Most alarming is McDermott

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott coached his butt off and our team played great. Can't believe people are shocked we couldn't move the ball against that D in their house. We are a work in progress, but full of promise.

Maybe most of the posters here are instant gratification millennials.

They should be proud the Bills got their participation trophy today and stop whining.

McDermott coached his butt off and our team played great. Can't believe people are shocked we couldn't move the ball against that D in their house. We are a work in progress, but full of promise.

We're the 2nd oldest team in the league. We shouldn't be a work in progress. Clock management isn't the only worrisome thing about the new coach or GM.

We knew/know this is what Tyrod is. We knew this wasn't going to be a good offense.

But I think we were hoping we finally had a coach that could manage the game properly. Clock management by McDermott was absolutely embarrassing. And I don't want to hear about how he's a rookie head coach, he's been around this game. He himself said he's been preparing for this for a long time.

It's a tough reality to face that we have yet another head coach who has no idea how to manage the game.

I see only Jones gets a pass today for being a rookie? i know Jones is brand new to football........

If they make that play to Zay, they still have a TO and chances to score. This was not the worst time management we've seen and doesn't raise any red flags for me, yet.

I don't know what the most concerning thing is, actually...

Maybe that makes it time management by default...

They lost about 15 secs in not calling timeout after one play (Tyrod scramble?). If there was more time on the clock, they wouldn't have had to go for broke on the last play instead of just getting a first down.

The clock management to end the 1st half was also puzzling. They let time run off, then called a timeout after 2nd down, then called another after 3rd down to force Carolina to punt to get the ball back. Then they call a run to run out the clock? Why did they bother? Did McD just want to use up his 1st half timeouts? Were they just trying to block the punt, which they had come close to a couple of times?

So, critiques of games must be confined to only those things that actually "lost" the game for us? Bullschit. McD made two glaring clock management mistakes and looked confused doing so and that's an important thing to look at moving forward. It's just too important an aspect of the game to not hold him accountable for.

This was a piss poor display by the coaching staff. Reminds me of the Rex days as far as clock management goes. The team did play some disciplined football today though and the defense was lights out. Hopefully they can correct the easy things.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

He was smart enough to have time outs available with 2 min. left, but dumb enough to not know when to use them. With 43 seconds he should have used that 1st time out and didn't? What if Zay makes that circus catch from the crap TT throw. We have only time for 1 play. For some reason I felt Sean McDermott would be a better time management head coach but apparently he's got a ways to go.