Don't worry about Marcell Dareus' playing time. He's not.

SaviorPeterman

If he complained about his playing time, the haters would be up in arms for that

Your right. Given his lack of effort it would ludicrous for him to complain about playing time. I wouldnt sweat it though. The only thing Marcell is worried about getting more of is that fine mexicalli bud.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can tell you exactly where he struggles.

When he gets uncomfortable in the pocket he starts shying away from contact in the pocket which leaves his mechanics off and his throw inaccurate.

Rattle him and he loses his mechanics

No kidding? I bet his receivers won't do well if we use our defenders to catch the ball first too! Now we are on to some unthought of ideas.

beyond the obvious that effects every qb though, and in this case as a 250 lbs tank of a human being effects him less than most, he doesn't have many obvious holes unless he gets lazy.

No kidding? I bet his receivers won't do well if we use our defenders to catch the ball first too! Now we are on to some unthought of ideas.

beyond the obvious that effects every qb though, and in this case as a 250 lbs tank of a human being effects him less than most, he doesn't have many obvious holes unless he gets lazy.

Well not every QB loses their mechanics when rattled even though most do.

But newton is definitely in that category. He loses his accuracy and mechanics when he is flustered.

But your right he doesn't have many flaws

Edited by Buffalo716

Well not every QB loses their mechanics when rattled even though most do.

But newton is definitely in that category. He loses his accuracy and mechanics when he is flustered.

But your right he doesn't have many flaws

My smarmy jokes aside, it's the textbook for every qb. Which one doesn't get effected by well designed pressure, hits and a muddled pocket with traffic around their feet?

Not sure if you've seen him in person but cam is a specimen and you really have to hit him solidly- otherwise you are bouncing off and he is off to the races but still has a cannon even when running. The flip side is he will throw a 5 yard drop off his back foot even with no pressure and have it sail.

I think the poster was looking for "force him to throw deep" or across the middle or zone coverage or... but I don't think there's much to say other than you have to be aggressive but maintain discipline and hope for some good luck

My smarmy jokes aside, it's the textbook for every qb. Which one doesn't get effected by well designed pressure, hits and a muddled pocket with traffic around their feet?

Not sure if you've seen him in person but cam is a specimen and you really have to hit him solidly- otherwise you are bouncing off and he is off to the races but still has a cannon even when running. The flip side is he will throw a 5 yard drop off his back foot even with no pressure and have it sail.

I think the poster was looking for "force him to throw deep" or across the middle or zone coverage or... but I don't think there's much to say other than you have to be aggressive but maintain discipline and hope for some good luck

Yes I've seen cam plenty and I know he's imposing. You need to hit him hard to bring him down for sure. He's a young stud

That's why to beat him you need to mentally scramble him and make his mechanics go south.

As for a QB who is generally mentally unshakable in his mechanics , one off the top of my head is Drew Brees. He can have bad days but it's not because he loses his mechanics when flustered

How could you watch football for as long as you have and not know about the salary cap?

I know about the salary cap. It's that other part of the game over which I have no control.

Let me make it simple for anyone who who stresses or obsesses over the minutia of a football team or game: when it comes to this game, you have control over one thing...watch or don't watch.

That's it.

Try to enjoy it more.

Edited by LABillzFan

Marcell will not stop being late and stop being immature when the team starts winning. If 100 mil didnt motivate him, i doubt wins will.

And when will the Bills start winning? It's likely Dareus and most of the players currently on the roster will be long gone before that happens.

I know about the salary cap. It's that other part of the game over which I have no control.

Let me make it simple for anyone who who stresses or obsesses over the minutia of a football team or game: when it comes to this game, you have control over one thing...watch or don't watch.

That's it.

Try to enjoy it more.

What if that's what you enjoy? What if you enjoy the minutia of team-building, the intricacies of watching teams maneuver over a 5 year period to maximize compensatory draft picks, cap space and rookie deals in order to open a Super Bowl window?

Don't watch?

I've never seen a poster with such cognitive dissonance. Who spends half of their TBD time discussing and complaining on PPP, where you've complained FOR YEARS, even when you admit that you can't do anything, but discussing and complaining about football is a waste.

We have a word for that, I think.

But to drive my point home; if you don't like folks discussing Dareus' contract? Don't read it.

Edited by jmc12290

What if that's what you enjoy? What if you enjoy the minutia of team-building, the intricacies of watching teams maneuver over a 5 year period to maximize compensatory draft picks, cap space and rookie deals in order to open a Super Bowl window?

Don't watch?

Of course not. If that's what you enjoy, then by all means enjoy it. But if by "enjoy" you mean whine and moan about it all time, then we have different ideas of what "enjoy" means.

I've never seen a poster with such cognitive dissonance. Who spends half of their TBD time discussing and complaining on PPP, where you've complained FOR YEARS, even when you admit that you can't do anything, but discussing and complaining about football is a waste.

We have a word for that, I think.

Yeah, the words are WTF are you yapping about? There is a distinct difference between a football team and game, over which I have NO control beyond 'watch' or 'don't watch,' and politics, over which I do have control. Not sure why you got your romper all twisted up about this.

But to drive my point home; if you don't like folks discussing Dareus' contract? Don't read it.

I don't have a problem with people discussing his contract. What I was pointing out is the error made by people who argue that the number of snaps he plays should be based on the size of his contract. You don't put the highest paid players on the field in any situation unless they give you the best chance to WIN that situation. If you think he's paid too much, fine. But who is responsible for paying him too much? Hint: It's not Dareus.

Edited by LABillzFan

Of course not. If that's what you enjoy, then by all means enjoy it. But if by "enjoy" you mean whine and moan about it all time, then we have different ideas of what "enjoy" means.

Yeah, the words are WTF are you yapping about? There is a distinct difference between a football team and game, over which I have NO control beyond 'watch' or 'don't watch,' and politics, over which I do have control. Not sure why you got your romper all twisted up about this.

I don't have a problem with people discussing his contract. What I was pointing out is the error made by people who argue that the number of snaps he plays should be based on the size of his contract. You don't put the highest paid players on the field in any situation unless they give you the best chance to WIN that situation. If you think he's paid too much, fine. But who is responsible for paying him too much? Hint: It's not Dareus.

Oh really, Mr. "Boo Hoo I live in California so my vote doesn't count?"

Your profile picture is so friggin' apt it's absurd. You and Timmah are two peas in a sanctimonious, hypocritical pod.

Oh really, Mr. "Boo Hoo I live in California so my vote doesn't count?"

Your profile picture is so friggin' apt it's absurd. You and Timmah are two peas in a sanctimonious, hypocritical pod.

Sheesh, someone really has a bug in his manbun.

Can you do us all a favor and keep this kind of quality attack on PPP? Meet me over there and we can take up my position on California voting all day.

But no one wants you wasting bandwidth on it over here.

I feel like this story is over stating the snap count. In todays NFL most effective defenses platoon lineman. Benefit is late in the game your best players will be fresher than the O lineman. The plays that determine the game, the ones Buffalo has given up that last 17 years hopefully will be made.

Edited by Mat68