I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Tyrod reminds them of Donavan McNabb? Solid athletes better known as running QBs. Not bad QBs just not someone you would want with the ball in their hands to win the game

i just think that tyrod's strengths lie more in scrambling, improvising, and throwing vertically. this offense seems to be predicated on timing, anticipation, and quick decisions. it just doesn't seem like they line up. i know that injuries and changes in personnel have also effected taylor, but it just doesn't seem like the right fit. but, i am open to being wrong.

Does anyone else think Tyrod reminds them of Donavan McNabb? Solid athletes better known as running QBs. Not bad QBs just not someone you would want with the ball in their hands to win the game

Not even close

Mcnabb was the second overall pick in the nfl draft. His arm was much better

McNabb was a better QB than TT....By a lot IMO.....he could lead his receivers .....read the middle...and, like TT, had a nice long ball.....

McNabb was a better QB than TT....By a lot IMO.....he could lead his receivers .....read the middle...and, like TT, had a nice long ball.....

McNabb is in the HOF discussion. Tyrod has been a starter for 2 years and will likely go back to being a backup. They don't have a hell of a lot in common and nothing about Tyrod reminds me of McNabb.

Weird take, he was pretty clearly very negative in that film breakdown.

Nate Geary often sees the same as me on Tyrod. I think Erik from Cover 1 is generally a bit more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt and tends to see things a little more positively. The great thing about Cover 1 is there is room for different opinions. It is what makes it better than a lot of other fan driven content sites.

McNabb is in the HOF discussion. Tyrod has been a starter for 2 years and will likely go back to being a backup. They don't have a hell of a lot in common and nothing about Tyrod reminds me of McNabb.

I agree they don't compare but McNab to me doesn't come close to being a HOF guy.

I agree they don't compare but McNab to me doesn't come close to being a HOF guy.

He never stands out as someone most say, "oh, hell, yes! Definitely in the HOF." And that includes me.

However ... he has better stats than some current HOF ... one being Jim Kelly.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/9/17/4731998/donovan-mcnabb-compare-hall-of-fame-quarterbacks

He never stands out as someone most say, "oh, hell, yes! Definitely in the HOF." And that includes me.

However ... he has better stats than some current HOF ... one being Jim Kelly.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/9/17/4731998/donovan-mcnabb-compare-hall-of-fame-quarterbacks

Stats are not the most important thing for HOF recognition. Look at Namath.

Consider the Defenses yet to be played: Denver, Atlanta is pretty good and in some ways underrated more by reputation, Cicinnatti's issues are Offensive - they're Defense has been very good so far, Tampa is a beast - really one of the best in the league now, Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins twice...then add in Patsies who use their Offense as Defense, and that is one hell of a tough road to go for Tyrod who is NOT good enough to carry the Offense. Sorry, but enough with the apologies for his QB play.

does he get hit so hard this year during one of his non-pressure panic-runs that he spends two weeks sitting on the floor rocking back and forth going "eeeeeee.......eeeeeeeeeeeee.....eeeeeeeeeeeeee"

No, his QB play is so rancid, he won't be asked to return. McBean and Sean will get their guy in the 2018 draft.