The RInger Pre-season Power Rankings..... 31!!!!!

Billsfan1972

Probably right.

Just saying. To not repeat a lot of concepts from last years offense would be dumb.

I do agree with this. It's something I worry about. While our passing attack was popgun, our running attack was transcendent in 2016.

In my fantasies, I see Dennison making the passing attack more potent while the rushing attack remains #1.

I think the actuality is the passing attack gets a little better (losing Sammy prevents any big improvement) but the running attack gets a little worse because we don't repeat enough of the concepts of last year and because we've lost MG.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trying to defend this team and go write articles about Flat Earth theory. Its a better use of time.

Actually, with the low mentality of a sizeable number of american citizens these days, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a sizeable percentage actually believe the "flat earth" nonsense. Maybe someone here who wants to get depressed could start a poll... Anyone care to speculate on the number of Bills fans who wanna believe in such sh#t actually is?

And Watkins would have been a stud in this offense.........

But again how does anyone know if this staff is better?

Find me an Expert who has the Bills in the top half of the league.

Sorry I want to see wins, not drafting position and prospects in the 2018 & 19 drafts.

Why should I have to find an expert? I am not saying they will be good or playoffs or anything like that, just pointing out some misleading info in the article

SILLY??? Anyone who says that the Bills can win with Logan Thomas at QB is not to be taken seriously... It must be wonderful going through life wearing such rose colored glasses...

Win against the jets, yes, they could with Logan. The jets are putrid on offense and their good defense can only be on the field so much before breaking down.

But, hey let's put words in my mouth. You're acting like I stated they would win the Super Bowl with Logan. So I suggest READING COMPREHENSION.

http://m.k5learning.com/reading-comprehension-worksheets

Everything stated here is very accurate. But I don't expect to pick #2 in next year's draft unless there are a number of injuries to our key players.

Our D is going to be too good to finish second last and will keep us in a lot of games...boring unwatchable puntfests by both teams mainly... Edited by matter2003

I'm confused how we could simultaneously resign Taylor and then be looking to undercut him? I get there was stuff in between like TC but still seems odd to just assume they won't resign him with out a snap being played.

That's the one glaring discrepancy that just doesn't make sense. Why even sign TT to a moot extra season if you already know he's not part of this future. And if you're strategy is to tank/rebuild while trading good young players then WHY keep Tyrod. They could've just gone with Peterman, Webb and whoever as their and while they wait to draft the franchise guy this April? Makes no sense?

Why should I have to find an expert? I am not saying they will be good or playoffs or anything like that, just pointing out some misleading info in the article

Well the Experts have them rated low and it's been since 1999 that they've made the playoffs and we have a a coaching staff & GM who have made moves only looking to the draft and not winning in 2017, and I should be thrilled?

Show me a team that has been successful with that mindset?

Well the Experts have them rated low and it's been since 1999 that they've made the playoffs and we have a a coaching staff & GM who have made moves only looking to the draft and not winning in 2017, and I should be thrilled?

Show me a team that has been successful with that mindset?

I don't know why you keep asking me things as if I said anything to the contrary to what you are stating, just pointed out some information that can be misleading

LeSean McCoy

Look, I don't think the Bills are doing too much this year. With everyone mostly healthy I'm thinking between 5-11 and 7-9. That said, and even if you put everything else aside including a seemingly improved D and and at least competent QB in TT, I just don't know how you can look at any team with McCoy at RB and say, "this is the second worst team in all of football."

The 2010 Bills were quite simply and absolutely dreadful and they still finished with 4 wins and in 30th place. I don't love this team, but it is worlds better than that team, even if "worlds" is defined as 1 or 2 more wins.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Win against the jets, yes, they could with Logan. The jets are putrid on offense and their good defense can only be on the field so much before breaking down.

But, hey let's put words in my mouth. You're acting like I stated they would win the Super Bowl with Logan. So I suggest READING COMPREHENSION.

http://m.k5learning.com/reading-comprehension-worksheets

I never mentioned nor inferred in any way anything about Logan Thomas winning the Super Bowl... I also doubt that you would find too many on this site who would agree with you that the Bills could even beat the lowly Jets with Logan Thomas playing QB either... I suggest you take your own advice about READING COMPREHENSION since you brought that topic up my friend... The Bills are very capable of losing to the lowly Jets... As I recall they lost to the lowly Jets twice last year alone...

This is just plain dumb. It seems as if they're expecting Dennison to run the exact same offense here that he ran in Denver.

In Mile High city, Rico was running Kubiak's offense. We don't know what a Dennison offense looks like because he's never actually developed his own scheme before. As an OC, he's always run a Kubiak scheme. Certainly Rico's been very influenced by Kubiak. But to say he doesn't have any other influences or ideas of his own is way premature. We just don't know - and have no way of knowing until we see what he unveils.

Plus in Denver Rico had a entirely different roster. Why would we assume that Rico is a functional idiot who won't make adjustments based on the skill sets of the players he has now?

Let's remember that Rico was the OC who made Brock Osweiler look good. There's no reason he can't make TT look good. Rico's had success putting points on the board in the past and it's reasonable to assume that trend will continue.

Kind of your own point/counterpoint here ... (1) Dennison won't necessarily run the Kubiak offense; he'll tailor the offense for Taylor. (2) The Kubiak offense Dennison runs will suit Taylor perfectly! Kidding aside, I think your point (2) is a good one. Standard wisdom is that a mobile/option QB like Tyrod works best under center. As for your point (1) -- maybe it was Dennison following Kubiak's orders, but he was so completely wedded to his concept that they tried to make the king of the shotgun/pistol, Peyton Manning, work from under center. It was predictably disastrous.