Fans burning their NFL apparel on social media...

eball

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is really going on? Players are protesting the flag and anthem, but don't have a problem with the flag or anthem? That seems to make much less sense to me.

These fans are upset with football, so they protest football.

NFL players are upset with croked cops, white supremacy, and Trump so they protest the flag?

I just fundamentally don't tunderstand how you can make a point that the players protest is somehow more legitimate. Clearly the issues they have a problem with are legitimate, and a big problem in the country, but that doesn't make the misappropriation of anger any less puzzling.

Rosa Parks wasn't protesting the bus

Pay attention to the message, not the method.

What is really going on? Players are protesting the flag and anthem, but don't have a problem with the flag or anthem? That seems to make much less sense to me.

These fans are upset with football, so they protest football.

NFL players are upset with croked cops, white supremacy, and Trump so they protest the flag?

I just fundamentally don't tunderstand how you can make a point that the players protest is somehow more legitimate. Clearly the issues they have a problem with are legitimate, and a big problem in the country, but that doesn't make the misappropriation of anger any less puzzling.

What those offended by the protests want is to not to be reminded injustice exists in this country.

Are you old enough to remember the civil rights protests of the 60's? Some of the negative comments made about those protesters are being made today.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Seems like several things are pointing to the eventual downfall of the NFL. Diluted product. Unwatchable games due to so many commercials, video reviews. Not only permitting but even supporting their employees to offend a very large portion of their customers. Not to mention parents not wanting their kids to play football because it's to "tough". Day's are numbered imho.

Edited by Dante

So, we can make fun of these people displaying their rights but we can't make fun of the guys who are on their knees?

Ahh, such an enlightened group. Me thinks this progressivism is of such superior morality that it has forgotten hypocrisy.

probably had trouble burning that flag because they are made out of flame resistant material as so not too catch on fire. Still funny though.

that's why man created accelerant haha the guy talking about the Torah at least had enough foresight to use it. he had no problem setting his purchases aflame

What those offended by the protests want is to not have to be reminded injustice exists in this country.

Are you old enough to remember the civil rights protests of the 60's? Some of the negative comments made about those protesters are being made today.

Conjecture and character smearing. How could you possibly know that? You don't. You are just trying to call peoplebwho don't agree with you "racict", "dumb", and "misguided" because you don't accept their view as legitimate.

I want a real conversation about the injustice. America has a long history of trying to right it's own wrongs, and we are headed that way. This particular form of protestimg is counterproductive, however, as it alienates people who would otherwise agree with them.

So, we can make fun of these people displaying their rights but we can't make fun of the guys who are on their knees?

Ahh, such an enlightened group. Me thinks this progressivism is of such superior morality that it has forgotten hypocrisy.

not surprised you don't see the difference. your group's "making fun of" consists of calling people unpatriotic, SOBs, claiming they hate the country, vets, or calling for them to lose their job. oh and of course the free use of racial slurs to express one's disapproval. we're simply laughing at the blatant idiocy.

not mention, again...for whatever reason this keeps getting lost. one group is protesting police brutality and an unjust justice system. the other is burning their belongings in protest to the other protest...yea, they're both quite different.

Edited by 87168

What those offended by the protests want is to not to be reminded injustice exists in this country.

Exactly this. The protests intrude on their fantasies that blacks "deserve" the injustice that so many are subjected to on a regular basis by so many whites throughout the country, and that black athletes should be "grateful" that they're allowed to the opportunity to regularly put their futures on the line in order to gain some wealth.

Exactly this. The protests intrude on their fantasies that blacks "deserve" the injustice that so many are subjected to on a regular basis by so many whites throughout the country, and that black athletes should be "grateful" that they're allowed to the opportunity to regularly put their futures on the line in order to gain some wealth.

:thumbsup:

One of my Facebook friends is on the far-right. He is calling for a boycott of the NFL. He posted a video of a guy burning a team uniform & hat. I looked closely at the video & noticed it was Ravens gear...

So I replied that I could fully understand why, after the embarrassing 44-7 defeat by Jacksonville in London, a Baltimore fan would set fire to his Ravens gear.

It's been linked and discussed in all the other threads about this crap.

It's the middle of a football week. Get this crap out of my face I'm ready for the Falcons.

You have the power to keep this cap out of your own face by not clicking on a topic so obviously consisting of the crap you don't want in your face.

the correct wording

Exactly this. The protests intrude on their fantasies that those Son’sofBitches "deserve" the injustice that so many are subjected to on a regular basis by so many whites throughout the country, and that those Son’sofBitches should be "grateful" that they're allowed to the opportunity to regularly put their futures on the line in order to gain some wealth.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Conjecture and character smearing. How could you possibly know that? You don't. You are just trying to call peoplebwho don't agree with you "racict", "dumb", and "misguided" because you don't accept their view as legitimate.

I want a real conversation about the injustice. America has a long history of trying to right it's own wrongs, and we are headed that way. This particular form of protestimg is counterproductive, however, as it alienates people who would otherwise agree with them.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's all the people who say don't protest at football games? Protest on "your own time?" How many say "It's not the time or place" to protest?

Do you not see how this is being used to inflame passions and deflect from the actual problem? "Why should I care about black injustice? They hate my country!" (See how that works?)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm gona leave you with this quote and hope you understand why they are protesting.

POTUS

White Supremacist Neo-Nazis

"There are some good people in that group"

Black NFL players

"Fire and suspend those SOB's"

Again, I hope you can see they are not protesting the country, but the people leading it, and they really have no other way to do so.

I guess I understand both sides, but don't quite see how many can say they they are protesting the flag when countless times they have said they are not

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's all the people who say don't protest at football games? Protest on "your own time?"

I still dont know what this means...

Like Play the anthem in your kitchen and kneel in your front yard?

Edited by CountDorkula

That is exactly what the British said about the tea party and tarring & feathering tax collectors back in the powdered wig days.

not surprised you don't see the difference. no one is calling them unpatriotic, SOBs, claiming they hate the country and vets, or calling for them to lose their job. simply laughing at the blatant idiocy.

not mention, again...for whatever reason this keeps getting lost. one group is protesting police brutality and an unjust justice system. the other is burning their belongings in protest to their protest...yea, they're both quite different.

no, they're not. They're one in the same which is a barrel of horse dung. Horse dung is some of the lowest quality dung, for the record, so that's bad.

The group protesting police brutality is protesting based on #feelings and #emotions with no factual evidence to support them. In an era where the blacks in this country are wealthier and better off than any other replace or period in the history of the world. They're protesting as the 1% entitled group that the 99% is on the other side of at the end of the day.

Those that are protesting that are voicing their frustration based on the fact that the national anthem isn't about police, however it is acceptable just as juvenile and petulant as can be to ignore the facts already stated. Not to mention, kneeling has done no good. Not one little bit of good. Not one iota of one little teenth of a taitn hair of good. It hasn't raised money, it hasn't began, nor will it ever begin a social movements which will envelope change because it is not inclusive. It is divisive. It is not something that all people can't stand behind, as the protesters exhibit because it is disrespectful to others.

This movement is not a civil rights movement. It is a civil rights confrontation to continue to divide all walks of people until you're either 'with us' or 'against us.' that is not what America is about, and that is what is being made to happen when folks like Villanueva have to apologise for their individual interactions of free expression because it is against that of his "team."

This is not a black and white issue (no pun intended) as both sides wish it to be, but I only see one side working through it and willing to communicate while the other demands more and more attention.

The tactics of those protesting by taking a knee are akin to a terrorist hate group.

I'm sorry, but if I'm ever forced to apologize for standing up for my convictions it will end like it's always ended - really unpretty.

That is exactly what the British said about the tea party and tarring & feathering tax collectors back in the powdered wig days.

congratulations, you added nothing to the argument to deny or show otherwise that he is wrong.

I'm gona leave you with this quote and hope you understand why they are protesting.

POTUS

White Supremacist Neo-Nazis

"There are some good people in that group"

Black NFL players

"Fire and suspend those SOB's"

Again, I hope you can see they are not protesting the country, but the people leading it, and they really have no other way to do so.

I still dont know what this means...

Like Play the anthem in your kitchen and kneel in your front yard?

lol. Look at you unable to quote accurately.

Also, has Trump ever actually invited a hate group or terrorist group to the White House as 44 did with inviting the terrorist group BLM?