A place for those directly in Irma's path

HardyBoy

I'm in Tampa but not in a flood or storm surge area. I got diagnosed with a hernia Tuesday so have not been able to exert myself to board up windows, but put away everything that could be a projectile. My wife and I are going to stay (too late to go anywhere now), but I am more worried about roof damage and "outside" house damage or water getting in from the back sliding doors and ruining the new wood floor I just put down than I am about personal injury. I expect to be without power for a week or two (hope that is all!). I've been here since '90 and have never had this level of threat.

I'd say about 20-30% of the homes in my subdivision have boarded up their windows and another 30% have gone somewhere else to be safe.

I was really looking forward to watching the Bills 1st game tomorrow but perspective dictates we focus on Irma. We are not religious people but I do believe positive energy may have some effect on things, so please send good thoughts our way!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Tampa but not in a flood or storm surge area. I got diagnosed with a hernia Tuesday so have not been able to exert myself to board up windows, but put away everything that could be a projectile. My wife and I are going to stay (too late to go anywhere now), but I am more worried about roof damage and "outside" house damage or water getting in from the back sliding doors and ruining the new wood floor I just put down than I am about personal injury. I expect to be without power for a week or two (hope that is all!). I've been here since '90 and have never had this level of threat.

I'd say about 20-30% of the homes in my subdivision have boarded up their windows and another 30% have gone somewhere else to be safe.

I was really looking forward to watching the Bills 1st game tomorrow but perspective dictates we focus on Irma. We are not religious people but I do believe positive energy may have some effect on things, so please send good thoughts our way!

Your got it! Best of luck. We lived in Sarasota for 18 years and weathered a lot of storms just fine. This one is big and nasty, but all the news ever shows is the most dramatic devastation, for obvious reasons. Most places get by without serious trouble. No power/AC is the biggest nuisance. I hope that's the worst you get.

Getting to watch the bills had to be a motivator for a lot of people as they evacuated (definitely was for me), so let's open some doors, couches, bar seats for those of us in the community displaced by Irma.

Anything in Huntsville, AL?

Also, guessing a bunch of people would want to know about groups in Atlanta.

We're hunkered down in Jax, Fl. Our doors will be open to any Bills fans in the area, with a caution that DTV will likely have poor reception, if ANY signal. Back up Plans: WGR55 Ap and Dave & Busters is a block away.

Go Bills!

If you have dtv, but poor signal, you may be able to stream it over the web. Newer Apple TV PlayStation etc have the apps.

Chandler#81, Gigs, be safe. Hope U and you're family, homes, cars.....will be fine! Please tell us what's going on as weather/circum-

tances permitt. Same goes to all other Bills fans in the path of Irma. We with you all well/safe. Go Bills.

Chandler#81, Gigs, be safe. Hope U and you're family, homes, cars.....will be fine! Please tell us what's going on as weather/circum-

tances permitt. Same goes to all other Bills fans in the path of Irma. We with you all well/safe. Go Bills.

Correction. We WISH you all will be well & safe.

If you have dtv, but poor signal, you may be able to stream it over the web. Newer Apple TV PlayStation etc have the apps.

I know these 'toys' are available, but I don't know the path to get to them. I've been on the road a lot this year, so haven't pursued them. IM me, please, with 'how to'.

PS Thank you, RevWar!

For anyone who evacuated to the Columbia, sc area, Carolina Ale House on Lady st is the bills backers spot. There's also a group of us in the 'burbs on the northeast side of town who get together at Random Tap on two notch rd. That's where I usually go, and where I'll be today.

Edited by Chandemonium

In Plantation now (just west of Fort Lauderdale). The worst to come over the next 4-6 hours but we are ok. Lost power but plenty safe and supplied.

Send wings! Well done extra hot with BLUE CHEESE! Be safe Florida Bills fans. I'll be listening in the app. Let's go Buffalo!

BT

I have a buddy from Tampa who evacuated to Nee Orleans and is looking for place to watch game. Anyone know a Bills backer bar in NOLA?

Also, guessing a bunch of people would want to know about groups in Atlanta.

Great idea for a thread! There is a Duffs in Newnan Georgia just a bit south of Atlanta. Owner is from Buffalo and the food is authentic Duffs. THAT is a great place to watch the game for any evacuees in that area.

In Plantation now (just west of Fort Lauderdale). The worst to come over the next 4-6 hours but we are ok. Lost power but plenty safe and supplied.

Send wings! Well done extra hot with BLUE CHEESE! Be safe Florida Bills fans. I'll be listening in the app. Let's go Buffalo!

BT

The game is not available in the WGR app, FYI

Sending positive vibes, hopefully the time over Cuba turned this more into a storm surge threat and less of a wide scale house damaging storm due to near cat 5 wind.

A lot of tornado warnings though in the ft lauderdale area...stay safe.

The 11am update just said it's moving straight north, which is putting it directly over Marco Island.

Edited by HardyBoy

I have a buddy from Tampa who evacuated to Nee Orleans and is looking for place to watch game. Anyone know a Bills backer bar in NOLA?

Great idea for a thread! There is a Duffs in Newnan Georgia just a bit south of Atlanta. Owner is from Buffalo and the food is authentic Duffs. THAT is a great place to watch the game for any evacuees in that area.

We are at Fat Harry's on St. Charles in New Orleans. Have them come by!!