The reaction will awesome when the Bills dominate Jets

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will win our first game by a large margin and this place will be hilarious. We will hear:

"Not a real win because Jets are tanking"

"Would have won by more if it weren't for all the trades"

"The Jets are smarter than us, because they know how to get better draft position"

"We still suck and will go 2-14 thanks to Jets"

And hopefully at least a few "19-0 baby!'s"

This is a whole new system and McDermott and Beane are still trying to get all the right pieces in place, but all of these neagative posts are way off base in my opinion. There is a lot of talent let on this team and we will be winning games. Get used to it.

Jets are pretty awful. I'd guess it'll be a reasonably close Buffalo win.

As for anyone saying, "We will win," and "The Jets will be picking before us" ... what's that old saying about chickens and counting? Whatever it is, it's apropos

Edited by Thurman#1

So you are saying the Bills in their current situation are better off finishing say 6-10 with two wins over the Jets, instead of 4-12? Why would that be if both teams are in desperate need of a franchise QB?

actually, I never said that at all. But in reality, I will always cheer for the Bills to win games and celebrate each victory. Despite Rosen's performance today, there is still no "clear cut" number one pick yet in this draft. So I am not going to say "boy, I hope we lose every game this year" so we might get a player who might enter the draft early and might actually become a good pro QB.

Maybe the Jets go 2-14 this year, and we go 9-7, and trade our two first round picks and get a better franchise QB with the 3rd overall pick. Too early to tell, so I'll just cheer for wins.

This universe. We are better in all phases of the game. Their offense is bad and their defense is decent but they just lost their run stuffer. Our offense will look much better than most think and our defense will shut them down. Combine that with their apparent desire to tank this year and you get a decisive win for the Bills.

Then the debate as to whether or not it "counts" will begin.

Yup, all very reasonable if you look at everything through a rabid Bills fan's perspective.

For most, though, the game's at home, which is generally a three-point advantage, and we're getting around 6.5 points from Vegas. We don't look better then them in all phases to people without a huge fan's desperate needs to see things positively. We look a little bit better, but not that much.

Edited by Thurman#1

That is one of my favorites

It's been 100% true the last few years.

Once this team is eliminated from the playoffs, losing can only increase your chances of getting better players in the draft...winning is pointless.

I have no issue saying I root for losses after being eliminated from the playoffs...i think it's what's best for the long term.

Once this team is eliminated from the playoffs, losing can only increase your chances of getting better players in the draft...winning is pointless.

I have no issue saying I root for losses after being eliminated from the playoffs...i think it's what's best for the long term.

It's just a loser mentality that has set in with Buffalo sports teams....everyone wants to lose so we're better long term. well, both teams have been losing for a long time and continue to lose...not working out so far. With salary cap and FA no reason an NFL team should be this bad for so long

You sound just like me... in 2003, 2007, 2009,2011.... I really mean no disrespect by this, but I am guessing you're a bit younger. Experience has force fed us bills fans the harsh reality that any and all perceived signs of success mean absolute squat until they put up a winning record. And one in the secoND half of the season at that. You want to talk about getting your hopes up? Remember when Trent Edwards went 5 and 1, only to see him get smashed into the turf by Dansby? Or how about 07 when they missed the playoffS by losING to derek Anderson and the Browns in the Most pathetic display of offense ever witnessed. Or perhaps in 05 when they when on a 7 game winning streak only to lose to the steelers back ups in the final game of the season. This is the weakest the roster has looked since the Gailey era, no knocking beane and McDermott doing for the long term, but mediocrity would be a godsend this year

It's just a loser mentality that has set in with Buffalo sports teams....everyone wants to lose so we're better long term. well, both teams have been losing for a long time and continue to lose...not working out so far. With salary cap and FA no reason an NFL team should be this bad for so long

Sure there is.. Keep hiring bad coaches and gms and swap them out every 3 years. Keep winning 7 or 8 games a year and failing to acquire a qb. We own the recipe

No matter how painful this combo needs at least 5 years if you want to establish any kind of stability. Bills fans may have no more patience but guess what...its going to be a little longer

I doubt the Bills will dominate the Jets. Jets still have a good run defense even with the departure of S. Richardson. Considering that the Bills are running a new offense with Taylor not thriving throughout preseason it is reasonable to expect that they will struggle on offense. I think it will be a low scoring affair.

We will beat the Jets on our way to a 1-7 start. Out of playoffs before Thanksgiving. Then we start the longest off-season as we try to figure out the 6 picks that will make rebuild worth it. Then slowly watch those picks unravel to bust after bust all the while trusting the process.

You sound just like me... in 2003, 2007, 2009,2011.... I really mean no disrespect by this, but I am guessing you're a bit younger. Experience has force fed us bills fans the harsh reality that any and all perceived signs of success mean absolute squat until they put up a winning record. And one in the secoND half of the season at that. You want to talk about getting your hopes up? Remember when Trent Edwards went 5 and 1, only to see him get smashed into the turf by Dansby? Or how about 07 when they missed the playoffS by losING to derek Anderson and the Browns in the Most pathetic display of offense ever witnessed. Or perhaps in 05 when they when on a 7 game winning streak only to lose to the steelers back ups in the final game of the season. This is the weakest the roster has looked since the Gailey era, no knocking beane and McDermott doing for the long term, but mediocrity would be a godsend this year

Actually, there is nothing wrong with having hope as the season begins. I went to my first Bills game in 1968 and have been a die hard fan ever since. The truth is, I have experienced far more seasons closer to last year (or worse) than playoff seasons. Yet, each year, I look forward to a new season and hope for the best. If they do well I will be happy. If they do not, I will be disappointed and look forward to next year. The "experience" of being a Bills fan doesn't make all of us jaded and cynical. I have no idea how the team will be this year - why should I give up hope until I have to?

I want to lose this game so bad. I think the biggest reason is fear of the Jets ending up with the number one pick. First time in 25 plus years of cheering for the Bills where I legitimately feel like I will route for them to lose from the opening kick off. If there wasn't another team in our same division that was a huge favorite for the #1 pick going into this season then I think I would have a completely different outlook on this game and possibly the season as a whole.

What you said goes against everything McD has said thus far.

A winning mentality isn't losing on purpose.

Actually, there is nothing wrong with having hope as the season begins. I went to my first Bills game in 1968 and have been a die hard fan ever since. The truth is, I have experienced far more seasons closer to last year (or worse) than playoff seasons. Yet, each year, I look forward to a new season and hope for the best. If they do well I will be happy. If they do not, I will be disappointed and look forward to next year. The "experience" of being a Bills fan doesn't make all of us jaded and cynical. I have no idea how the team will be this year - why should I give up hope until I have to?

yup. That is about how I feel every season too.