A place for those directly in Irma's path

HardyBoy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every update brought worse news for several days in a row for Tampa where I live, until this morning when they started showing a gradual move of the path back to the east instead of riding up just offshore and therefore maintaining strength. It hit land just south of Naples and has already weaken a little. There is also some wind shear from the NW which is supposedly weakening it more. Foolish or not, my wife and I stayed home and I actually got to watch the game! The power blinked on and off a few times but is currently on. I am hoping by the time it works its way up to my area that it is down to a low cat 2 or even 1. We are getting some scary gusts but we are ok so far. Go Bills, and if there are others in my area on this discussion, best of luck to us making it through without any serious damage or injury.

Down in Norh Port (new house, high ground.) Ready for the eye. Ready for the Bills.

I pray for you and the area! My parents used to rent on Mannasota Key Englewood for years. I know Northport well.

I'm from Rochester Was a teacher down here in Houston and we just got done with one hurricane!

In Plantation now (just west of Fort Lauderdale). The worst to come over the next 4-6 hours but we are ok. Lost power but plenty safe and supplied.

Send wings! Well done extra hot with BLUE CHEESE! Be safe Florida Bills fans. I'll be listening in the app. Let's go Buffalo!

BT

We wish you well, and that you don't get hit too bad. When you can, give us an update when Irma has passed your area, please

All good on the home front. She was a beastly storm but the folks in the keys and lower west coast got it pretty good. Some trees down and lost power immediately. Downed line in front of the house. More importantly everyone is safe.

Thought I'd get to watch the game on the ticket app but turns out the Bills were the local game since Miami wasn't on... what luck. Anyways good W, I'll read everyone's notes and from the sounds of it played solidly. Go Bills..... Piss of Irma.

It's hitting NC now. This is boring.

I will take the bait and act like an annoyed parent...

Hard to keep the attention span of you self-absorbed Millennial Snowflakes. "Irma is a complete bust! I didn't get mes any of Irma!" Do you really post this crap? Attaboy, or is that an "attaboyst" for keeping your post short and sweet.

Excuse me if you I took your post wrong, your post sounds petulant and whiny. Mine also, but justified seeing what the storm left behing for many especially the ones not blessed to be in our great, helping country!

NEWSFLASH: Of course it's phu**ing boring! It is the outter bands that is "hitting" NC... Tracked away from your great state.

at201711.gif

Sorry you are bored.

Too bad it didn't ride up the East Coast to please and excite you.

You will help by "donating" a bigger chunk of your Federal tax dollars. Hopefully it also bores you when they raise those taxes in some way, shape, or form. Just remember how "bored" you were. It will help lessen the sticker shock.

Blame Sesame Street for short attention spans. This 30 second Irma clip, proceeded by Harvey is over... NEXT! Keep them rolling Children's Television Workshop, Boyst in NC is bored... Not doing your job well enough!

I will take the bait and act like an annoyed parent...

Hard to keep the attention span of you self-absorbed Millennial Snowflakes. "Irma is a complete bust! I didn't get mes any of Irma!" Do you really post this crap? Attaboy, or is that an "attaboyst" for keeping your post short and sweet.

Excuse me if you I took your post wrong, your post sounds petulant and whiny. Mine also, but justified seeing what the storm left behing for many especially the ones not blessed to be in our great, helping country!

NEWSFLASH: Of course it's phu**ing boring! It is the outter bands that is "hitting" NC... Tracked away from your great state.

at201711.gif

Sorry you are bored.

Too bad it didn't ride up the East Coast to please and excite you.

You will help by "donating" a bigger chunk of your Federal tax dollars. Hopefully it also bores you when they raise those taxes in some way, shape, or form. Just remember how "bored" you were. It will help lessen the sticker shock.

Blame Sesame Street for short attention spans. This 30 second Irma clip, proceeded by Harvey is over... NEXT! Keep them rolling Children's Television Workshop, Boyst in NC is bored... Not doing your job well enough!

That is such a wrird storm track.

That is such a wrird storm track.

Yep!

Been cool weather up here... You were so spot on early! You said it would ride up Gulf Coast. Then all the effers had it going east, then back west... LoL... Of course I concurred. I side with the strange! :-) ;-)

Just caught the segment how Cuba lessened blow for us... It went slightly "under" the dry (drier) air that was dominating The Gulf... Irma lollygagging about the Northern Cuban coast allowed dry air to infiltrate, weaken it. Had it stayed in straits, would have been much more powerful hitting the Naples, Gulf Coast side of the penisula! Storm surge after water being sucked away would have been much worse piling up. We, got 1/2 of that beeatch Irma... 1/2 a hurricane!

Thanx Cuba! They won't want to hear that though.

Yep!

Been cool weather up here... You were so spot on early! You said it would ride up Gulf Coast. Then all the effers had it going east, then back west... LoL... Of course I concurred. I side with the strange! :-) ;-)

Just caught the segment how Cuba lessened blow for us... It went slightly "under" the dry (drier) air that was dominating The Gulf... Irma lollygagging about the Northern Cuban coast allowed dry air to infiltrate, weaken it. Had it stayed in straits, would have been much more powerful hitting the Naples, Gulf Coast side of the penisula! Storm surge after water being sucked away would have been much worse piling up. We, got 1/2 of that beeatch Irma... 1/2 a hurricane!

Thanx Cuba! They won't want to hear that though.

I'll remind you: a week ago I said it would skirt the north coast of Cuba, go over the Keys, and in to the Gulf. It didn't quite get in to the Gulf (didn't forecast that trough behind the cold front that drew it in to that sharp northern turn.) But I was a hell of a lot closer than NHC's "It's going to hit the east coast" forecast.

Weird track, though. Cape Verde storms don't track like that - they either pass north of the Leeward Islands and barrel straight through the Bahamas to Florida, or they pass south of Florida straight in to the Gulf. You have to go back 60 years (Donna) to find another hurricane with a track similar to this.

Edit: But don't ask me what Jose's going to do. The way it's randomly staggering through the mid-Atlantic...just go home, Jose, you're drunk.

Edited by DC Tom

I mentioned an obvious lesson learned during Hugo to my refugee family staying with us - with no power you can't pump the gas out of the ground. They rented a trailer to drag about 25 gallons of gas in hard to find tanks behind one of their 3 vehicles (with 3 kids and 2 dogs). It made the difference and got them from Atlanta to Sarasota, though it took 12 hours instead of 8. He said they drove past miles and miles of cars stranded without gas......all watching his trailer full of brightly colored and conspicuous gas cans going by.

I'll remind you: a week ago I said it would skirt the north coast of Cuba, go over the Keys, and in to the Gulf. It didn't quite get in to the Gulf (didn't forecast that trough behind the cold front that drew it in to that sharp northern turn.) But I was a hell of a lot closer than NHC's "It's going to hit the east coast" forecast.

Weird track, though. Cape Verde storms don't track like that - they either pass north of the Leeward Islands and barrel straight through the Bahamas to Florida, or they pass south of Florida straight in to the Gulf. You have to go back 60 years (Donna) to find another hurricane with a track similar to this.

Edit: But don't ask me what Jose's going to do. The way it's randomly staggering through the mid-Atlantic...just go home, Jose, you're drunk.

No need to remind me... I was in concurrence. You get your weather (meteorology: did I use right spelling?) merit badge!

image_14963241530_3144.jpg

You can't scare me, I am NOT sticking w/The Idiots!

:-)