Bills vs. Jets Postgame

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9-11: CHARLES CLAY ON WGR (9:44)

#Bills TE Charles Clay (@C42Clay) joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR!

Clay - I had a feeling going into the game that I would be a big part of the gameplan. Happy to go out and help the team get the W #Bills

Clay - it's big having the chemistry down with Tyrod. He knows where to find me, it can only be built on the field during games #Bills

Clay - once this coaching staff came in, they wanted me to shed some weight. Definitely feel better, more crisp. It helps me #Bills

Clay - I'm stronger now than I was when I was heavier. Still feel like I can hold my own, will continue to work to be better #Bills

Clay - if there is a crease anywhere, Shady will find it. He'll make it tough on defenses, he's a special talent. #Bills

Clay - it was awesome to get the win for Coach McDermott. Hopefully there will be many more to come #Bills

Glenn played almost 3/4s of the game

Bills LT Cordy Glenn was subbed out a few times during the course of Sunday’s game in an effort to keep him fresh after he missed most of the preseason. By game’s end he had still been on the field for a majority of the game.

Glenn got 56 of the offense’s 77 total snaps, good for 73 percent of the work. Rookie Dion Dawkins rotated in for him and got 21 snaps in his NFL debut, good for 27 percent of the workload.

Another full week of practice by Glenn should only improve his level of stamina and endurance more for the Week 2 matchup at Carolina.

the schopp and Bulldog post game is pathetic. These two fools babble and end up sounding like 2 drunk guys sitting at a bar.

Bulldog and the pass to the fulback...if he would have thrown it to someone faster he would have scored - are you kidding me?

Schopp only repeats numbers and percentages he's read off the internet. I guess the bar is that low when Howard Simon reads the sports page for his pregame show. Nate Geary, Sal Cappacio, Ryan Gates make me listen to that station. The morning and afternoon shows ugh pathetic

Live Link to McDermott's Monday Presser: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/BILLS-LIVE-Head-Coach-Sean-McDermotts-press-conference/7aa3c830-6e6c-41eb-8fb1-d363a3ae6cfb

@WGR550

#Bills head coach Sean McDermott will address the media shortly, and we'll carry his press conference live on WGR! http://v6.player.abacast.net/2103

the schopp and Bulldog post game is pathetic. These two fools babble and end up sounding like 2 drunk guys sitting at a bar.

Bulldog and the pass to the fulback...if he would have thrown it to someone faster he would have scored - are you kidding me?

Schopp only repeats numbers and percentages he's read off the internet. I guess the bar is that low when Howard Simon reads the sports page for his pregame show. Nate Geary, Sal Cappacio, Ryan Gates make me listen to that station. The morning and afternoon shows ugh pathetic

Two guys who still know nothing about football despite being sports talk hosts for decades. You could tell they didn't know what to say because the Bills looked too good to harp on them.

I have not read through all 13 pages of this thread, but have just a few observations.

1 - I expected the offense to struggle a bit and except for McCoy, they really did. There were a lot of big break plays, but not a lot of methodical movement of the ball down the field. Tyrod was just OK, but not great. I'm optimistic that he's looking for Clay more than probably the last two seasons combined. When the receivers are covered, Clay and O'Leary need to be outlets. The ball still has to come out faster, but the offense probably exceeded my expectations by some margin. Not huge, but by some.

2 - I expected the defense to be better. They clearly decided that they were not going to be beaten by the run game. 2.5 YPC for the collective Jets backs. 39 pass attempts from McCown concerns me a lot. I could be wrong, but believe that many attempts from Brady or any of the other good QB's in the league and the Bills get beat. I saw virtually no pressure from the front four. I didn't see the typical bone headed plays from the likes of Hughes, which is promising. I would again say that the defense under performed, but also by not that much.

Week one of the regular season usually doesn't tell us much of anything. There were a lot of teams that came out and competed where there was very little expectations they could win. The Bears were one dropped pass from beating the Falcons. The Browns only lost to the Steelers by 3. The Panthers looked pretty pedestrian against what's supposed to be a terrible 49ers team. The Jaguars even put on a show against what was supposed to be a stout Houston defense. I guess I'm surprised, but not shocked. The next couple of weeks will be a lot more telling in terms of what this team has and has not.

I have not read through all 13 pages of this thread, but have just a few observations.

1 - I expected the offense to struggle a bit and except for McCoy, they really did. There were a lot of big break plays, but not a lot of methodical movement of the ball down the field. Tyrod was just OK, but not great. I'm optimistic that he's looking for Clay more than probably the last two seasons combined. When the receivers are covered, Clay and O'Leary need to be outlets. The ball still has to come out faster, but the offense probably exceeded my expectations by some margin. Not huge, but by some.

2 - I expected the defense to be better. They clearly decided that they were not going to be beaten by the run game. 2.5 YPC for the collective Jets backs. 39 pass attempts from McCown concerns me a lot. I could be wrong, but believe that many attempts from Brady or any of the other good QB's in the league and the Bills get beat. I saw virtually no pressure from the front four. I didn't see the typical bone headed plays from the likes of Hughes, which is promising. I would again say that the defense under performed, but also by not that much.

Week one of the regular season usually doesn't tell us much of anything. There were a lot of teams that came out and competed where there was very little expectations they could win. The Bears were one dropped pass from beating the Falcons. The Browns only lost to the Steelers by 3. The Panthers looked pretty pedestrian against what's supposed to be a terrible 49ers team. The Jaguars even put on a show against what was supposed to be a stout Houston defense. I guess I'm surprised, but not shocked. The next couple of weeks will be a lot more telling in terms of what this team has and has not.

Sorry but I have to disagree with both of your points above. I thought they were far more methodical on offense, and in general if you can take away a team's entire running game and force them to become one-dimensional, you have a great shot of winning, regardless of the opponent. You'd have rather they didn't force Josh freakin' McCown to pass 40 times??

Sorry but I have to disagree with both of your points above. I thought they were far more methodical on offense, and in general if you can take away a team's entire running game and force them to become one-dimensional, you have a great shot of winning, regardless of the opponent. You'd have rather they didn't force Josh freakin' McCown to pass 40 times??

I didn't say don't force them to pass. What I said was GET PRESSURE on the QB when you do. He had all the time in the world on most of those attempts. Try to stay with the theme here. Quarterbacks this year that I don't want to have around 40 pass attempts with almost no pressure on them include: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, David Carr, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Tom Brady X2, and Andrew Luck (if he's back). They simply will not win those games if that's their approach.

As far as being methodical, I just cannot agree with you. There were some pretty big plays in each of the 3 TD drives. Converting on 3rd and 20 on one of them was highly unlikely. Looking at the rest of the body of work, we had 3 three and outs, a 4 and out, a 5 and out, a 6 and out and a 6 and missed FG. Lot's of possessions with little to no productivity. This, against a team that had the worst opening odds of winning a Superbowl in the history of the NFL.

I'm happy for the expected win against a team by basically the projected point margin. I see a lot of issues none the less when I take off my rose colored glasses.

McCown was pretty good, I thought. Made some nice throws. Just nothing long (because of the pass rush.)

The Jest suck this/the Jets suck that/worst team in the League.. Blah blah blah! Most people here sound like a bunch of Jerry Sullivan worshippers..

They SWEPT us last season. Embarrassed us. Made us a Losing team.

We WON the game!

Jesus Christ!

dolphins-jets-irma-09-10-17.jpg

I'm happy for the expected win against a team by basically the projected point margin. I see a lot of issues none the less when I take off my rose colored glasses.

Here is a rose which match your glasses.

black-rose-4-225x300.png

McCown was pretty good, I thought. Made some nice throws. Just nothing long (because of the pass rush.)

McCown was efficient in the short passing game, but as soon as they tried going mid to deep he couldn't do anything laregely thanks to our pass rush and secondary.

1 - I expected the offense to struggle a bit and except for McCoy, they really did. There were a lot of big break plays, but not a lot of methodical movement of the ball down the field.

Yeah...I'm going to have to disagree with this part.

5th in the league in yards per play this week despite playing overly-conservative and with predictable hand-offs for most of the 4th quarter.

McCoy is a great running back, but let's not overstate how valuable one running back is no matter how great. Without those massive holes, he doesn't have space to run for all of those yards.