Doug Whaley Has a New Job

26CornerBlitz

@MatthewFairburn

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- Former Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley, who was fired by the team in April, has reportedly found work again.

Whaley, who had a 30-34 record in four seasons as the Bills' general manager, will be working for Impellia, according to Sports Business Daily. Impellia is a company that develops software and sensor technology that can be used for injury prevention and performance enhancement. Whaley will be a senior sports business advisor for the company.

"Right now, it's a short-term deal," Whaley told Sports Business Daily. "It's something to keep me busy, keep my mind engaged, keep me around the game, but not in the game."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather interesting who he works for given his public comment that humans weren't meant to play football.

That comment is why I don't see him getting a job in the NFL again. At least not a good one.

"Impellia is a company that develops software and sensor technology that can be used for injury prevention and performance enhancement."

Would that not mean he now has a job where he can make football easier for humans to play?

--

In other news, and possibly unrelated, but I've been wondering regarding sensor technology - how is that not used more often in NFL games? Unless I missed it, I don't think any of the footballs, pylons, or sidelines have them, but would that not make sense? Put a chip in the ball and chips in the pylons and you don't need to review whether the guy broke the plane because it can be mapped into 3D computer imaging. Maybe that's too much, but it seems like it could help get more calls/reviews correct.