A place for those directly in Irma's path

HardyBoy

I'm between Orlando and Daytona also. We're hoping for the best but I saw a zoomed-in Euro model of the track and the dead center prediction has it passing about 300 yards from my house. I hope it moves.

I'm in DeLand, I assume you're not too far from me. I saw that track on Friday...it was still bad here, but could have been much worse.

We're hunkered down in Jax, Fl. Our doors will be open to any Bills fans in the area, with a caution that DTV will likely have poor reception, if ANY signal. Back up Plans: WGR55 Ap and Dave & Busters is a block away.

Go Bills!

Hope you made out ok. I saw Jax was flooded pretty bad. (Hopefully you're able to read this soon).

Not that this matters right now, but just in case you didn't know, you can get a more reliable feed by switching to the SD feed during signal loss. I lost signal several times on Sunday, but only lost HD. I watched the local news in SD until we lost power around 11, after the HD feeds went down for good around 6.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it through with some damage to the house and screen enclosure but nothing major. Spent the day Monday cutting trees off of neighbors houses and screens and got power back on late yesterday.

I think we had a small tornado or something go through. There is a fairly distinctive path of destruction through the hood here. One neighbors shed had a tree branch impaled horizontally through the roof.

Hope Chandler is ok, sounds like Jax took it pretty hard with flooding.

Edited by flomoe