[closed][Please Change Title]Dareus

Irv

Was he really missed vs Denver? I don't think so. Where do we go with this guy? He can be a GREAT player, but is he worth the headache and money?

Edited by Badthingsman

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.<br /><br />The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.<br /><br />Thank you.

Release Dareus and all other quality players we draft or develop. Watkins, Woods, Darby, Goodwin, Gillislee, Hogan, J WIll, the list is endless.

Never, ever keep a player when you can release him and spend a draft pick on another body that may never develop. Fill your holes with journeymen that cost nothing.

Forever out of the playoffs.

The point is all about the cap now, and when it's feasible to move on. They played well without him, but if he gets his head right and he's healthy, he can dominate. All about the Benjamin's, though.

Might help him get his head right if he realizes that he is not irreplaceable. Watching the defense succeed without him might knock him down a peg. Wish I could see him try, or give a damn at all about his job, fans that pay him, or even just his contractual obligations. He is a rich man because he said he would follow the rules and play. He lied.

Edited by Shotgunner

Might help him get his head right if he realizes that he is not irreplaceable. Watching the defense succeed without him might knock him down a peg. Wish I could see him try, or give a damn at all about his job, fans that pay him, or even just his contractual obligations. He is a rich man because he said he would follow the rules and play. He lied.

Yup cant seem to live up to his end of the deal.

The point is all about the cap now, and when it's feasible to move on. They played well without him, but if he gets his head right and he's healthy, he can dominate. All about the Benjamin's, though.

If he gets his head right. If he stays out of trouble. If he can avoid injuries. If there's no drama in his life. Marcel Dareus' his entire career has been based on the word if. This entire fan base is waiting for that light to go on but I'm afraid that bulb has burned out.

So they didnt have long rushing plays against us?

Look...I love our D they are doing even better then I had hoped for......but if your paying a player as much as we are he needs to be on the field

Well he wasn't on the field because he is injured.

Yes they had long rushing plays against us. I believe I said so. Outside of 4 plays their rushing was contained. That's a pretty good job against the best rushing offense in the NFL. People act as if Dareus being in there guarantees those 4 rushing plays never happen. It doesn't. He didn't stop Bell or Ajayi last season. Both backs embarrassed us badly.

Now someone will say Rex Ryan. Well I looked. With Schwartz as DC and Dareus playing. Charles also had 5 long rushing plays against us plus 2 more that went for 7 and 8 yards.

Heres the rushing by back

Anderson

Charles

For the most part the number 1 rushing offense was contained.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.