step off the curb. McDermot and the GM have us going good.

Howard

"indefensible" It's "indefensible" to cut Jonathan Williams, a 5th round draft pick . . .

Dude, he's a 5th round draft pick who was OK and you jump all over the cut as if he was a 1st round can't miss player. You're the one who needs to defend your football acumen . . .

He was a cheap, young, and very capable ball carrier. He was under contract at that cheap rate for two more years. He looked much improved toting the rock in the preseason. It a dumb move by a questionable FO imo.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"indefensible" It's "indefensible" to cut Jonathan Williams, a 5th round draft pick . . .

Dude, he's a 5th round draft pick who was OK and you jump all over the cut as if he was a 1st round can't miss player. You're the one who needs to defend your football acumen . . .

why does it matter what round he was picked Most who watch the bills fell his is more talented then jones of Joe b.

He was a cheap, young, and very capable ball carrier. He was under contract at that cheap rate for two more years. He looked much improved toting the rock in the preseason. It a dumb move by a questionable FO imo.

why does it matter what round he was picked Most who watch the bills fell his is more talented then jones of Joe b.

Don't waste your time, he thinks Vlad Ducasse might be a competent NFL RG.

Does anyone consider Jonathan Williams just isn't that good? McCoy and Gillislee tore it up last year while J. Williams averaged 3.5 ypc.

And the fact Baynard and Taiwan are in the backfield tells you that the staff is totally fine with what they bring to the table as opposed to Williams. Tolbert Shady and Jones all have very different styles running the ball..

My gripe is Hodges. Who is our backup mlb?? I know Preston has looked like a stud and will be on the field for majority of the game but you need a backup

Does anyone consider Jonathan Williams just isn't that good? McCoy and Gillislee tore it up last year while J. Williams averaged 3.5 ypc.

And the fact Baynard and Taiwan are in the backfield tells you that the staff is totally fine with what they bring to the table as opposed to Williams. Tolbert Shady and Jones all have very different styles running the ball..

My gripe is Hodges. Who is our backup mlb?? I know Preston has looked like a stud and will be on the field for majority of the game but you need a backup

But the coaches who watched him every single day did not. What if he was a bad teammate, missed assignments, was not coachable and/or had leveled out as a player, would you still be OK with jwill?

Don't waste your time, he thinks Vlad Ducasse might be a competent NFL RG.

This is a lame way to defend your flame war against the team's decisions. You are the one who kept bringing up Ducasse as if he's the only player that matters. Has he played a single down as a Bill? No. Do you know if VD will start? No. Do you know if he will be bad? No. Do you know more than the management? Certainly not.

If I seriously thought Howie was somewhat serious, I would tell him to F-Off.

Since I know he's probably just another poster on here and just trying to be liked, F-Off.

I hope Mcbeene and McLovin have a clue. I'm guessing they don't and poor disillusioned Terry bought into the "process" BS. I hope to god im wrong but so far it's not looking like I am.

(quote floemore here) hey, like the other oldguy said above if you dont get your way you start using Niagara street language. Yeah I worked down at the square too and guys like you would grape about how tired they are all day until the truck left and they would smoke and drink coffee like they had a tough three hours. You never heard me complain a out work because i knew what the reward was. This team is alot like you and me. I built something every day and had a reputation to mind but other guys came and went. You might be leaving when we lose some games cause its too tough for you. Try working in 15 degree weather son. Try to outrun a beagle. Try carrying 30 pounds of !@#$ing fruit akes during the holidays. Try getting home on time to get your wife over to get her hair done at 4. You keep working and find success in little things like grown men do. Thats what were building here. And dont tell me to F off.

If Howard and Spags posted every day this board would be so much better.

(quote kirby here) I dont like him at all. He's crude to my wife and others. A real meat head I think he comes here just to spout off about things that he doesnt know anything about.

Young fans and 20 year old kids need to step off the curb and relax about this team. There is no such thing as instant satisfaction. You grow up over time and when you hit 80 years or so you end up knowing more than kids who want there things now or they get upset. I have seen what it means to work hard and enjoy rewards and thats what our coach and the manager are doing.

There is a webpage i want to link here but it doesnt work and I wanted these younger guys to read it. Basic story is that you need to step off the curb and relax because this team will be fine in three or four years and then we'll have some good fun.

I have to run to walgreens quick for some powder. I will finish my thoughts on this in a few minutes but just remember good things come to people who wait for them.

You probably gave this same speech three or four years ago didnt you?

Young fans and 20 year old kids need to step off the curb and relax about this team. There is no such thing as instant satisfaction. You grow up over time and when you hit 80 years or so you end up knowing more than kids who want there things now or they get upset. I have seen what it means to work hard and enjoy rewards and thats what our coach and the manager are doing.

There is a webpage i want to link here but it doesnt work and I wanted these younger guys to read it. Basic story is that you need to step off the curb and relax because this team will be fine in three or four years and then we'll have some good fun.

I have to run to walgreens quick for some powder. I will finish my thoughts on this in a few minutes but just remember good things come to people who wait for them.

Satire? Parody? Can't be real. Powder?

Wouldn't that just beg the question on why they left Gillislee open to poaching?

I thought J. Williams was a consistent bright spot of the preseason, and last year he was probably still rehabbing. Also young and cheap and playing a position rife with injuries.

I believe I could have found them some more expendable guys.

In his defense, he was coming off an injury and not used to game speed last year. Its understandable. But can you honestly say he was outperformed by Tolbert or Banyard this preseason? Totally confusing move IMO. Im struggling to make sense of it still. Did he not EARN the right to be on this team? Im guessing there's more to earning it than just performance. And thats a bit troubling given the state of roster depth

It's the only way I could justify the cut because it makes NO sense. There's something they know that we don't.

He was not fully recovered from his ankle injury.

He is now and showed it in preseason. But I guess that matters little when you have Doug Whaley tattoo stamped on your forehead.

Beano and McEgo are out of control. I have now cancelled all my plans to see any Bills games in person this year.

Edited by cba fan