Bills vs. Jets Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say don't force them to pass. What I said was GET PRESSURE on the QB when you do. He had all the time in the world on most of those attempts. .

He was getting the ball out in like 2.5 seconds almost every snap. Not much a DLine can do about that

Edited by CNY315

He was getting the ball out in like 2.5 seconds almost every snap. Not much a DLine can do about that

He is a decent smart passer.Not much to throw to and rough O line. limited of course , but decent manager for sure.

They pressured the heck out of him only got close with a 4 man, not quite for Jerry though , or Kyle.

I think Bills did a fine job forcing the pass. Was a good 1st game with mostly new moving parts. Played looking the the first game though. No crazy stuff, pretty much sound football tech.

Feet are wet now, even Dawkins got some.

Lets keep working on it.

That's right claim that **** man. Own it! :thumbsup:

well he was no Tom Savage or Scott Tolzien mind you !

He is a decent smart passer.Not much to throw to and rough O line. limited of course , but decent manager for sure.

They pressured the heck out of him only got close with a 4 man, not quite for Jerry though , or Kyle.

I think Bills did a fine job forcing the pass. Was a good 1st game with mostly new moving parts. Played looking the the first game though. No crazy stuff, pretty much sound football tech.

Feet are wet now, even Dawkins got some.

Lets keep working on it.

well he was no Tom Savage or Scott Tolzien mind you !

Thus the loose definition. It's all relative I suppose.

@JeremyWGR

Takeaways from the All-22 rewatch of every pass: Taylor played his standard game. WRs had a VERY tough time getting separation in man cvrg

Bills appeared to have more success against zone than man coverage. McCoy wins man matchups, the wideouts... not so much.

I'd love for Jeremy White to define what he considers the standard Taylor has to meet, then look at every other QB to see how many meet that standard. I'll bet few do.

I'd love for Jeremy White to define what he considers the standard Taylor has to meet, then look at every other QB to see how many meet that standard. I'll bet few do.

My guess of the standard is to make plays with his arm and not bail too soon to make plays with his legs.

My quick review of the All-22 confirmed what we saw at the stadium. There's still a pronounced hesitation to throw to a receiver who's not 100 open (even though the receiver would be in a good position to make the catch if the pass is thrown) and he still trusts his legs more than the arm when a play breaks down. That will work about 50% of the time for him, meaning Bills are resigned to a 8-8 record with him as a QB.

For sure. Just can't get sacks that way. And then people say they weren't getting pressure.

the commentators even mentioned it during the game. Stated the d line was Doing so well the jets had to go to a quick passing game. It will bring the pressure count down, but They forced the jets to be one dimensional.

That to me is brilliant. And after running through the Jets front line, bring on the panthers.

My guess of the standard is to make plays with his arm and not bail too soon to make plays with his legs.

My quick review of the All-22 confirmed what we saw at the stadium. There's still a pronounced hesitation to throw to a receiver who's not 100 open (even though the receiver would be in a good position to make the catch if the pass is thrown) and he still trusts his legs more than the arm when a play breaks down. That will work about 50% of the time for him, meaning Bills are resigned to a 8-8 record with him as a QB.

There is no question that Tyrod doesn't like to take risks, and needs to throw with more anticipation at times.

And this isn't directed at you, but I almost always think it is unfair for fans to criticize him or any quarterback by watching the game either live or on TV, even the all 22, and then say he had guys wide open all day and didn't make the throw without more information. You need to know the play call, maybe that was his fourth read so he wasn't even supposed to look at him, a lot of times the guy gets open BEFORE or AFTER the QB has made his look so he has already gone to his next read, or the receiver wasn't looking, often times the qb's sightline is way different and there's a defender in the path of the ball that the fan doesn't see which happens a lot, often times what looks wide open or just open from above is not nearly as open on the field depending on the angle, often times a QB will just take a five harder knowing it's a first down rather than going for the big play (I only mean down and distance can be a big decider on what pass is throw or look is given).

I'm not talking about Tyrod here but everyone. You're an astute fan. We have talked a lot and I know you know your football. But I think even watching games at the stadium or the all 22, gives a distorted view as much as a bird's eye view when it comes to this particular question.

Again, Tyrod is clearly not as good as the best quarterbacks in the league at locating receivers downfield. But I think it's almost impossible for any fan to know how many, if any, he really missed even if you're looking for that.

Did you get a good look at TT's interception on the all-22s?