Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) he's a Whaley guy (whaaaaat but we all thought *insert narrative* 2) hes not a "character guy" (whaaat we all thought *insert narrative*) 3)he's "their guy" because he's a proven elite player. You really have no idea how they found him or why they are all in on him?

1 and 2 are givens. But thanks.

3) yes but again, the process of how they choose to spend their cap space puzzles me. Take into account, age and position value, I question their long term investment in certain positions

The money never had to be offered to him at all though...

According to who, you? Why do you care? Obviously they have their reasons and maybe it's part of a bigger incentive plan they trying out?

Either way it's not our money and doesn't affect us negatively at all.

Man, Ralph's too cheap and what now Pegula's too giving? You can't win with this fanbase.

Edited by likei've

Of everyone in this thread I think you may be crying the loudest, and about the least significant thing. There's an amusing amount of irony.

Calling whiners out = crying?

Whatever gets you through the night. Fact is I'd say it to all of your faces, pretty much guarantee you wouldn't.

If I'm in the lockeroom..........I am going to the office tomorrow to get the forms to sign up for the new incentive program! :w00t:

Nothing made Jason Peters happier than seeing Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker getting paid........it showed a commitment to winning! :beer:

Literally, they got one RB for the price of two. Unbelievable!

Incentive. Not guaranteed. The money wouldn't have been spent elsewhere, and may not be spent at all.

What's so hard to grasp?

That is lost money now if Shady hits the incentives, money that Bills could have moved as unused cap space into next years cap.

Beano is a rookie moron. Mind boggling move.

Literally, they got one RB for the price of two. Unbelievable!

It is called the one ship policy. EX: We have all heard everytime Navy or Air Froce builds a shiny new toy(ship/plane) it replaces and does the job of 20 or so other toys. Extrapolating that out: Very soon Navy will be 1 ship and Air Force will be 1 plane.

As Army marketing used "Army of One"

Bills use "It Starts With One"

Soon Shady will be the "One"

Edited by cba fan

That is lost money now if Shady hits the incentives, that Bills could have moved unused cap space into next years cap.

Beano is a rookie moron. Mind boggling move.

Makes sense to me. You go to sell your flashy sports car you might spend a little extra cash to get it detailed and get a tune-up so you get the highest offer for it. Look how nice it looks, look how well it runs! Some might think thats cash out the window that you don't need to spend but you make it back when you sell it or at the very least you have a lot more people interested. I think McBeane wants to sell and they are making a small investment now to make sure they get max value later Edited by kdiggz

They're basically saying: shady, we know we're wasting your last prime years while we trust the process. You won't be winning a super bowl here in Buffalo but you can put the icing on a hall of fame career and put up monster numbers. if that's not incentive enough for you to play your heart out and help put fans in the seats, here's another 2.5 million dollars to sweeten the pot.

Classy move.

Edited by NewEra

And his production here?

Get over that too I guess.

Logical thing to do would've been to tender him a 2nd rounder so no one touches him. Bills don't do logical things.

Maybe they just really wanted the pick. Seems like McDermott is all about them. Giving up the backup rb for a 5th might seem like a great trade for him. They gave him the 5th rd tender because they knew someone would bite and would rather have the pick than shadys backup,

And his production here?

Logical thing to do would've been to tender him a 2nd rounder so no one touches him. Bills don't do logical things.

They don't seem to value the back up RB position. Giving incentives to Shady or not would have made no difference in the Gillislee decision.

Makes sense to me. You go to sell your flashy sports car you might spend a little extra cash to get it detailed and get a tune-up so you get the highest offer for it. Look how nice it looks, look how well it runs! Some might think thats cash out the window that you don't need to spend but you make it back when you sell it or at the very least you have a lot more people interested. I think McBeane wants to sell and they are making a small investment now to make sure they get max value later

But who's going to give a haul for a 30 year old back with another year of heavy use?

And his production here?

Because Blount had what 19 tds and then no one is interested in him

It's the pats he had 3 tds for 4 yards and 2 failed 4th and 1