Mnf saints v Vikings

NoSaint

This just shows that you need more than just a good QB to win. Saints have a hall of fame QB and will probably miss the playoffs once again

True and I'd call Brees as an elite QB rather than simply good, but the fact still remains you need a franchise QB to have sustained success in this league.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True and I'd call Brees as an elite QB rather than simply good, but the fact still remains you need a franchise QB to have sustained success in this league.

Elite is right. Hall of fame lock. No doubter. His career numbers are almost like a video game. But hey, at least he got that 1, unlike Marino...or Kelly. :cry:

What does analytics say about being in scoring territory three previous times without getting in?

Doesn't matter. Their only chance to win was to score a TD there. Minnesota with the ball, up 14 with 8 minutes left spells game over. "Extending the game" is meaningless.

Talk to the SB winning coach. Maybe he'll take your collective analytics' advice next time.

Sean's not done well by the numbers for several years. I'd venture you can count him as high as nearly any reason drew isn't seeing more wins. He's terribly inconsistent the last several years.

Sean's not done well by the numbers for several years. I'd venture you can count him as high as nearly any reason drew isn't seeing more wins. He's terribly inconsistent the last several years.

Their free agent player acquisitions and cap management have been horrendous in recent years as evidenced by one Mr. Byrd as you know I'm sure.

I'm just curious, but will these "garbage time" stats count for Brees? Or do they stop keeping stats after the 2nd quarter here?

I remember that being a very important point for Tyrod haters last season.

:nana::D:D

hey look! a really high throw for a WR in the end zone and it was caught! Was that a good pass or a bad pass by Brees? :thumbsup::w00t::D:D

Their free agent player acquisitions and cap management have been horrendous in recent years as evidenced by one Mr. Byrd as you know I'm sure.

I'm normally the one that gives the speech - and galette and Graham were even worse contracts for them.

That said, if you think Sean can't be questioned, you haven't watched him much since the super bowl season. He's wildly inconsistent. And yea, that's both on the field and in the front office.

I'm normally the one that gives the speech - and galette and Graham were even worse contracts for them.

That said, if you think Sean can't be questioned, you haven't watched him much since the super bowl season. He's wildly inconsistent. And yea, that's both on the field and in the front office.

He's certainly fallible like all coaches.

They weren't going to win either way as MIN is the superior team.

If they score a TD there, they have about a 5% chance. By kicking a FG he reduced that to under 1%. A good coach makes decisions that increase--not decrease--his team's chance of winning,

I got nothing! :lol:

Jokes aside- I think kromer coming back would be a serious impact, among a few other changes. Giving drew real protection while actually investing less in the unit would go a loooong way though. He was also a solid run game Coordinator. Instead they clung to joe "cant develop a single LB" vitt, a terrible special teams coach etc...

The real question mark though has to be is "post suspension, divorce, and drug allegations" Sean Peyton the same coach?

Jokes aside- I think kromer coming back would be a serious impact, among a few other changes. Giving drew real protection while actually investing less in the unit would go a loooong way though. He was also a solid run game Coordinator. Instead they clung to joe "cant develop a single LB" vitt, a terrible special teams coach etc...

The real question mark though has to be is "post suspension, divorce, and drug allegations" Sean Peyton the same coach?

Change of venue would likely do Payton some good.

It is crazy. Also don't forget, that includes games started by EJ. Drew Brees has played every single one of those games except for 1.

Their current run is crazy. I hope they leave some in the tank for October.

Tomorrow the Indians will try to win as many games in a row as the Browns have won total since 2011

Haven't read through this thread but Sean Payton's ego got the best of him late in the first half. It was absolutely ridiculous for him to use those timeouts after Bradford had just shredded his defense for a TD moments earlier. That decision put the Saints in a huge hole going into halftime. The correct play on the road was to be conservative.

Bradford looked really good, and Cook was excellent as the game wore on. The Vikings are a sneaky deep playoff pick, I believe.

I only just tuned in. Is something wrong with Brees? or is Minny's D starting like they started last year?

They seem to want to run the ball more this year with rotating 3 RBs....Brees has also lost some good receivers the last couple of years

Edited by nucci