I was upset with the Jonathon Williams cut, until I saw this

That is one terrible and depressing list. D'Angelo I think is more effective at this stage as a replacement starter rather than as a guy to spell your starter. He was much more effective in Pittsburgh when Bell was out and he was the lead dog than when spelling him. I think that is because his style really relies on wearing you down with his physicality and then taking advantage later in the game.

Matthews, as Alpha said, is the only guy I'd consider bringing in off that list and I guess he has no interest in playing for near vet minimum.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The puzzler was that we heard about his great camp and he stood out in preseason even with starters.

Sounds like special teams was an important factor in the decision...

Yeah, and the 1st special teams play we saw of Taiwan he tackled the punt returner who had called a fair catch, a 15 yard penalty

Here's a list of RB's without a job. Most of them are better than J Will and have been production NFL Vets, so I'm a little stumped that we have Tawain Jones and Joe Banyard on our roster and not anyone off this list.

Chris Johnson

Ryan Matthews

Rashad Jennings

Matt Asiata

Jeremy Langford

James Starks

Justin Forsett

Denard Robinson

Tim Hightower

DeAngelo Williams

Shaun Draughn

Ronnie Hillman

Bobby Rainey

Knile Davis

Khiry Robinson

What say you, good people of twobillsdrive?

I like what we have. We'll see how it plays out.

Pretty sure he disagreed with Panther's management quite a bit. Don't think he's very fond of Beane at all.

the story out of Carolina after Gettleman was fired is that the outspoken former players hated Gettleman and liked Beane, who acted as a buffer between the two sides. When Beane left, gettleman's style was no longer tolerable and everything came to a head. Beane is more from the Marty Hurney tree.

the story out of Carolina after Gettleman was fired is that the outspoken former players hated Gettleman and liked Beane, who acted as a buffer between the two sides. When Beane left, gettleman's style was no longer tolerable and everything came to a head. Beane is more from the Marty Hurney tree.

Interesting. I knew he disliked Gettleman. I assumed he associated Beane with him, especially since his moves for the Bills to date look a lot like Gettleman's style.

I just think this thread exemplifies the difficulties people are having trying to rationalize the Williams cut. Why would we want to pay veteran RB money to a player on the downside of his career when we could've had a young promising one for dirt cheap?

Tolbert is dirt cheap, making the veteran minimum, so spare us the money angle.

Tolbert can do more things than Williams. McDermott has stressed versatility in his press conferences. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's the wrong decision.