Late night reflections

Buffalo716

It was a tough game... But football is a game for tough people. The first half wasn't pretty at all offensively. They got absolutely no push in the run game and Jordan Mills was a turnstile in the pass game. Allowing Peppers in the backfield all day.

Rough play calling was also the norm in the first half. What happened to opening TT up??? I hope this is an anomaly because it was JV esque. The other team knows you're running it on first down... So run a quick PA or a backside screen. Dennison HAS to be better. The first few drives were very rough

Football is a team game. I've always believed and preached that. It never comes down to one play. Football is a 60 minute game and you play it through the final whistle every play. Some times the first half stinks.. you regroup and have a fantastic second half hopefully. I'm also not a believer of singling out a guy just because he played bad. I've been on that side before, and you need your teammates to have your back. That's the family part of football. It's a long season

Big props to the defense. Backs against the wall all day, and they never broke. The kept fighting, clawing and scraping by play after play. Shaq Lawson had his best day as a pro. Good for you young fella! Keep building on that

Fantastic Defensive performance from the front 4 and the Defense as a whole. After adjustments in the second half they were flying Around and I appreciate that they played all 4 quarters even with no offensive scoring and having bad field position all day

TT and the line have to play a lot better next week if we are gonna have a chance.

Go Bills

Billieve

Edited by Buffalo716

In these types of games, TT needs to stop hesitating and give his WRs a chance to make a play. Put it where only his guy can get it and see what happens. You have to do it or else you get stuck at 3 points...

They couldn't establish anything on offense. Without running success, you're not going to fool anyone with PA. There were a few screens that were relatively unsuccessful, as well.

Prior to the game, many pointed out that Tyrod needed to attack the boundaries. Carolina CBs are clearly the weak point of their defense. But they didn't do that until the end of the game.

In these types of games, TT needs to stop hesitating and give his WRs a chance to make a play. Put it where only his guy can get it and see what happens. You have to do it or else you get stuck at 3 points...

They couldn't establish anything on offense. Without running success, you're not going to fool anyone with PA. There were a few screens that were relatively unsuccessful, as well.

Prior to the game, many pointed out that Tyrod needed to attack the boundaries. Carolina CBs are clearly the weak point of their defense. But they didn't do that until the end of the game.

Well I could have said that and a million other negatives about TT but I don't want to harp on him and his game. I don't believe he is the QB of the future and I just don't want to talk about him right now

So I went with the playcalling. If he was more creative the first two drives PA definitely could've worked.

Obviously in the 3rd not so much

The one play that really frustrated me with Tyrod was during the first drive of the 3rd quarter. The Bills get past midfield and face a 3rd & 1 play. Tyrod rolls out and passes to Patrick Dimarco, who cannot hold onto the pass. What drove me crazy about that play, was that Tyrod had the edge, and if he had tucked the ball in and ran with it, he would have had the first down. I don't know why he didn't do that.

Another frustrating offensive play for me was during the last drive. After the bogus pass interference call on Andre Holmes, the Bills faced a 1st & 20 play. Tyrod scrambles for a short gain, bringing up 2nd & 16. At that point we should have called a time out, saved some game clock and drawn up a play. Instead we let the clock run and Tyrod throws a low percentage deep pass to the end zone that was out of bounds. That brought up 3rd & 16, and a lot less time on the clock. I put that on McDermott. We needed all the time on the clock that we could get. The offense had struggled all game and was finally putting a big drive together. They needed to be as methodical as they could, and yet they got into a big rush and cost us a lot of time. That was a big mistake.

Late night reflectuon:

This defense plays with heart although I'm not a big fan of the zone. Poyer is amazing. They are going to keep us in games which may hurt our draft position. The Tyrod era ended for me today. But on the other hand keeping him in may help our draft position. Mills is absolutely embarrassing. Our wr corp is very mediocre which will need to be upgraded. Hauscka almost missed another.

Can we ever have a coaching staff that knows how to intelligently manage the clock?

Honestly I think TT is has the biggest disparity in the NFL between what he is when we have a running game and what he is when we don't. When we are running the ball, Tyrod is pretty good. When we aren't, he is the worst QB in the NFL. He looks clueless and terrible. Holds the ball too long, can't pull the trigger, can't hit receivers in stride.

We can't win with a QB like this long term...the QB HAS to be able to win games for you when the running game isn't working well at times and Tyrod simply cannot.

The one play that really frustrated me with Tyrod was during the first drive of the 3rd quarter. The Bills get past midfield and face a 3rd & 1 play. Tyrod rolls out and passes to Patrick Dimarco, who cannot hold onto the pass. What drove me crazy about that play, was that Tyrod had the edge, and if he had tucked the ball in and ran with it, he would have had the first down. I don't know why he didn't do that.

Another frustrating offensive play for me was during the last drive. After the bogus pass interference call on Andre Holmes, the Bills faced a 1st & 20 play. Tyrod scrambles for a short gain, bringing up 2nd & 16. At that point we should have called a time out, saved some game clock and drawn up a play. Instead we let the clock run and Tyrod throws a low percentage deep pass to the end zone that was out of bounds. That brought up 3rd & 16, and a lot less time on the clock. I put that on McDermott. We needed all the time on the clock that we could get. The offense had struggled all game and was finally putting a big drive together. They needed to be as methodical as they could, and yet they got into a big rush and cost us a lot of time. That was a big mistake.

I think he was trying to be a "quarterback". A little too hard. He is what he is...use what you got! Not sure if that was coached into him?

I know exactly what play you are talking about in that 3rd and 1. He has been running his whole career and had the edge... Just run for the first my man

Honestly I think TT is has the biggest disparity in the NFL between what he is when we have a running game and what he is when we don't. When we are running the ball, Tyrod is pretty good. When we aren't, he is the worst QB in the NFL. He looks clueless and terrible. Holds the ball too long, can't pull the trigger, can't hit receivers in stride.

We can't win with a QB like this long term...the QB HAS to be able to win games for you when the running game isn't working well at times and Tyrod simply cannot.

this seems right on

I know exactly what play you are talking about in that 3rd and 1. He has been running his whole career and had the edge... Just run for the first my man

ya i dont think dimarco was even expecting it at the end cause he thought tyrod was just gonna run and get the first

It was a tough game... But football is a game for tough people. The first half wasn't pretty at all offensively. They got absolutely no push in the run game and Jordan Mills was a turnstile in the pass game. Allowing Peppers in the backfield all day.

Rough play calling was also the norm in the first half. What happened to opening TT up??? I hope this is an anomaly because it was JV esque. The other team knows you're running it on first down... So run a quick PA or a backside screen. Dennison HAS to be better. The first few drives were very rough

Football is a team game. I've always believed and preached that. It never comes down to one play. Football is a 60 minute game and you play it through the final whistle every play. Some times the first half stinks.. you regroup and have a fantastic second half hopefully. I'm also not a believer of singling out a guy just because he played bad. I've been on that side before, and you need your teammates to have your back. That's the family part of football. It's a long season

Big props to the defense. Backs against the wall all day, and they never broke. The kept fighting, clawing and scraping by play after play. Shaq Lawson had his best day as a pro. Good for you young fella! Keep building on that

Fantastic Defensive performance from the front 4 and the Defense as a whole. After adjustments in the second half they were flying Around and I appreciate that they played all 4 quarters even with no offensive scoring and having bad field position all day

TT and the line have to play a lot better next week if we are gonna have a chance.

Go Bills

Billieve

Man I was hoping this is the week we unleash T Taylor ,

Yes poyer is awesome.

I agree Matthews can ball.

I don't think the wide outs in Zay, Andre, and Matthews are that bad.

They got some height and arm span to them. Any good QB could work with them.

And as the majority of us know by now: Tyrod is a running back playing QB.

Also.. i would like to see nick O'Leary out on more plays. He reminds me of a more bad ass Jason Witten.

And as the majority of us know by now: Tyrod is a running back playing QB.

Also.. i would like to see nick O'Leary out on more plays. He reminds me of a more bad ass Jason Witten.

Your first statement is stupid and you claim it daily so I'll leave that alone.

The second one, comparing OLeary to Witten makes me glad I didn't touch your first statement.

Fair enough. That being said, our WR had a chance to make a play at the end of the game, and dropped the ball.