Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have people like the Pittsburgh lineman who served our country apologizing for having his own opinion about the flag and now Jim Kelly

It is all about provoking white guilt, except that the average white guy in the stands does not feel guilty. He feels mad and disrespected by the black players who he has just paid $100 to see play. Soon the anger morphs into contempt, resentment and ultimately boycott. This supposed teaching moment backfires and only hurts the 70 plus per cent black players who make up the teams. The white owners, the Joneses and Pegulas who support them are most likely just trying to protect their investment. You don't s%$# where you eat, shoot your nose off to spite your face, or kill the golden goose.

Edited by Niagara

From Sully's mailbag in today's paper..........I knew what side he'd be on before I read his answer. He's such a punk:

Ed Jacobs asks: Your feelings about Kelly on Bills game day sideline?

Sully: I hadn't given it any thought until Jerry Hughes's passionate reaction to Jim's comments about the protest and LeSean McCoy. It makes me suspect the players aren't wild about Kelly hanging around the sideline. It was cute 15 years ago, when he was out there during a big snow game, but maybe it's time he stopped acting like he's one of the boys.

From Sully's mailbag in today's paper..........I knew what side he'd be on before I read his answer. He's such a punk:

Ed Jacobs asks: Your feelings about Kelly on Bills game day sideline?

Sully: I hadn't given it any thought until Jerry Hughes's passionate reaction to Jim's comments about the protest and LeSean McCoy. It makes me suspect the players aren't wild about Kelly hanging around the sideline. It was cute 15 years ago, when he was out there during a big snow game, but maybe it's time he stopped acting like he's one of the boys.

Its kinda surprising that Sully was unable to find a way to lambaste both sides in this argument. I mean, it was Bills v. Bills.

Here's what I don't get. The flag stands for all that is right with America. I know someone that just left Japan because the government was interfering/spying on their female workforce. The flag represents the idealism that is the United States and doesn't exist elsewhere. If players want to make a statement against anything why don't they just kneel prior to the anthem and then rise together when it begins. The message is sent but you are not disrespecting the flag which represents millions of service men and women who have fought and died for this country and represents all the things you are preaching about such as equality. If you don't think we are there yet as a country don't complain about the symbol for the idealism that says we should be there complain about the people responsible for not getting us there. Not standing for the flag doesn't serve any purpose other than increasing the divisions among people you say shouldn't exist! You want to be understood but don't want to offer understanding.

Hasn't anyone thought to say there must be a better way! Then you have people like the Pittsburgh lineman who served our country apologizing for having his own opinion about the flag and now Jim Kelly? if you think the country has work to do then find a way to actually improve it. Doing something that many people perceive as disrespectful to the country seems to me to be very counter-productive.

Sometimes the country needs a wake up call.

There are so many in this country who (a) think there is no more racial equality problem, (b) doesn't care that there is a racial equality problem, or © is glad there is a racial equality problem because it benefits them personally.

To me, the flag/anthem represents exactly what you say - the idealism of freedom, liberty and equality and to honor those who stood for them (especially but not excluded to the military). That's why I will always stand.

But that flag/anthem doesn't mean the same to everyone. And even if it does, it doesn't prevent one from making a statement in this way when they find it necessary.

It is all about provoking white guilt, except that the average white guy in the stands does not feel guilty. He feels mad and disrespected by the black players who he has just paid $100 to see play. Soon the anger morphs into contempt, resentment and ultimately boycott. This supposed teaching moment backfires and only hurts the 70 plus per cent black players who make up the teams. The white owners, the Joneses and Pegulas who support them are most likely just trying to protect their investment. You don't s%$# where you eat, shoot your nose off to spite your face, or kill the golden goose.

Why would the "average white guy in the stands" feel "mad and disrespected" by the black players who are exercising their first amendment right? If they're mad then that's on them.

Hasn't anyone thought to say there must be a better way! Then you have people like the Pittsburgh lineman who served our country apologizing for having his own opinion about the flag and now Jim Kelly? if you think the country has work to do then find a way to actually improve it. Doing something that many people perceive as disrespectful to the country seems to me to be very counter-productive.

How about people just stop being idiots. That's why they're offended by a simple protest. Because they can't understand the other side's point of view or they're too simple-minded to think outside the box.

Villenueva (the Pittsburgh lineman) apologized because he did it the wrong way. Exactly what you're claiming the kneelers are doing. Did you even listen to him explain himself?

He simply didn't understand the situation and was also a victim of peer pressure. You know what we did in the military when we heard the national anthem, but couldn't see the flag? We simply turned in the direction of the song and stood at attention. Simple. Logical. That's all Villanueva had to do and he realized that after the fact, so he apologized. He didn't mean to divide his team or contribute to such a stupid, stupid, stupid crusade.

People can protest how they want. The flag represents SO many things to all different groups of people. Not just our vets. Or our immigrants. Or our immigrant vets. Our our politicians. Or our minority politicians. Or our young. Or our old.

Holy hell. People need to just shut the !@#$ up, unless they have something worthwhile to say.

Why would the "average white guy in the stands" feel "mad and disrespected" by the black players who are exercising their first amendment right? If they're mad then that's on them.

The average fan doesn't have to have a reason for anything. It is his feelings, and how he feels things are not always logical, but what is true is he can spend his money where ever he wishes. That is the rub.

Here's what I don't get. The flag stands for all that is right with America. I know someone that just left Japan because the government was interfering/spying on their female workforce. The flag represents the idealism that is the United States and doesn't exist elsewhere. If players want to make a statement against anything why don't they just kneel prior to the anthem and then rise together when it begins. The message is sent but you are not disrespecting the flag which represents millions of service men and women who have fought and died for this country and represents all the things you are preaching about such as equality. If you don't think we are there yet as a country don't complain about the symbol for the idealism that says we should be there complain about the people responsible for not getting us there. Not standing for the flag doesn't serve any purpose other than increasing the divisions among people you say shouldn't exist! You want to be understood but don't want to offer understanding.

where is it written that kneeling for the anthem is a disgraceful, disrespectful act?

(the correct answer is in your own mind)

Trump called John McCain a 'loser'. I bet you have no problem with Trump disrespecting a POW.

John McCain has a long history. There is McCain the POW, McCain the callous husband ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html),and the "straight talk express" politician who was for the repeal of Obama care before he was against it.

where is it written that kneeling for the anthem is a disgraceful, disrespectful act?

(the correct answer is in your own mind)

You are correct in that it is not written anywhere, but the fact that it is in a majority of American's minds is powerful enough to badly hurt the NFL.