November 12 game

oldmanfan

No way in hell I'm honoring that boycott.

no way.

have a great time with your daughter old. i wouldn't let any of this nonsense stop you from making a fun memory. i can't tell you the number of times i fondly think back to games with family and friends. it's a game. have fun.

This whole issue will blow over and be largely forgotten in 2 weeks. That game will be sold out and the stadium packed.

I agree. If Buffalo is playing well it will be a sell out. If Buffalo doesn't win a game from now til than the stands may be empty. The only thing being protested would be the bad play on the field.

Its easy for all of those Giants and Bengals fan to burn their season tickets in protest lol.

Apparently there is a movement afoot to boycott games that day, the day after Veteran's Day. My daughter and I have planned to attend; it will be her first game ever at the stadium and is the only game she can get to because of rehearsals(she's an actor/singer and it's the one weekend she has free).

Here's what we will do. We'll drive in the day before. We'll visit the site where her grandfather's ashes are kept and pay our respects to that Navy veteran. We'll get wings at Duff's and see her cousins. The next day we'll go to New Era and we'll shake the hands of veterans we see there and thank them for their service. We'll party at different tailgates. We'll stand and place our hands over our hearts when the anthem is played, and we'll respect the rights of players to kneel if they do choose even if we don't agree. Then we'll enjoy watching the Bills pound the Saints.

Will you be with me?

Sent you a PM

Boycott buying anything Bills related till this is over. I still love my Bills, been a fan way to long to totally walk away

Ho ho ho Chi Minh.

My father was totally messed up from Vietnam.

Be Antiwar altogether.

Sister a nurse for air force. Horror stories all the way around.

Paid global police for corporate power.

Work with 100 vets. Mostly poor kids. Few options. Feel sorry for them.

Universal soldier- Donovan

Ho ho ho Chi Minh.

My father was totally messed up from Vietnam.

Be Antiwar altogether.

Sister a nurse for air force. Horror stories all the way around.

Paid global police for corporate power.

Work with 100 vets. Mostly poor kids. Few options. Feel sorry for them.

Universal soldier- Donovan

Ok.

Must be getting feeble in my old age. If I understand this then, On a week when the NFL is honoring veterans, those that support veterans are going to boycott the supporting ceremonies because there was a previous disrespect of said veterans at a protest that wasn't really about veterans per se. Either I am incapable of understanding the collective mindset of 2017 USA or the whole country has gone freakin' nuts.

The whole country has gone freakin' nuts

Most of the veterans I know are decent people, and most of the athletes I know are decent people. If a member of the armed services were to introduce himself or herself to an athlete who knelt, the vast majority of athletes would likely say "Thank you for your service. I appreciate the sacrifices you, your families, and your brothers and sisters in service make for our freedom." And I betcha if an athlete who knelt were to walk over and introduce himself to a service member, the majority of service members would say "I will defend to my death your right to expression. Your choice to exercise the freedoms the Constitution affords you is a reminder of why I serve."

The only people who act like utter a$&holes to each other are...the rest of us.

Edited by WickedGame

Very well put....and a great plan. I would have never guessed it, but the NFL since last weekend is imposing a litmus test on fans (and non-fans) for racism. Because those doing the protesting have never so much hinted at any disdain for the military. Nor have they soiled, sullied, or otherwise denigrated the American Flag. They are simply bringing attention to the systematic institutional racism in this nation in total lockstep with the First Amendment. And most of the service men and women I've listened to state that they support the protests. They don't have to agree. Thats...ah...kind of what our Constitution is all about. It's the Constitution and our rights they were and are fighting for - and not for the rights of bigots to tell others what they should do.

I actually saw a FB post where an individual (who perhaps no so coincidentally had a poor grasp of English spelling and Grammar) stated he would beat the s*%t out of anyone that did not respect the flag and our military dead. Incredible. SMH.

A litmus test. And the results are terrifying.

Edited by theRalph

The only thing not going to the game will do, is lose home field advantage. The only people benefitting from this are the owners - they've already made the money. Its a stupid move, please sell to me.

I can't make many games due to location and I want to take my family. If you are boycotting, at least help one of your brethren out.

Veterans, the flag and the national anthem were not disrespected no Matter what the Dotard and his minions say. IT was a protest to the comments he made about firing folks who kneel out of protest against the social injustice.

Let's not get things twisted here. Those people are being hypocritical or they are just showing their true feelings that they will oppose Trump no matter what. He expressed HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, when he stated his opinion on what he thought should happen to anyone that kneels during the anthem. And in fact he is right considering it is in the NFL rules that the anthem will be played at every game, both teams will be present, the players will be standing along the sideline, facing the flag, and SHOULD be standing at attention.

Fair points.

NFL doesn't make it's money on attendance anymore anyway.

I like the idea of standing and singing.

To the OP, you don't have to justify "breaking the boycott". Do whatever you see fit, it is your perogative, and you should not miss an opportunity to see a game with your daughter because others want to boycott.

I hear this a lot about ticket money is not the big income NFL income source.

What I can tell you is you are wrong. Very wrong.

2016 NFL avg ticket price is $172 avg stadium size is 67,861. Most stadium are sold out. So avg team makes $116,720,920 per season for tickets. I know they give 20% to visiting teams and take 20% when on road etc etc. It still calculates out the same.

This $116 million does not include PSL, suite sales, club seats, etc... TV revenue is gigantic approx. 6 billion per year or $187.5 million. Other shared revenue brings this up to approx. $7.8 billion per year or $243.7 million.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-teams-shared-8-billion-2016-10-percent-increase/xq0olewhxo2d1a5mmrll4w4fz

This ticket money is huge. Almost half of tv money. It is very very important and that is why NFL is concerned about potential attendance drop from protests and are afraid to do anything about it fearing more backlash if they try to curb it.

Edited by cba fan

Must be getting feeble in my old age. If I understand this then, On a week when the NFL is honoring veterans, those that support veterans are going to boycott the supporting ceremonies because there was a previous disrespect of said veterans at a protest that wasn't really about veterans per se. Either I am incapable of understanding the collective mindset of 2017 USA or the whole country has gone freakin' nuts.

Not the whole country, just a certain vocal, ill-informed segment.