Don't worry about Marcell Dareus' playing time. He's not.

SaviorPeterman

seems to be the norm for some around here. nothing better to do but bash/disrespect a player or worry about his money. it say's a lot about said persons that do so. you know, since they're so much better of a person and feel it's their obligation to bash/disrespect or worry about their bank accounts.

Around here you bash the good players that have talent and praise the average players.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the title of the article from Rochester D&C hence the thread title.

And why would Dareus care if he plays 50% of the snaps each game when's he's collecting a ridiculous payday and don't have to give max effort?

Yeah that would be true if you had a shred of evidence that it was, but you don't.

I have no idea what his true thoughts are but he answered the question that he's ok with the rotation and will believe in the coaches that they want players fresh during the game, in the 4th quarter and end of season.

Could it be that he's just fine and is calculating his per snap pay? Ok, sure. Could it be and more likely that he's a player returning from injury and they wanted to work him in within the rotational philosophy?

Edited by White Linen

You don't pay a DT a $100 million to be JAG who plugs up the middle of the line. He was paid that money to be an IMPACT player. If he cannot be that player, or they don't want to put him on the field enough to be that player, then his future as a Bill is probably done by the end of the 2018 season....when his dead cap hit drops significantly.

You don't pay a DT a $100 million to be JAG who plugs up the middle of the line. He was paid that money to be an IMPACT player. If he cannot be that player, or they don't want to put him on the field enough to be that player, then his future as a Bill is probably done by the end of the 2018 season....when his dead cap hit drops significantly.

Dareus may be an idiot but he's far from JAG. No JAG is taking on double teams like he did Sunday.

It makes sense if you remember that sports writers like Carucci will forever question how an overweight, undisciplined, spoiled athlete earns millions of dollars while Carucci is heating up his Top Ramen for lunch in the office microwave to break up his 14-hour workday.

Judging by Vic's manboobs and gut he's eating more than Top Ramen.

It's the title of the article from Rochester D&C hence the thread title.

And why would Dareus care if he plays 50% of the snaps each game when's he's collecting a ridiculous payday and don't have to give max effort?

If he's only playing 50% of downs, that enables him to give max effort on each play! He can go all out and not have to worry about conserving energy, as he knows he won't be in for every snap. This could actually help his productivity.

Have you been secretly crowdfunding Bills players again? I wanna know who is paying these guys.

In the long history of people expressing opinions about professional athletes, the one argument that never made sense to me is the issue of what they are being paid.

What should the average fan care about how much he's being paid? There's not a person on this board who would turn down a chance in their chosen profession to make $100M to work 50% of the time.

But heaven forbid an athlete does it. That's just not right. :lol:

In the long history of people expressing opinions about professional athletes, the one argument that never made sense to me is the issue of what they are being paid.

What should the average fan care about how much he's being paid? There's not a person on this board who would turn down a chance in their chosen profession to make $100M to work 50% of the time.

this guy gets it.

If people knew how much Scott paid me to post here (typically only 50% of my work day), they'd be PISSED! :beer:

Why do I care how much any one player is being paid? Well...just a hunch on my part, but there is this thing called the salary cap, and when you give a big chunk of those cap dollars to an under-performing/under-utilized player, that more or less is going to hurt the team in terms of being able to sign someone else who might be more productive.

Marcell is a Bill people and we need him.

We have no other DTs on our roster who can command a double every play. Kyle is phenomenal and truly a great Bill but he wins by his smarts and quickness. He doesn't get doubled every single play anymore like he used to so we need Marcell to take both blockers so Kyle can destroy his matchup 1 on 1

We can always use more pass rushing from Marcell, but let's fix the run defense first. Marcell with a lot of energy because he is only playing 55% of the snaps makes us very dangerous on 1st and 2nd down allowing us to get to 3rd and long

I'm not running one of our last all pros out of town

Why do I care how much any one player is being paid? Well...just a hunch on my part, but there is this thing called the salary cap, and when you give a big chunk of those cap dollars to an under-performing/under-utilized player, that more or less is going to hurt the team in terms of being able to sign someone else who might be more productive.

Which has nothing to do with how much playing time Marcel Dareus is getting, and in fact has nothing to do with Marcel Dareus at all.

But we can ignore that and you can tell me the name of the more productive player we weren't able to sign because of Dareus.

Darius seems to be checked out, but is still a beast if only playing at 75% of potential. I understand the D Line rotation to an extent but having all 2nd string guys in on 3rd down situations seems foolish to me and. Dareus is clearly frustrated and doesn't seem to mesh with coaching staff.