is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

And they have two fullbacks. I am not shocked-- they are taking out every Whaley draft pick. Williams looked good in preseason, and was supposed to be McCoy's backup. I don't know what they are doing (other than getting rid of Whaley's picks--- that is why Ducasse is still on the roster-- I'm surprised J. Miller hasn't been cut or traded).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because if you have a guy like LeSean McCoy, why would you cut him...they don't make many of those guys. But there are many Jonathan Williams out there.

Also, Rick Dennison is our offensive coordinator. Was with Shanahan for a very long time.

because they're a dime a dozen...why spend on a superstar RB? We already had a Jonathan Williams for very little money. What's the point of releasing him?

They had the worst GM in sports. If Andrew Luck was on the Bills under Whaley, they would have been SB contenders annually.

And if Luck was under this current regime, they would trade him to a team for a 2020 6th round pick after agreeing to a contract with Joe Webb.

Edited by dgrochester55

You're not allowed to know the process silly goose... You just have to trust it...

True. I forgot.

As an aside, when I hear Nick Saban speak about the process, I respect it. When I first heard about the "process" when SM was talking about the whether they had made a decision about whether to extend Sammy, I had a totally different reaction.

If rbs are a dime a dozen, why do you cut the cheaper, younger one???

I also like how the media decided they like Beane and defend everything he is doing.

Because they're smart and it makes sense to keep 29 and 31 year old backups.

This has the same feeling of when Chip Kelly cleaned house with the Eagles.

Not looking good for us. Chip kelly fcked that Eagles team up. Were dumping good cheap yung players and bringing in trash to replace them with. Im starting to really dislike this rookie GM.

Because if you have a guy like LeSean McCoy, why would you cut him...they don't make many of those guys. But there are many Jonathan Williams out there.

Also, Rick Dennison is our offensive coordinator. Was with Shanahan for a very long time.

So they're cutting Jonathan Williams to replace him with (hopefully) another Jonathan Williams......................?

Why though...