Bills vs. Jets Postgame

26CornerBlitz

Again not trying to get too excited over beating the Jets .. but a win is a win .. and although I commented a lot earlier on playing Nate vs. Tyrod .. have to give credit where credit is due .. Tyrod ... played well yesterday. I am going to the game at Carolina ... hopefully the McDermott/Beane homecoming will keep us on top of the division ... but Carolina played well yesterday as well.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time that Buffalo was alone in first place in the AFC East was after week 2 of the 2014 season, when the Bills were 2-0 and the rest of the division was 1-1. Before that, the last time was week 3 of 2011, and other than a few weeks during 2008 (the year Miami won the division and Matt Cassel started 15 games for New England), the only other times since 2001 were after the first two weeks of the 2003 season.

http://www.footballperspective.com/look-who-is-alone-in-first-place-in-the-afc-east/

POYER: "IT WAS A GREAT TEAM WIN" (1:54)

Bills S Jordan Poyer spoke to the media following the team's win against the Jets. Poyer talked about his interception and what it was like playing in his first game as a Bill.

@SalSports

Bills rotated DL more than I've ever seen as a unit Sunday. Interesting snap stat counts in next tweet....

Bills DL snap counts of 58 plays Hughes 46 K. Williams 43 S. Lawson 37 Dareus 34 R. Davis 21 A. Washington 15 C. Thornton 13 E. Yarbrough 11

The Jest suck this/the Jets suck that/worst team in the League.. Blah blah blah! Most people here sound like a bunch of Jerry Sullivan worshippers..

They SWEPT us last season. Embarrassed us. Made us a Losing team.

We WON the game!

Jesus Christ!

Agree. It seems many can only live in a pure negative state. It is possible to enjoy a win and believe the year overall will be a challenge.

The Jest suck this/the Jets suck that/worst team in the League.. Blah blah blah! Most people here sound like a bunch of Jerry Sullivan worshippers..

We WON the game!

Jesus Christ!

I am getting to the point where I am only coming on here for information from a few posters. My posts have gone down and I swear there are those who only live for the end of the season. That is they can't wait for the self-fulfilling prophecy of the 2-14 season! If you can't enjoy the wins and the guys who played well you have lost complete perspective.

We WON the game!

Jesus Christ!

I was going to start a thread on this. People are downplaying a dominating win in the home opener against a division opponent? Gimme a break.

By the way, the jets are going to win some games this year, though whether they do or not isn't going to diminish my happiness over that victory.

NFL.com - Back at it: Takeaways from Sunday Week 1

Bills 21, Jets 12

1. The incentives recently added to LeSean McCoy's contract don't seem out of reach after watching how Buffalo's new-look offense operated on Sunday with new coordinator Rick Dennison. Like a more compact Steelers offense from 2016 (minus a legitimate every-down receiving threat) everything is flowing through the running back and even McCoy seems to have adjusted his game a little bit. McCoy's typically free-flowing style was more assertive and powerful on Sunday. Surprisingly enough, he was more apt to cut a run inside during the first half of Sunday's game than fullback/powerback Mike Tolbert, though Tolbert's line-busting role was eventually established later in the game. This is not going to be a top-five offense in terms of watchability this year, but there will be weeks when the Bills are going to be difficult to prepare for despite their lack of star power at the receiver spots. The focus on McCoy was most evident during Buffalo's third-quarter touchdown. Dennison put McCoy in at the goal line and ran a dive fake to the right side while sneaking receiver Andre Holmes across the line to the left. There wasn't a Jet within three yards of him. Easy score.

1a. Jordan Matthews (two catches, 61 yards) may end up being a more practical target for Tyrod Taylor this year. While the Bills could eventually look insane for giving up Sammy Watkins, Matthews twice showed a knack for settling on a route in the right place to give Taylor a hand.

2. The Jets are going to struggle this season; this was not a secret heading into the opener. Their offense is trying to maximize what little star power it has, but against Buffalo on Sunday looked devastatingly compact. Robby Anderson has the ability to stretch the field and there's a good chance former Seahawks wideout Jermaine Kearse develops into the only player capable of sniffing 1,000 yards this year. But...quarterback Josh McCown ended up with the kind of stat line we expected: High in completion percentage and attempts, but low in total yards and yards per attempt.

3. Just 13 rushing attempts between Matt Forte and Bilal Powell for the Jets today in a game where they were not seriously behind. Should they be able to develop an offense stable enough to play Christian Hackenberg at some point this season, those ratios need to seriously change. Hackenberg, by the way, was the Jets' No. 2 quarterback on Sunday. Will he remain the backup once Bryce Petty's knee strengthens?

Agree. It seems many can only live in a pure negative state. It is possible to enjoy a win and believe the year overall will be a challenge.

It's like no one has ever seen an NFL game before. Other teams miss throws or run for no yards or don't sack the QB while adding pressure. But when it's seen in a Bills game it's considered flaws. :doh:

I was going to start a thread on this. People are downplaying a dominating win in the home opener against a division opponent? Gimme a break.

By the way, the jets are going to win some games this year, though whether they do or not isn't going to diminish my happiness over that victory.

I didn't think the Jets sucked that bad. McCown actually made some terrific throws.

McDermott's first head coaching win like everything else, earned

mcdermott-9-11-story.jpg

Sean McDermott's first head coaching win was roundly applauded in Buffalo's locker room late Sunday afternoon. However, it was the mutual respect formed between a coach and his players in the last nine months that was most evident in victory.