 & outs have been when we're ahead!!!

Are people not watching the games?

That's not what I was trying to say at all.

Well it sure looked like that is what you said

I copied this from your post.

I am pretty sure if you replaced Tyrod with Winston you wouldn't see much of a change in offensive production, it might even be less! Whereas if you changed every other offensive player on the field, even Shady for Doug Martin, and kept Tyrod, I am pretty sure the offensive production would go up.

Edited by xRUSHx

Of course it's not Tyrod it's the OC. So what your saying is at the end of the season if we miss the playoffs the OC will get canned then the next season they can blame the WRs then again you blame everyone but Tyrod, how about the Oline, Shady and the WRs? Sounds like the good old Fitz days. Wash repeat, same path of a backup QB different staff, it's not the QB it's everyone else.

I really hope this new staff has a better plan because what your posting is a direct finger pointed at it thinking Tyrod is so talented that the coach is at fault.

Dude, I'm so amazed. It's as though you think McDermott is paying closer attention to the 3 & out % than the fact that we're 3-1.

Or that the team's 3 & out % is somehow indicative of Taylor's failure when he's needed when, in fact, he has the 3rd highest passer rating in the NFL when trailing 0:)

Dude, I'm so amazed. It's as though you think McDermott is paying closer attention to the 3 & out % than the fact that we're 3-1.

Or that the team's 3 & out % is somehow indicative of Taylor's failure when he's needed when, in fact, he has the 3rd highest passer rating in the NFL when trailing 0:)

Hey man I just want more from the offense. I hope he lights it up this week. I love that we are winning and I hope it continues it's just this call out thread and the excuses being thrown had me comment my opinion. Go Bills

I'm just tired of the blame the OC that happens all the time with Tyrod or the blame everyone else excuses we have to keep going through trying to find out why the offense isn't good enough. It's why many want a better talent at QB, a upgrade some call it.

Edited by xRUSHx

Drew Brees has a worse w/l record than Tyrod over the last 30+ games (2 1/4 seasons). Why cant Brees "will" his team to win; have lightning come our of his ars and catapult him into the end zone with his sheer "will."

The only thing this says is that W/L record is a team stat. Brees has proven that he can win a Lombardi if you give him a competent defense. There is no comparison between the two quarterbacks.

This thread brings a lot of comedic potential, because you know someone is going to create a "I wonder where the professional TT lovers are now?" thread the next time he puts up a stinker.

Lmao. All that work and what did you prove? Look at how many of those games we scored 25 or more and still lost. BTW, only 6 teams in the NFL averaged 26pts per game last season. So if you expect TT and this offense to average 32pts per game (another TD drive) just to win, youre delusional.

Tyrod "willing" us to wins.

To be fair, Brees has willed his team down the field and into the endzone. The Saints defense just lets the opposing offense score right back.

I believe Tyrod's poor performance against Carolina is clear, but then against two tough opponents in Atlanta and Denver, he made some pretty nice looking throws. If he keeps games like that up, I'll be impressed. If he reverts back to Carolina level of playing, I won't be.

Also I saw someone blame Zay Jones for why we aren't 4-0. Absurd. That is mostly Tyrod's fault throwing it to the wrong shoulder. Zay Jones tried to adjust, but just couldn't get a handle on it. He should've still caught it, but a better throw would've been an easy wide open walk in TD.

Edited by What a Tuel

Ok, so did some research, Tyrod is 2-15 when we trail in the 4th quarter at any point (whether we begin the 4th behind or if we get behind by even a point).

2015:

Lost to Pats (32 to 40)

Lost to Giants (10 to 24) - Started 4th Qt 3 to 16

Win against Titans (14 to 13) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 10

Lost to Pats (13 to 20) - Started 4th Qt 10 to 20

Lost to Chiefs (22 to 30) - Started 4th Qt 22 to 24

Lost to Eagles (20 to 23) -Started 4th Qt tied 20 to 20

Lost to Redskins (25 to 35) - Started 4th Qt 17 to 28

2016:

-Lost to Ravens (7 to 13) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 10

-Lost to Jets (31 to 37) - Started 4th Qt 24 to 27

-Lost to Dolphins (25 to 28) - Started 4th Qt leading 17 to 14

-Lost to Pats (25 to 41)

-Lost to Seahawks (25 to 31) - Started 4th Qt 17 to 28

-Win against Jaguars (28 to 21) - Started 4th leading 20 to 14

-Lost to Raiders (24 to 38) - Started 4th Qt leading 24 to 23

-Lost to Steelers (20 to 27) - Started 4th Qt 7 to 21

-Lost to Dolphins (31 to 34) - Started 4th Qt 24 to 28

2017:

-Lost to Panthers (3 to 9) - Started 4th Qt 3 to 9

So in addition to the scores, I added what the score was at the beginning of the 4th Qt as long as we were within 2 scores (a deficit that is at least able to be overcome) to show where we stood.

*2 of the 15 losses were blowouts against the Patriots. One in 2015 & one in 2016. By the time the 4th Qt came around, there was no realistic hope in any QB to bring us back.

*2 of the losses we began the 4th Qt with a lead. Once was against the Dolphins, leading 17 to 14. The other was against the Raiders, leading 24 to 23.

*In the other 11 losses we averaged a deficit of exactly 7 points, aka a single TD + extra point going into the 4th.

*In 1 of his 2 wins, we had a lead going into the 4th - Up 20 to 14 against Jacksonville to begin the quarter, to which they quickly scored a TD putting them up 20 to 21. We scored 4 mins later & kept the lead. The other win was against the Titans in 2015 when we began the 4th Qt down by 3 points.

In other words, if we are behind in the 4th quarter we do not win. Tyrod historically has not been able to will us from behind to win games. If we need to rely on the passing game, we lose. If we need more than a single score, we lose. In 11 of those losses, we averaged a deficit of a single TD.

All I'm saying is I am not confident in Tyrod ever getting us a win when we're behind. If we don't have a lead by the end of the 3rd quarter, history shows we lose.

Stats are for losers.