QB question for next year

And a lot of people out there want to use one of the pics next year on one of the quarterbacks that everybody's raving about but I'm not sure any of them will come out that we are looking at. I think everybody is missing Nathan Peterman I think coaches likes him and I think he'll Start next year I don't think not sure if they would use those draft picks on the quarterback. I know you have to keep drafting a quarterback until you get your franchise guy I just am not sure who's coming out in do you want to wait another year before he's ready to look at the quarterback for the Rams and the Eagles they're OK but they're not lighting the world on fire . So do use those pics to fix the O-line and add players around Peterman and add to the defense?

And a lot of people out there want to use one of the pics next year on one of the quarterbacks that everybody's raving about but I'm not sure any of them will come out that we are looking at. I think everybody is missing Nathan Peterman I think coaches likes him and I think he'll Start next year I don't think not sure if they would use those draft picks on the quarterback. I know you have to keep drafting a quarterback until you get your franchise guy I just am not sure who's coming out in do you want to wait another year before he's ready to look at the quarterback for the Rams and the Eagles they're OK but they're not lighting the world on fire . So do use those pics to fix the O-line and add players around Peterman and add to the defense?

No

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Dont put your eggs in the Peterman basket thinking hell be a franchise guy. Id draft a QB high even if he plays well this year. We also need to stop saying next year every year. If you keep waiting until next year to go after a QB then you never will. If you like a guy and think he can be your answer for the next decade then do whatever it takes to get him. Worry about filling other holes after youve got a QB.

Dont put your eggs in the Peterman basket thinking hell be a franchise guy. Id draft a QB high even if he plays well this year. We also need to stop saying next year every year. If you keep waiting until next year to go after a QB then you never will. If you like a guy and think he can be your answer for the next decade then do whatever it takes to get him. Worry about filling other holes after youve got a QB.

This

This times a million, right on man.

In my opinion even if Peterman lights it up in the games he plays this season they still need to add one of the top talented QBs in this draft. This way they have two fighting for the job winner take all and loser gets traded, my thoughts is Peterman will turn into trade bait considering the talent at QB in this draft but will be a very relyable backup till then.

It's a investment for picks for years later like NE does picking QBs even though they have a proven franchise worthy QB. Both being on rookie contracts opens up more money for FAs. They need to finally get a franchise worthy QB so we are set for many years to come for once, not this picking of other teams backup piles in hopes they have that one magical good enough for the playoffs season. Fans need that Kelly drafted again.

Peterman may very well get his opportunity later in the season if TT and the Bills fall apart. He will get his shot to show his wares and how his skill set fits the scheme. One thing is certain, he will be on the team next year and TT will not. The Bills will draft one of the blue chippers next draft. Who? Eh, who knows.

That QB will compete with Peterman for the opportunity to be the teams future hope at QB. Will they be able to get their man falling to them? Bills will most likely be in the 6th-10th pick. Depending on who picks in front of them, Darnold, Rosen and Allen may already be gone and if they desire one of those they will have to pony up. Dark horses like Mayfield, Jackson and Falk will most likely be available without a trade up.

Other positions are also in dire need of addressing.

LT: Glenn is falling apart and will never be healthy enough for a full season.

WR: Weakest group on the team.

LB: Humber, Alexander, Brown aren't gonna cut it.

I imagine they'll go QB with the first pick, and use a couple subsequent picks on oline depending on whether or not they trade up.

You cannot build around Peterman at this point. And nothing against him, but there is NOTHING he can do short of winning a Super Bowl that should cause the Bills to do anything but draft QB#1 next season.

I think any NFL team is better off if the players needed to get them to the next level are already on the roster. With that in mind, if McBeane decides that Taylor isn't the guy, hopefully Peterman will get enough time to show if he has NFL starting-quality skills.

Beyond that, the next question is how many assets will the Bills need to give up next year to draft their baby Jesus QB. If they need to make an RG3 type deal to get their guy, they'll continue to have a roster with major holes, and make the new QBs development even more difficult.

If they are in position to have their choice at QB naturally fall to them, then they'll have 5 more picks in the first three rounds and their #1 pick in 2019 to build the roster around their rookie QB.

Right now their WR, RT, and RG positions could use an upgrade, and if Glenn is breaking down, LT is also in the mix. In addition to that, Shady, Hughes, K. Williams, Alexander, Humber, Incognto, and Wood are all over 30 next season. So add RB, DE, DT, OLB, LG, and C to positions that will an need upgrade over the next two years.

The number of positions that will require an upgrade over the next couple of seasons is alarming. Add to that the need to develop a franchise QB, and the challenge grows.

Edited by Perry Turtle

Let's revisit this question after we see his first 4 or 5 starts this season.

No Peterman is a 5th rounf player for a reason.

Make the high investment in a QB already.

Worst case in a couple years you flip Peterman and start the QB flipping game that NE plays.

Edited by MAJBobby

I think Peterman may be pretty good.

But in the draft,

I'll be happy with...

Darnald

Rosen

Allen

Rudolph

Unless we finish outside a top 20 pick we should have a good chance at one of those guys.

I think Darnold and Rosen go top 5.

I like Allen. Yeah Wyoming is terrible but this kid may be the most physically gifted of all them. I want to see him have time to throw and also at Senior Bowl if he goes.

Mayfield (wildcard) 2nd Rd

Edited by 1WATKINS4