Remember When? McD tries to tap McCoy as his OC

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Tolbert/DiMarco = Jamal Charles

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Let's see if Rico can adapt and get this offense rolling. I have my doubts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing how Mike McCoy is using Semien in Denver. He has that offense clicking with a QB who is worse than TT. So I'm getting tired of all of the Tyrod blame. TT is far from elite, but this piss poor offense is on Dennison so far. MCCoy devised an offense to work to Semien's strengths.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

Talent wise both offenses are a wash. Last year Denver looked bad on O and in comes McCoy and it's a new breath of life. If McD could have enticed McC to come here, we would be singing a different tune and marching toward the playoffs. Remember, Rico was a 2nd or 3rd choice for OC. To me, Rico is on par with Hackett. There is a reason he was demoted twice in Denver, never did anything in Houston and was a QB coach in Baltimore. We lost a lot not landing McCoy as OC.

I hate to see it, but if MCD wants to step it up, he starts looking for a new OC next year. Maybe we get our QB, maybe we don't, but there is worse offensive talent on half the AFC rosters. A better OC would go a long way to solving some problems.

Zay Jones = Sanders? No. Maybe some day, but not as of yet.

Let's compare O's

Tyrod > Semien

Shady > CJ Anderson

Oline is a wash

J Matthews < D Thomas

Zay = E Sanders

Holmes = Latimer

That's a pretty ridiculous statement.

What OC can look good when your QB does this on a ton of passing plays

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/909948976253800449

Ugh...that's painful to watch. If he could actually get it out on time, he could've hit Clay or Matthews in stride. Both of whom are tough runners after the catch.

We need to get those two the ball in the middle. Backs those LBs off and opens a little more space for Shady.

Ugh...that's painful to watch. If he could actually get it out on time, he could've hit Clay or Matthews in stride. Both of whom are tough runners after the catch.

We need to get those two the ball in the middle. Backs those LBs off and opens a little more space for Shady.

Yes even Zay it open immediate on the deeper slant. Just Tentaive Taylor refuses to throw these routes

What OC can look good when your QB does this on a ton of passing plays

https://twitter.com/yardsperpass/status/909948976253800449

Did he ever even look at that side of the field? Can't throw it where you can't see it. Not trying to be a TT apologist, just wondering where his progressions where. This isn't madden, you don't get to see every route develop at once.

Not trying to defend him. I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but still think he is a better option that Peterman.

I'm not a Dennison fan but Tyrod is every bit a part of the problem with our struggling O. If I'm McD, I put this on Dennison - tell him to find a way to put up at least 21 points a game each of the next 2 games or its obvious that he's the wrong choice for OC. If that means changing QBs that so be it, just do what you have to do or .... NEXT

Go Bills - Grow a pair and do what is needed to win, no excpetions or excuses.

Did he ever even look at that side of the field? Can't throw it where you can't see it. Not trying to be a TT apologist, just wondering where his progressions where. This isn't madden, you don't get to see every route develop at once.

Not trying to defend him. I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but still think he is a better option that Peterman.

Look at his helmat he is looking right at Zay and Matthews even cocks to throw but then chickens out. Does it really matter if he was looking to right top of screen both slants open there too.

We never get the top coordinators. When have we ever? We get the guys on the scrap heap after everyone else has already signed

:unsure: Is the answer when Schwartz came to Buffalo & then again when Frasier did? :unsure:

And it's going back a seriously long while but Marchibroda & Phillips were coordinators in Buffalo as well.

I agree Dennison was not the preferrable OC. Mike McCoy would be an awesome choice. And this offense's troubles are on Dennison. I saw how much this offense struggled in pre-season. I was hoping Dennison would unveil something that suits Tyrod's game much better, the way Roman did. Hasn't seen it. Dennison has a system. And his system QB is quick release fast processing guys like Trevor Siemian. Tom Brady. Jimmy G. Nate Peterman. Unless you have one of those, it will look like Bison Dung.

Edited by CanadianFan

What side? There's literally two receivers wide open simultaneously in the middle of the field. He was actually trying to run away from this pocket - and people say he's forced out of the pocket. He runs immediately after the first read and it doesn't matter whether the first read is open or not. It's almost like he's not even really looking to pass to the first read but fake it so he can just take off running.

I'm not so sure McCoy could " fix" the offense with Tyrod. It would be great if McCoy was here with Siemien , who is looking impressive. Would he work around Tyrods limitations like Roman did? I'd rather have McCoy as OC, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't do the same thing: basically say here TT, run my offense. If he did that the results would be the same. And I also think the Denver OL and WRs are superior to the Bills. Saying the talent is a wash is overrating the Bills players. I'd take Shady over the Denver RB, that's about it.

Truth be told: Trevor Siemian is a much better passer than Tyrod, and it's not even close.

This offseason there were some murmurs that the Bills would be interested in Siemian if Denver let him loose, there were also rumors of the Jets being interested. When these rumors were swirling I went back and rewatched 4 of his games from last year. I was impressed. He was a player that I really only heard negative things about and I came away pretty impressed with 2 of the most important aspects to a QB's game: 1- Accuracy, 2- Pocket Presence

He takes some awful sacks, but overall I'd much prefer him under center to Tyrod Taylor.