Oh Marcell

billsfan_34

Disagree. Just look at our run stopping abilities. When a team is that dominant stopping the run its a sign that everyone in front 7 is playing good. Having a mix of elite player and bad players in front 7 means you wont be able to consistantly stop runs. You may get a fee big tackles for loss but when we consistantly stop the run like we did yesterday the entire front 7 played well. That includes Dareus. If Dareus was out of position or trying to be a "me" type player then the RB and especially a vet like Forte would find the hole. Stopping the run is a team game and Dareus and company played great.

While their wasnt much pressure (was some at beginning of the game) McDermott knew that thr Jets passing game wasnt gonna beat us so he made sure that thr backend didnt give up any big plays and made sure we stopped the run cause the only way the Jets could have beat us. He gave the Jets all the underneath throws.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will never see what could have been from this clown. He got his 50 million and is not a motivated individual. I think we all need to accept that and the Bills should move on as soon as the opportunity arises. Which could be at the end of next season.

I believe I agree with you. Man, matty, can you imagine if we had the same guy we had during his contract year? I am not saying I would be "optimistic" for this team's chances this year, but let's say I would be more optimistic than I am right now.

I am curious to see his snap counts as well. They will probably come out on Monday

Sal C was on the radio this morning and said Marcell only played 60% of the snaps, and that every DL we had played at least double digit snaps including the guy we just signed Cedric something (cant remember his name)

How many snaps did he have. I've only seen the first half and it looked like he wasn't on the field for much of it. Though the TV doesn't show everything.

I am curious to see his snap counts as well. They will probably come out on monday

I think you are onto something. If he played more, maybe he makes a bigger difference?

During the game I noticed and mentioned - Where the hell is Dareus? Why isn't he out there?

@SalSports

Bills rotated DL more than I've ever seen as a unit Sunday. Interesting snap stat counts in next tweet....

Bills DL snap counts of 58 plays Hughes 46 K. Williams 43 S. Lawson 37 Dareus 34 R. Davis 21 A. Washington 15 C. Thornton 13 E. Yarbrough 11

Edited by PolishDave

You stunk today! No effort, lazy, and pushed around to equal zero tackles. If anyone else zero'd in on him and saw otherwise please enlighten me. Im happy for the win, however, Dareus just doesnt want to play football.

And I'll add you to the list of people on a football message board that still doesn't understand football.

The coach said he played well and Cover 1 is now doing a thread of tweets on Twitter demonstrating Marcells control of the LOS being important to controlling the jets RBs.

Yeah he's a bum though...

Edited by Elite Poster

On the Jets TD, I saw Marcell pushed backwards three yards into the end zone. Really the only time I noticed him all day.

Then you don't know football, really don't know what to tell you. The only play you noticed was the one he got triple teamed? Lemme guess, you didn't notice all the plays Kyle got stuffed at the LOS throughout the first half though.

That's what cherry picking looks like. Can we talk about guys that actually need to step up, like Eric Wood and Clay?

Humber could have closed that gap a bit and help his Dline get an extra half a second. That was too easy.

Indeed. Little late in reading pass, got to understand that Tre's preoccupied by the WR in his zone.. It was a theme for a lot of the game, tons of really fast throws.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Then you don't know football, really don't know what to tell you. The only play you noticed was the one he got triple teamed? Lemme guess, you didn't notice all the plays Kyle got stuffed at the LOS throughout the first half though.

That's what cherry picking looks like. Can we talk about guys that actually need to step up, like Eric Wood and Clay?

I have no doubt that Marcel got double teamed...

but

That is what Elite players are supposed to do....take on double teams and win

Eric Wood? The guy who hustled after the INT and smacked the ballcarrier who wasn't down? The guy opening gaping holes for LeShady and Tolbert? He stepped up just fine.

Clay was the only guy on the field earning his paycheck less than Marcell Dareus. TD and a big reception, fine, but 3 drops by my count, including the INT, and a run play where he couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag. I get it, blocking is not his game, but he gets paid a lot of money and hasn't earned much of it in the last two years. I really wish we could financially afford to cut Clay and Dareus.