Crucial non-call

Coach55

I am not one to blame the refs for losses as there are always calls that go either way, but there was a crucial non-call on the final drive which really irritated me. On a 2nd and 8 with about 90 seconds left, Taylor hit McCoy with a 7 yard pass that set up a 3rd and 1 at the Panthers 41. On the tackle, there was a blatant face-mask which was not called. (McCoy's head was practically ripped off). This non-call was huge in 2 ways. First, we should have had the ball 1st and 10 on the 26. Second the clock would've stopped on the defensive penalty leaving us with 1:22. Instead, the next play ticked off at 1:06. This gets called, this whole drive could've played out differently.

We didnt play well enough to win on offense

Having said that I noticed that call and also felt the offensive pass int on our WR was iffy....by the definition of the penalty it was OPI.....but the refs hardly every call it

In a close defensive battle....it makes a difference

What?? Almost every NFL game comes down to one final drive....regardless of how many points are scored in the first 59 minutes!

Wow you guys are missing the point. The point is the offense did NOTHING the rest of the game then you expect it to all to come down to 1 play and they actually execute? Did you not watch the rest of the game where they didn't? That game was embarrassing for the offense and it's not because of 1 play

Wow you guys are missing the point. The point is the offense did NOTHING the rest of the game then you expect it to all to come down to 1 play and they actually execute? Did you not watch the rest of the game where they didn't? That game was embarrassing for the offense and it's not because of 1 play

Exactly...and the pendulum swings both ways as well. We can just as easily say that if Carolina doesn't miss an easy TD the previous series, then we're down 2 scores and that play doesn't matter.

And the Patriots did nothing for three quarters of the Super Bowl but are once again World Champions. It doesn't matter when you score, and much of football comes down to a chess match with your opponent, based off of what they are doing. Tyrod had the game in his hands in the fourth quarter and once again could not deliver. In the modern NFL....that is what the starting QB is paid to do.

After seeing the non-call in slow motion several times, it was a pretty blatant miss by one or more officials...the linebacker used the facemask to bring Shady down and it should have resulted in the ball being at the 25, first and ten with the clock stopped.

I don't get the arguments about it shouldn't come down to this...the game was on the line in the final two minutes. This is what happens often in football. Yes, a complete game for the 58 minutes would have negated the need, but it didn't happen. The Bills had a chance to win and one play can change the dynamic of the game...this would have changed the play calling in the final minute, with two timeouts.

I'm also tired of hearing about Zay's "drop." This was certainly not a Ronnie Harmon-like play. It would have been a great play for him to come down with the ball...it was hardly a "drop."