I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

Maybe he's a top 6 QB and no one will come out and say it.

Is this where you are at? Are you really at a point where the data has overwhelmed you to a point that you just troll facts???

Look, no one wants to be wrong. Tyrod is a way better player than you thought he was. Does that mean he's great, no. Your attempts to drag him to the level that you believed to be true are kind of pathetic. I guess that you will feel better if you are "less wrong." The problem is that recently the numbers are pushing him further from where you thought that he was making you look more wrong. Now you're grasping at straws. Just waive the white flag and move on to a new topic.

this again???? :wallbash::wallbash:

:D:beer:

Please add

Rushing yards are not correlated to winning in the NFL.

Points on the board win games. everything else is meaningless so it seems.

I only bring the facts. Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that part of that's not true: the last time I ran the stats, rushing yards ARE correlated to winning in the NFL. You can't see it as clearly yet this season, but overall it's true

Simplistically, the reason for this is straightforward if you think about it a minute: when teams are ahead, if they can rush well enough to achieve 1st downs, that's a low-risk way of eating up the clock.

On the other hand, when teams are behind, they're pretty much forced to pass to try to catch up.

What worries me about the Bills offense right now isn't Taylor's lack of passing yards, but their ineffectiveness at establishing a running game. Last year, teams could stack the box and try to shut down the run, and they usually couldn't.

PS I haven't done as much recently, but to many of the old timers here I'm well known as a stats geek. If I use a stats word like "correlated" I usually know WTF I'm talking about.

I should start identifying my sarcastic posts.

Apologies

I only bring the facts. Sometimes the truth hurts.

His QB rating in his last 6 games is like 109.

While true, does it really mean he is as good as Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Ryan?

No worries. I do try to keep my mouth shut when I don't know what I'm talking about - doesn't work 100% though :D

correlated to winning..

50 yards and a score is 50 yards and a score. Passing and Rushing s/b equally valued. But hey, that is just me

His QB rating in his last 6 games is like 109.

While true, does it really mean he is as good as Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Ryan?

Did I say that he was? I just said "these are the facts." You can do with them what you will. I do think that it is more reasonable than not though to assume that we are seeing genuine improvement. He has 4 games with a rating over 100 in that span. This isn't people getting worked up over 1 great game. We are seeing him evolve.

Did I say that he was? I just said "these are the facts." You can do with them what you will. I do think that it is more reasonable than not though to assume that we are seeing genuine improvement. He has 4 games with a rating over 100 in that span. This isn't people getting worked up over 1 great game. We are seeing him evolve.

No, I did not say that you did,

I suggested than some people might.

For a running QB those are great stats.

maybe we need to define criteria for a running QB and a passing QB

Over under 25 passes a game average?

Part of the problem is super conservative play calling. This team is ahead in the fourth quarter and they go to the "run run pass punt" or "run run run punt" offense. Taylor can be trusted to take care of the ball. Something bad can happen but I am sure we will lose a game when we are up by one score because of the conservative play calling.

No, I did not say that you did,

I suggested than some people might.

For a running QB those are great stats.

maybe we need to define criteria for a running QB and a passing QB

Over under 25 passes a game average?

No QB attempts under 25 passes per game on average...

Also, passer rating doesn't factor in rushes whatsoever, so I'm not sure how it's great stats for a running QB.

Hmmm. I recall this offseason a few posters suggested that we had not yet seen Tryod's ceiling after only 29 NFL starts. Those people were widely mocked (not by you, of course) by those who said it was time to move on from TT because "no one improves in his seventh season in the league".

What do you call a QB statistically in the top 6 or top 10 in every major category?

No QB attempts under 25 passes per game on average...

Also, passer rating doesn't factor in rushes whatsoever, so I'm not sure how it's great stats for a running QB.

seems damn close to me.

2016 - 15 games - 7 games with 25 or less passes. 10 games with 30 or less passes.

2015 - 14 games - 5 games with 25 or less passes. 10 games with 30 or less passes.

2017 - 3 games with 30 or less passes.

pick another # then. Say 30?

Did you know that in 2015 TT never completed more than 28 passes in a game? (5 games with 20 - 28 completions)

Did you know that in 2016 TT never completed more than 27 passes in a game? (3 games with 20 - 27 completions)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

seems damn close to me.

2016 - 15 games - 7 games with 25 or less passes. 10 games with 30 or less passes.

2015 - 14 games - 5 games with 25 or less passes. 10 games with 30 or less passes.

2017 - 3 games with 30 or less passes.

pick another # then. Say 30?

This year the QB's under 30 (so far) are:

McCown, Bortles, Smith, Newton, Goff, Watson, Taylor, and Flacco.

Last year it would've been:

Tannehill, Goff, Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Prescott, Kaep

2015 would've been:

Dalton, Smith, Bridgewater, Taylor, Kaep, Manziel, Cassel

How about we define 'running QBs' by their rush attempts instead of their pass attempts?

This year the QB's under 30 (so far) are:

McCown, Bortles, Smith, Newton, Goff, Watson, Taylor, and Flacco.

Last year it would've been:

Tannehill, Goff, Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Prescott, Kaep

2015 would've been:

Dalton, Smith, Bridgewater, Taylor, Kaep, Manziel, Cassel

How about we define 'running QBs' by their rush attempts instead of their pass attempts?

seems to me half of those listed this season (from what I know of the player) are scramblers.

Kaep played last season? Sees so long ago he got benched.

2015 - I'd say only 2 are not scramblers.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Again the point about 300 is that it is a benchmark that EVERY COMPETENT QB IN THE NFL can throw for....... The Bills are the only team in the NFL that avoids it like the plague.

I am a terrible fan to say I am more entertained by a 28-24 game (W) with 300 yards passing then a 13-10 win with 180.......

Every year there are going to be 10+ games where you will need the offense and passing attack to win and the Bills refused to address it (actually made it worse).

I think TT is handcuffed in this offense and they got rid of their best receiver for the heck of it......

Here is the 2016 300 Yard passers....

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/300-yard-passing.html?yr=2016

Happened 111 Times...... Once by Buffalo......

Edited by Billsfan1972

Again the point about 300 is that it is a benchmark that EVERY COMPETENT QB IN THE NFL can throw for....... The Bills are the only team in the NFL that avoids it like the plague.

I am a terrible fan to say I am more entertained by a 28-24 game (W) with 300 yards passing then a 13-10 win with 180.......

Every year there are going to be 10+ games where you will need the offense and passing attack to win and the Bills refused to address it (actually made it worse).

I think TT is handcuffed in this offense and they got rid of their best receiver for the heck of it......

I still don't understand why you chose this week, against the Denver D, to gripe about this. 12 of their past 19 opponents didn't even pass for 200 yards.

Because this is the old refrain for TT and the Bills. Wins are all that counts (and don't forget haven't sniffed at the playoffs since 1999) and always an excuse about the offensive woes.

The Bills are not Jacksonville or Cleveland and it just is amazing the inability of this team to stumble into a 300 yard passing game.

This is the NFL and there are usually at least 10X's during the season you need to throw for 300 yards in order to win a game and this team has an offense that has in the last 2+ years shown they are incapable of doing that.

And to those going on about going 4-6 last week (they were by the way 6-0 week one throwing 300 yards), two of those games both QB's threw for 300, Goff threw just under 300 and Hoyer was a 2 point convert from OT, Manning put up 24 points and almost all that passing in the 4th quarter and only TB lost the game decisively.

There is not a team in the league worried that Buffalo can come back against them or beat them by passing and that bothers me.