Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

I don't really understand why people think this is a real issue or threat. Does anyone think that if we really were on the brink of nuclear war with NK that Seth Rogen or Dennis Rodman wouldn't save us? Get real.

Rodman is clearly an alien. i have no idea what he might be up to

He's not, at least in this universe.

why do people think this?

and then, why does it matter?

Except for the Holday scheduling

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s what you and probably many of them would like to believe, but the method of protest that they have chosen is going far beyond that, as you can see by the reaction.

The method of protest that they have chosen?

They chose this type of protest because it was the type of protest that Trump was directly commenting on.

I was born in the old Soviet Union in 1966 , i remember( WELL ) when i was 7 years old in class i draw a mustash on ( back then Russian president Brezjnev ) in a school news paper , when the teacher saw what i did 10 minutes later 2 cops show up and took me to the station , both of my parents were picked up from work and brought to the station , ( i will never forget ) my mother on her knees crying beiging the cops to let this go , or else my dad would end up going to prison , we had to pay the cops off with everything we own money , gold , they came and took what ever they wanted from our house , 5 years later we got the permission to leave the USSR only because my dad was Jewish ,

im now 50 years old have 4 kids born here ( in the greates country in the world ) United States of America

not a day goes by that i dont remind my kids how lucky they are to be born here in the Greatest country on this plannet

My whole point is this , most of these athleats dont even know how ( LUCKY ) they are to be born here , where if you want to kneel during the national Anthem you have the freedom to do so , do i agree with it ? it does not matter , what does matter is that we have choice , where in alot of countries untill this day you could end up in prison or worse , for just speaking out against the goverment .

I just want to say this , we could have a debate about this whole standing or sitting during national Anthem , but there is no debate about that we live in the greatest country on this planet ,

God bless America and our man and woman ( of our millitary ) who risk theyre lives every day ( for ALL of US )

I don't know if this post is serious or not. I'm assuming not.

That said, my parents escaped from East Germany in the 50's to gain the freedoms that they didn't have there. They left behind everything to be free. Friends, family and all worldly possessions.

I visited my extended family in East Germany numerous times and was aghast to see what it's like for people who have no freedoms.

Being able to protest against an a-hole president is something that all Americans should be proud of and hold dear, even if you don't agree with them.

They chose this type of protest because it was the type of protest that Trump was directly commenting on.

The protests started over a year before the presidents comments. The method has long been established. It has been chosen because it offends people and therefore gets attention. I don’t really see how this can even be debated, tbh.

Pssssst... it's not really a major social issue. They'd like you to believe it is.

The !@#$ it isn't. A white guy who says racism isn't real. Weird

Obama is Muslim is he not?

No, no he isn't.

But for some reason republicans refuse to take his word on that? I've never been able to put my finger on what it was about him that was different than other presidents. Maybe it was the tan suit.

It's a mystery

Edited by blitzboy54

The !@#$ it isn't. A white guy who says racism isn't real. Weird

No, no he isn't.

But for some reason republicans refuse to take his word on that? I've never been able to put my finger on what it was about him that was different than other presidents. Maybe it was the tan suit.

Weird

Yeah, right. Because the left never gave George W Bush crap or the right didnt crucify the Clintons for 20 years straight. Everything is about race. Thats why people love the current white president. Edited by vincec

Jim - you're one of the great QB of the game.

Now STFU, OK?

You aren't the skin color that gets shot after being pulled over due to a busted tail light with no prior criminal record or other wrongdoing found (only a legally registered weapon) and the shooter walks and the NRA has nothing to say about it. (note: this is not the situation currently being protested in St Louis, but it's one of many incidents that spur the current protests. I don't agree with the protests, but I understand the basis)

This is where I'm at with this fiasco.

Also, Jim had a huge part of the organization with Rex, and I think Jim Might miss that little spotlight, seems like McD shut that down, as far as having these guys around the team so frequently. We all appreciate their greatness but this staff is focused on now and the future.

I'm siding with Hughes here, if you got nothing nice to say, shut up Jim, don't try to divide and single out a player to the public .

The protests started over a year before the presidents comments. The method has long been established. It has been chosen because it offends people and therefore gets attention. I don’t really see how this can even be debated, tbh.

This fact is lost on many. It was strategically chosen. Would there be an uproar if they stopped at midfield and knelt before going into the locker room at halftime. Probably not.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

You keep harping on the act of protesting the anthem by kneeling as being intended to offend people, the above quote from Kap seems to disprove that.

Edited by Buddy Hix

Former Bill Mike Lodish had this to say on the subject on FB:

What a disgrace to all that have served our country. To see the NFL players boycott the National Anthem because of THEIR OWN ISSUES WITH racism. I have news for you you protesting punks, there have been men and women of all types of color and race that have lost their lives because they chose to defend your way of life. You have not only **** on those hero's but you have disrespected our constitution, rights and various freedoms.

I was fortunate to have been given the opport...unity to play in the NFL and have been fortunate to have played in the biggest show of them all, The Super Bowl, six times and let me tell you this, there isn't a day that has gone by where I wouldn't stand for our anthem, to show those families of all colors mind you, that have been associated with the military in some way, the gratitude and thanks for what they and their families have done for the USA. May god watch over all of you and God bless America!

Goodnight!

Fan Fuggin tastic take by Lodish. Tremendous

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

You keep harping on the act of protesting the anthem by kneeling as being intended to offend people, the above quote from Kap seems to disprove that.

That quote from Kaep is patently offensive because it is based on a falsehood. And he flat out states he won't show pride by standing. Everything the $ucka$$es deny the protest is doing.

How about this quote then. Seems in the spirit of what Kap's saying, too::

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

What are you talking about? Intended to oppress??? Thats not what I wrote. Re-read. I wrote intended to offend. Again, this is obvious. Just read this thread or watch the news if you need examples.

I edited my post, I meant to write offend.

And as the quote from Kap stated, the origins of the protest weren't to offend...it was Kap refusing to show pride in a flag. People chose to be offended.

Here's the real question. We are on the brink of war with North Korea. How many of the angry patriots in the stands are ready to go over there?

If the President decided to talk about bringing back conscription, how many kneeling NFL players would suddenly become " Muslim" ?

I don't know if this post is serious or not. I'm assuming not.

That said, my parents escaped from East Germany in the 50's to gain the freedoms that they didn't have there. They left behind everything to be free. Friends, family and all worldly possessions.

I visited my extended family in East Germany numerous times and was aghast to see what it's like for people who have no freedoms.

Being able to protest against an a-hole president is something that all Americans should be proud of and hold dear, even if you don't agree with them.

1-why would you assume the post is not serious ?

2- so the protest is against a-hole president ? i thought it was against the cops who shoot african Americans for no reason

I edited my post, I meant to write offend.

And as the quote from Kap stated, the origins of the protest weren't to offend...it was Kap refusing to show pride in a flag. People chose to be offended.

If he really thought that this wouldnt be offensive then he is totally naive. Perhaps I overestimated his political accumin. Lol. But obviously numerous people ARE offended and I think he suspected that would be the case, despite what he wrote. If he chose a benign form of protest he just wouldnt get the attention he has. Edited by vincec