I was upset with the Jonathon Williams cut, until I saw this

Here's a list of RB's without a job. Most of them are better than J Will and have been production NFL Vets, so I'm a little stumped that we have Tawain Jones and Joe Banyard on our roster and not anyone off this list.

Chris Johnson

Ryan Matthews

Rashad Jennings

Matt Asiata

Jeremy Langford (update Picked up by Ravens)

James Starks

Justin Forsett

Denard Robinson

Tim Hightower

Matt Jones. (Update, picked up by Colts)

DeAngelo Williams

Shaun Draughn

Ronnie Hillman

Bobby Rainey

Knile Davis

Khiry Robinson

What say you, good people of twobillsdrive?

Edited by BillsRdue

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jones is adding a lot to special teams. So, in terms of just a running back on offense, I think all would contribute as much as Banyard. We don't really know what he can do. Maybe he will be a really solid back up. Personally, I would go with Williams or Matthews. If Shady stays healthy, I don't think it will matter that much. Of course, why Banyard over JWill?

Here's a list of RB's without a job. Most of them are better than J Will and have been production NFL Vets, so I'm a little stumped that we have Tawain Jones and Joe Banyard on our roster and not anyone off this list.

Chris Johnson

Ryan Matthews

Rashad Jennings

Matt Asiata

Jeremy Langford

James Starks

Justin Forsett

Denard Robinson

Tim Hightower

DeAngelo Williams

Shaun Draughn

Ronnie Hillman

Bobby Rainey

Knile Davis

Khiry Robinson

I say that most of those 'better' RB are unemployed by reason of age, being 31 or more.

A couple are younger, but not sure I'd qualify them as "better".

People buy the Kool Aid this team dishes out year after year. This year's Kool Aid is no different.

Whenever a team trots out two trusted Vets - in this case Wood and McCoy - to say this team is not going to tank; you can bet the tank is on.

Charles Clay is the only receiver that TT knows by name.

Edited by jumbalaya

People buy the Kool Aid this team dishes out year after year. This year's Kool Aid is no different.

Whenever a team trots out two trusted Vets - in this case Wood and McCoy - to say this team is not going to tank; you can bet the tank is on.

Charles Clay is the only receiver that TT knows by name.

You're so wise!

Chris Johnson

Ryan Matthews

Rashad Jennings

Matt Asiata

Jeremy Langford

James Starks

Justin Forsett

Denard Robinson

Tim Hightower

DeAngelo Williams

Shaun Draughn

Ronnie Hillman

Bobby Rainey

Knile Davis

Khiry Robinson

The only RB on that list capable of contributing at a high level still right now is Ryan Mathews. I would definitely welcome him here as a backup and fill in behind McCoy. The only issue he really has is durability, but if he is not your RB1, he is one heck of an RB2 where durability isn't as big of an issue unless McCoy went down for a lengthy period of time.

Other than that, I don't see much on that list that I find very inspiring over the young guy the staff felt earned the backup job and knows our playbook.

Clay is the only receiver that TT knows by name.

He's cleared the protocol. He remembers them all again

He played into the second half of the fourth preseason game. That's never a good sign.

Didn't connect that at the time. You're right. Probably showcasing him hoping to pick up a football pump or back up long snapper in exchange... ah well good luck to him