Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right, TT was spectacular today, HOF worthy, what was I thinking saying he was ok today. Go pound sand!

...so what exactly was your legitimate expectation today with a new HC, new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes, new players and a QB coming back after being in concussion protocol?....just curious........

Bc they would rather be right. Ultimately they probably change their usernames and come back under a different persona bc the thousands of idiotic posts criticizing Player xyz cant be undone.

This.

He did well over the middle today. Something you said he couldn't do.

That was cool to see. Hope we really open up the passing offense next week.

The CBS crew postgame all said how TT is under rated. All of them.

Nick VeronicaVerified account @NickVeronica 6m6 minutes ago

More

Tyrod Taylor's 16-for-28 day included going 8-9 to the middle of the field. 19 targets to backs/TEs, 8 to WRs, 1 throwaway. #bills

Great points. This, I thought, was obvious.

It was the Jets, so it's not going to matter. But there are clearly lines drawn at this point. 2 lines and 3 different camps:

One Extreme: Taylor is no good. You're going to see the obvious ones in this camp along with the not-so-obvious in those folks who (in this thread, for example) posters are trying to mask their bias as they pin the faults of the WR on the QB or just completely disregard any discussion of WR faults at all. Disturbing how many are in this camp.

Middle: Most of us. We think Taylor's been good enough to warrant more playing time and, if he plays well enough, could prove to be our long term answer. We're able to consider circumstances with situation. Those of us here, which is most of us, thought Taylor was good or really good considering what he was given and asked to do. Those of us here also expected this to be a throwaway week and anticipated the excuses in the faction above regarding team played or not enough done on Taylor's part or whatever. So, onto next week...

Other Extreme: Taylor's an Elite or Amazing QB. They may exist. But there are very few of them.

So, largely, this dialogue on Taylor has been between variations of factions perceiving Taylor from one extreme and from the middle. And I think a lot of that's really coming out right now :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

A lot of times two guys are at fault. On the Int in end zone I thought it was a bad pass but he needs to catch it. It's a TD. Both guys at fault.

Oh man, it was freaking close enough despite not being 100 percent on target. Bottom line - that has to be caught.

It was the Jets, so it's not going to matter. But there are clearly lines drawn at this point. 2 lines and 3 different camps:

One Extreme: Taylor is no good. You're going to see the obvious ones in this camp along with the not-so-obvious in those folks who (in this thread, for example) posters are trying to mask their bias as they pin the faults of the WR on the QB or just completely disregard any discussion of WR faults at all. Disturbing how many are in this camp.

Middle: Most of us. We think Taylor's been good enough to warrant more playing time and, if he plays well enough, could prove to be our long term answer. We're able to consider circumstances with situation. Those of us here, which is most of us, thought Taylor was good or really good considering what he was given and asked to do. Those of us here also expected this to be a throwaway week and anticipated the excuses in the faction above regarding team played or not enough done on Taylor's part or whatever. So, onto next week...

Other Extreme: Taylor's an Elite or Amazing QB. They may exist. But there are very few of them.

So, largely, this dialogue on Taylor has been between variations of factions perceiving Taylor from one extreme and from the middle. And I think a lot of that's really coming out right now :flirt:

I don't category three actually exists. Maybe his family members, but they don't count.

yep. I agree.

I will wait and let you rewatch it. The throw was late and behind.

Clay could of done more, but TT needs to throw the ball at the end of his drop.

The Int is as much on TT as on clay.

An interception that hit the intended receiver in the hands is as much the QB's fault as the receivers? Take your blinders off, there is no way that is more Tyrod's fault. I don't see anyone other than you anywhere here or on Twitter that blames Tyrod for that pick.

You guys are making way too much over some simple throws short over the middle to wide open receivers.

Hardly surprising...

Are you trolling? Or do you just have an infatuation of hate for an individual? And I know you are rooting for bad games from the guy and for the Bills to lose. If peterman started, i would have rooted him on. that is what a fan does.

Most important thing today for TT: teams will have to defend the middle of the field more now. Unlike the past he used the middle of the field more.

Nothing he did today will change how team's defend him.

It's funny though how many wanted to defend how he didn't really throw that much less to the middle of the field and it didn't matter, but now are harping on it over some simple throws.

CoT

Let's see......completions to RB's and TE's don't count......and the yardage and first downs he picks up with his legs don't count either because a QB isn't SUPPOSED to use his legs to do that. What's next.....not count any completions outside the has marks?!

First game after coming out of concussion protocol, a pretty decent day, a win....and that's still not good enough. I can picture some of these trolls at home with their TT dolls sticking pins through the head..... :doh:

Are you trolling? Or do you just have an infatuation of hate for an individual? And I know you are rooting for bad games from the guy and for the Bills to lose. If peterman started, i would have rooted him on. that is what a fan does.

I gave him his credit. You guys want to push me for more and I'm not willing. You are exaggerating what he did over the middle today, and his performasnce in general.

Shady and the defense carried them. TT was once again along for the ride. He makes the occasional play, but he's far from the answer for this team.

I make no apologies for my opinions, and you can call it what you like. It means nothing to me.

An interception that hit the intended receiver in the hands is as much the QB's fault as the receivers? Take your blinders off, there is no way that is more Tyrod's fault. I don't see anyone other than you anywhere here or on Twitter that blames Tyrod for that pick.

That is fine - just wait and watch it. If he throws it when he hits his drop - he has a chance. TT pulls the ball down takes 2 steps to left and then forces the ball into a back shoulder throw.

The pass was not horrible, but the throw needed to come out much sooner.

It is not the throw it is the fact that he is late - that is why it is as much on TT as Clay.

It is what is is - the Bills won and lead the division.

I just watched the replay again (and again). It was not a great throw--high and a touch behind Clay--and Clay got drilled from behind just as he touched the ball. It would have been a very difficult catch.

Nothing he did today will change how team's defend him.

It's funny though how many wanted to defend how he didn't really throw that much less to the middle of the field and it didn't matter, but now are harping on it over some simple throws.

CoT

You are entitled to your completely uneducated opinion

I just watched the replay again (and again). It was not a great throw--high and a touch behind Clay--and Clay got drilled from behind just as he touched the ball. It would have been a very difficult catch.

TE's are expected to make these type of catches......that is why you use huge big body clydesdale's at TE.

Gronk makes these catches in his sleep

Let's see......completions to RB's and TE's don't count......and the yardage and first downs he picks up with his legs don't count either because a QB isn't SUPPOSED to use his legs to do that. What's next.....not count any completions outside the has marks?!

First game after coming out of concussion protocol, a pretty decent day, a win....and that's still not good enough. I can picture some of these trolls at home with their TT dolls sticking pins through the head..... :doh:

I thought Tyrod played pretty well, for him...however, it was the Jets- a team intentionally trying not to win a game this season...so I think we need to keep that in mind and judge him against teams that actually want to win this season.

I said he had a decent game.

Posters are harping over throws to the middle now and are acting as if he's now proven something in that regard after insisting it wasn't a big deal previously. This is what many of us are talking about when we say CoT.

They will tell you they don't claim he's great, but they go overboard anytime they get some decent play from the guy...today's performance is a classic example of this.

Whatever. I'm not interested in bickering over a win. I initially said it was a usual day and he was decent. Take my thoughts as you will.

TE's are expected to make these type of catches......that is why you use huge big body clydesdale's at TE.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I suggest you watch the replay again. Granted, the replay is not great but I think Clay had very little chance to catch that throw.

Posters are harping over throws to the middle now and are acting as if he's now proven something in that regard after insisting it wasn't a big deal previously. This is what many of us are talking about when we say CoT.

They will tell you they don't claim he's great, but they go overboard anytime they get some decent play from the guy...today's performance is a classic example of this.

Whatever. I'm not interested in bickering over a win. I initially said it was a usual day and he was decent. Take my thoughts as you will.

More dishonest posting.

You're opinion is no more educated than mine...you can be sure of that.

I thought Tyrod played pretty well, for him...however, it was the Jets- a team intentionally trying not to win a game this season...so I think we need to keep that in mind and judge him against teams that actually want to win this season.

The defense isn't terrible for the Jets. it's the offense. But players and coaches are not trying to lose. It's management and the talent they put on the field.

The defense isn't terrible for the Jets. it's the offense. But players and coaches are not trying to lose. It's management and the talent they put on the field.

Todd Bowles most certainly is not trying to lose--if they go 3-13, he is likely toast. And I'm pretty confident that the players aren't trying to lose, either. The Jets have one of the better defenses we will face all year and we moved the ball well against them, at least until the fourth quarter, when they were just trying to run the clock.

Edited by mannc

I agree about the Jets defense...but for a moment there at the end, when the Jets punted with 4 minutes to play and down by 2 scores, I felt they were trying to lose...i mean, why would u punt? it's basically the game...might as well go for it on 4th down...u have nothing to lose imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

I agree about the Jets defense...but for a moment there at the end, when the Jets punted with 4 minutes to play and down by 2 scores, I felt they were trying to lose...i mean, why would u punt? it's basically the game...might as well go for it on 4th down...u have nothing to lose imo.

Yes, that punt with four minutes to go was a disgrace, but it really is par for the course in the NFL, and for Bowles in particular.

A good team win.

You don't agree 😆

Some good plays. Some shaky plays. Under 30 passes and under 300 yards passing

Same as we've seen before.

Good to see him throw some away

Jesus.

Unhappy whiners who don't seem to understand that there were at least 3 dropped passes (way above the norm for an NFL QB) all by Clay and that once this team went up by 2 scores early in the 4th, the gameplan was RUN RUN RUN!!!

Taylor was 15-26 for 220 yards at the very beginning of the 4th quarter when the Bills scored their final TD and clearly took their foot off the gas. They ran 15 more plays on offense after that point. Only 2/15 of those plays were passes.

Sorry, are we looking for a QB who can help lead the team to Ws or are we looking for a QB who piles up fantasy stats?

Taylor was the former pretty clearly today. Just don't draft him in fantasy if that's what you care about :flirt:

I will wait and let you rewatch it. The throw was late and behind.

Clay could of done more, but TT needs to throw the ball at the end of his drop.

The Int is as much on TT as on clay.

Nope. You lose any semblance of logic with your last statement.

Saying or implying in any way that Taylor somehow shares equal fault with a TE who had a catchable ball in his hands that he didn't pull in is crazy talk.

That ball should have been caught. Saying it any other way is twisting this because you want to make Taylor look bad. And I'm not even saying you're wrong in your description of the play, which I have yet to rewatch. I just think this is reaching the point of being stupidly nitpicky about a play that should've been a touchdown rather than an interception.

Should have been a catch by any NFL TE of Clay's ability.

Jesus.

Unhappy whiners who don't seem to understand that there were at least 3 dropped passes (way above the norm for an NFL QB) all by Clay and that once this team went up by 2 scores early in the 4th, the gameplan was RUN RUN RUN!!!

Taylor was 15-26 for 220 yards at the very beginning of the 4th quarter when the Bills scored their final TD and clearly took their foot off the gas. They ran 15 more plays on offense after that point. Only 2/15 of those plays were passes.

Sorry, are we looking for a QB who can help lead the team to Ws or are we looking for a QB who piles up fantasy stats?

Taylor was the former pretty clearly today. Just don't draft him in fantasy if that's what you care about :flirt:

The same people who say Tyrod's good stats against Miami last year don't matter because we lost, are now saying today's win doesn't matter because his stats weren't good enough. Food for thought. Edited by HappyDays

I gave him his credit. You guys want to push me for more and I'm not willing. You are exaggerating what he did over the middle today, and his performasnce in general.

Shady and the defense carried them. TT was once again along for the ride. He makes the occasional play, but he's far from the answer for this team.

I make no apologies for my opinions, and you can call it what you like. It means nothing to me.

I think Taylor made some key first downs in the game that lead to scores. I wouldn't say Shady carried them. Shady was awesome today, as he usually is, but Taylor and a couple other guys, like Mathews, catching the ball made some key moment plays too. Lets not credit Shady with carrying the team.

Maybe its because people like you constantly try to drill that Tyrod can't​ throw over the middle. In the past Taylor didn't make many plays over the middle. Today he did. That in itself makes it not a usual day. Maybe a usual stat line, but he did so doing things he hasn't done in the past.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-game-recaps-for-all-the-week-1-matchups

I know folks are gonna love this so this will be entertaining, but according to PFF, since Thursday among the 24 teams and 12 games, Taylor's "refocused: game recap" grade was the 3rd highest, behind only Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford.

Why is it the obsession of Tyrod backers to try and make everyone else share their view?

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game