Bills vs. Jets Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Not all progressions, but it was easy to see which passes were available that weren't made.

Amazing the defensiveness of TT's play.

Pretty much every non-bills fan who has analyzed the game (ie, pff, nfl network) says he played well. Check out some of the other qb play today. Most of it was terrible. Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdamSchefter

Biggest surprises from Week 1 in the NFL: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x170910/2017-nfl-biggest-surprises-week-1

Buffalo Bills

The biggest surprise of the Bills' season-opening win over the Jets was the defense's ability to hold the Jets to 38 rushing yards. The biggest threat the Jets' offense posed were running backs Bilal Powell and Matt Forte. Buffalo bottled both up and instead put the game in Josh McCown's hands. After the Bills' defense allowed 10 opponents to gain 100 yards or more last season (and three over 200), Sunday's opener was a big change.

@YardsPerPass

In week 1, only 1 RB faced 8+ defenders in the box less than McCoy did. Because you know you gotta stop that Buffalo deep passing game

DJaNSKcXkAAXmL3.jpg

The Jets didn't play weak today. They did better than I expected.

Their D, even w/o Richardson, is still very good.

@AdamSchefter

Biggest surprises from Week 1 in the NFL: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x170910/2017-nfl-biggest-surprises-week-1

Buffalo Bills

The biggest surprise of the Bills' season-opening win over the Jets was the defense's ability to hold the Jets to 38 rushing yards. The biggest threat the Jets' offense posed were running backs Bilal Powell and Matt Forte. Buffalo bottled both up and instead put the game in Josh McCown's hands. After the Bills' defense allowed 10 opponents to gain 100 yards or more last season (and three over 200), Sunday's opener was a big change.

@YardsPerPass

In week 1, only 1 RB faced 8+ defenders in the box less than McCoy did. Because you know you gotta stop that Buffalo deep passing game

DJaNSKcXkAAXmL3.jpg

McCoy is a beast. If TT can improve hitting Matthews and Co. in the coming weeks, this offense can open up.

@SalSports

Here are my Arrows Up/Down and The Big Picture from the Bills opening day win over the Jets

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/capaccio-bills-jets-arrow-uparrow-down

@JoeBuscaglia

1-on-1 with #Bills head coach Sean McDermott... we talk Tyrod, Marcell Dareus, and his first win. Watch it here: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/1-on-1-with-bills-head-coach-sean-mcdermott-9_10_17-

The play calling was a bit vanilla, especially in the 2nd half, but i dont think that was because they were trying to hide their playbook from future teams. I think its more about trying to keep it simple for the 1st week, given all the changes we've had since last year. A whole new secondary, a whole new receiving corps. I think if they would've tried to open things up more & get 'creative', perhaps there would be missed assignments or penalties. I think starting things off slow & steady was the right move. Give the guys confidence & get the win.

Overall nothing too crazy to get excited about this week, but a wins a win & like Mickey D said in the press conference: 'We're building for the future"

Thats a good take. INsightful.

A bunch of callers complained Tyrod can't push the ball down the field and they want to see Peterman. You can't make this up.

Gross. Stupid. Fan INcompetence.

Edited by Marty McFly

The team looked OK but they most importantly got a win that they should have. Defense looked good, Jets never got a run game going and their passing game was shut down for long stretches of time. Offense was able to move the ball when it needed to only major gaffe was the early INT that was nearly a pick six, a mistake that would have cost the team the game against a better opponent most likely.

They needed to get this win to keep the season alive realistically. They got the win somewhat comfortably that's a good week in my book even if there were somethings you can nitpick and be legit concerned about.

It is the NFL, the bears and browns played tougher ATL and PIT then the Jets did against BUF. They left 2 scores on the field. In the 4th milked the clock and moved on. The jets have been planning for months to shut down our run game we ran for 179. Last year we got gashed by the run and lit up by the quick passing attack. The Bills handled both. Yes the Jets are not very good. But also buffalo handled them as such.

That TD play to Holmes was one of the better play calls I have seen in a long time.

Yep got him wide open, and no delay of game on offense penalties every play got IN on time.

Can you imagine how good the Bills defense would be if Dareus played to his potential?

I thought they had better play design in the passing game and not as good in the running game. I guess that was the idea, to balance things out in emphasis between run and pass.

Some of the running plays felt flat n somemcalls repetitive n unINspired

The team looked OK but they most importantly got a win that they should have. Defense looked good, Jets never got a run game going and their passing game was shut down for long stretches of time. Offense was able to move the ball when it needed to only major gaffe was the early INT that was nearly a pick six, a mistake that would have cost the team the game against a better opponent most likely.

They needed to get this win to keep the season alive realistically. They got the win somewhat comfortably that's a good week in my book even if there were somethings you can nitpick and be legit concerned about.

Right. Next week we have the INside track tho. Hope we develop a deep ball threat and soon, too many 8 plus jn the box plays are gonna wear Shady down

We need a kicker, never seen a ball look straight then hook so hard. Very strange!

Before this game he had current record for most FGs in a row. Give him a chance. Hopefully Coach McD did not ask Rex for pointers how to pep talk a kicker.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/11-quick-facts-about-the-Bills-heading-into-the-2017-season/8741779f-dc5e-4869-8087-1d0913fa0094

Yeah If he adds a little more weight we might have found a gem. He plays nasty I'm just a tad worride with his style of play he might not hold up, but a fantastic introduction to our new look safety group. Hyde played an excellent game as well, looking forward to a stiffer challenge next weekend against the panthers

Poyer was a mystery man and Bills got him for a song (four-year, $13 million contract). They have money for a backup if that is what it takes.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/10/bills-jets-jordan-poyer-game-ball-pff/

Alltime Field Goal percentage

Rank.............................................. Player............................................ FG%
1...................................................Justin Tucker...............................89.840%
2...................................................Dan Bailey...................................89.529%
3...................................................Steven Hauschka........................87.215%

Maybe we shouldn't over react just yet

Overreact is speciality here after torches.

Before this game he had kicked 19 consecutive games with a field goal.

Edited by Limeaid

Pretty much every non-bills fan who has analyzed the game (ie, pff, nfl network) says he played well. Check out some of the other qb play today. Most of it was terrible.

I think Tyrod did play well for the most part but I think he made the wrong read on the pick. If you look behind clay I believe zay has one on one in the back of the end zone going to the goal post. That defender was just sitting there waiting to light clay up.