Crucial non-call

Coach55

I am not one to blame the refs for losses as there are always calls that go either way, but there was a crucial non-call on the final drive which really irritated me. On a 2nd and 8 with about 90 seconds left, Taylor hit McCoy with a 7 yard pass that set up a 3rd and 1 at the Panthers 41. On the tackle, there was a blatant face-mask which was not called. (McCoy's head was practically ripped off). This non-call was huge in 2 ways. First, we should have had the ball 1st and 10 on the 26. Second the clock would've stopped on the defensive penalty leaving us with 1:22. Instead, the next play ticked off at 1:06. This gets called, this whole drive could've played out differently.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not one to blame the refs for losses as there are always calls that go either way, but there was a crucial non-call on the final drive which really irritated me. On a 2nd and 8 with about 90 seconds left, Taylor hit McCoy with a 7 yard pass that set up a 3rd and 1 at the Panthers 41. On the tackle, there was a blatant face-mask which was not called. (McCoy's head was practically ripped off). This non-call was huge in 2 ways. First, we should have had the ball 1st and 10 on the 26. Second the clock would've stopped on the defensive penalty leaving us with 1:22. Instead, the next play ticked off at 1:06. This gets called, this whole drive could've played out differently.

I thought same thing, but they never showed replay. I will be interested in watching the all-22.

true but it shouldn't have come down to 1 final drive. we scored 3 freaking points. you can't leave the game in the refs hands

but it often does and these plays make a big difference....and why shouldn't a game come down to a final drive? It's like saying it shouldn't come down to a FG but that's what happens

but it often does and these plays make a big difference....and why shouldn't a game come down to a final drive? It's like saying it shouldn't come down to a FG but that's what happens

in yesterday's game it shouldn't have. only scored 3 points and 170 yards total offense? we deserved to lose regardless of the refs missing a call and Zay not making the catch

The call that really sealed our fate was the Offensive Pass Interference, IMO under those game circumstances that cal is almost never made.

I hate blaming refs for bad calls BUT it is part of the game, nature of the beast.

And yes I wall agree with other it shouldn't have come down to that but that is the nature of parity and the NFL, if that call is not made I think we would have probably won, we were on a real role, it took too much time to get all that yardage back.

Because there were many, many opportunities on offense in which we should have capitalized. When your defense only allows 9 points, even a bad offensive performance should be enough. But yesterday wasn't bad, it was unacceptably putrid.

in yesterday's game it shouldn't have. only scored 3 points and 170 yards total offense? we deserved to lose regardless of the refs missing a call and Zay not making the catch

I disagree. Our defense deserved to win. And if it was that one call from the refs that we needed them to make to put us in position, or the one outstanding catch we needed, well, that's what we needed and it is the officials job to call a blatant face mask in open field, especially when they are calling iffy offensive pass interference calls on the same drive.

It was an obvious penalty, but no flag. And the PI was egregious.

I hate when poor officiating has such huge ramifications on wins and losses, but just like the Zay drop, these are just individual plays. They did not cause the Bills to lose, they just "helped". The Bills terrible offense, and poor 3rd down defense for 2 quarters is what caused the loss. Better results from either of those facets of the game, and we wouldn't have to worry about a missed call, or a bad call, or a dropped pass. Those plays become magnified in hindsight, only because the team was reliant on those individual plays at that point in order to win.

true but it shouldn't have come down to 1 final drive. we scored 3 freaking points. you can't leave the game in the refs hands

Yeah but going back to the Jacksonville game a couple years back in London when we were hosed by a phantom PI call we never should have allowed them to be that close in that one yet a lot of people complained. Don't turn the ball over on three straight drives and Jacksonville isn't even in the game.