A place for those directly in Irma's path

HardyBoy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from FLL tarmac:

We are on board. About 50% occupancy. Pilot got on the horn and said he is waiting for other gates to see if anyone wants to escape to Buffalo.

I think a lot of NYC passengers who were connecting through Buffalo found another route.

Earlier, while waiting for the flight I didn't see anyone from Buffalo. Later, I went to the nearest bar and found all the Buffalonians. I should've known where they were.

Hopefully this takes off soon and I'll see gig at the opener.

Update from FLL tarmac:

We are on board. About 50% occupancy. Pilot got on the horn and said he is waiting for other gates to see if anyone wants to escape to Buffalo.

I think a lot of NYC passengers who were connecting through Buffalo found another route.

Earlier, while waiting for the flight I didn't see anyone from Buffalo. Later, I went to the nearest bar and found all the Buffalonians. I should've known where they were.

Hopefully this takes off soon and I'll see gig at the opener.

Holy Crap!!! You should have known better.

Better for the group if it churns right up penisula and stays over land than bouncing of coast. Not good for you individually, but the group? Irma needs to be eaten up by land and the the cold of moving north.

Straight up the gut is best for all.

Not feeling the love, man. I'm not sure a direct hit on Miami is best for all!

We're staying, but not in South FL. We're between Orlando and Daytona Beach, so we'll probably get some strong stuff, but category 2 by the time it gets to central FL.

I'm hoping it doesn't knock out the power here until after 4:30 on Sunday, but that's the least of my concerns. I do have ST Max, though.

I'm between Orlando and Daytona also. We're hoping for the best but I saw a zoomed-in Euro model of the track and the dead center prediction has it passing about 300 yards from my house. I hope it moves.

Not feeling the love, man. I'm not sure a direct hit on Miami is best for all!

Sure is vs. Whole coastline wiped out. And no. Now that we (Corps) have been putting the Everglades back (from which we drained), hopefully it goes that way. I did say "up the gut." Direct hit on Miami is a side hug.

The Everglades can soften the blow, natures intended answer.

Update from somewhere above NC/VA:

In the air and just got Wifi. So happy to be otw to Buffalo. Good luck to all in Florida and Irma's path. The plane is pretty tranquil. I would guess we are a little over 50% occupancy. At least within eyesight I am the only person with a beer.

See you all at he opener. I'll be on a nice three day bender at that point.

Update from somewhere above NC/VA:

In the air and just got Wifi. So happy to be otw to Buffalo. Good luck to all in Florida and Irma's path. The plane is pretty tranquil. I would guess we are a little over 50% occupancy. At least within eyesight I am the only person with a beer.

See you all at he opener. I'll be on a nice three day bender at that point.

Glad to hear!!!

"Escape from FLA!" Film @ 11! ;-)

Tell us when/if you're safe. Let's support those in our community directly impacted.

I'm evacuating to Huntsville, AL.

Live in Ft. Lauderdale, house built in 1956, but got a new roof last year. Depending on the path, thinking minor damage or total loss.

Wife and 5 month old are in Rochester (we were visiting family), I flew back Wed, pulled all nighter and jumped in car Thursday at 9am, made it to Orlando by 3pm and grabbed a hotel to wait out traffic (36 hours no sleep).

Jumping back in car in a few and hoping at this time of day I zoom through leaving Orlando and Atlanta, and it's an easy 10 hour drive.

Stay safe everyone, my love and thoughts are with you all, and let's stay connected here once we get back if anyone needs help cleaning up...go bills

Best of luck man. Hope everything works out for you and everyone else who has to deal with this mess. Edited by RaoulDuke79

I know Irma is very serious stuff and am hoping that all Floridians are safe. Football takes a back seat when it comes to safety and downright survival.

For any Bills fans who made it out and may have ended-up in Mobile AL, (like we did) I just spoke with a local sports bar mgr. who will put the game on for us if I let him know we're coming.

If you are in Mobile and want to see the game on Sunday, please pm me and I'll give you the details.

Tony.

I'm in Buffalo and we don't have to worry about these things...but then people who live in places that get eradicated by Hurricanes/tornados/earthquakes/mudslides/floods, etc somehow love to make fun of our weather...little ironic, don't you think? B-)

Hope everyone is safe and they can make it out in time.