NYJ Trade Richardson to SEA for Kearse & 2nd Rnd Pick

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a top five second round pick. That's way more value than a bottom 2nd. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rams are not picking in the top 5. Not with Wade running that defense. And with the playmakers on that offense, they will score, even if Goff doesn't do much.

Richardson is an idiot but watch how he becomes more focused and a monster playing for Seattle. Same thing would happen with Dareus.

You build culture by winning.

Seattle has star players that take the game and being a professional very seriously, especially on defense. Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett are the reason that Seattle has a "winning culture."

The problem isn't that Dareus is unfocused and the Bills don't have a winning culture. The problem is that Dareus is supposed to be a part of that leadership group here based on his talent level and contract.

So in that sense, yes - Dareus isn't at fault. He is what he is. It's the fault of the management team that made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. But when he signed that contract, the expectation level went up and he has failed miserably.

This is a Beane type deal. I bet Kearse has great character.

Gotta love teams that get top 5 talents at their positions for guys they were going to cut. The rest of the NFL seems like a farm system for Seattle and NE.

You sound like you'd be fun at a party, what are you doing later?

I feel like Richardson has no interest in being with the Jets long term, the Jets also have Leonard Williams who will be requiring a big contract in a season or two and Mo Wilkerson who is a year into a big contract extension. So they can still have a good D-line without him and they get rid of a player who simply doesn't want to be there.

Of course it is a down grade in talent but they helped their desperate WR core with Kearse and they got a pretty good pick to help facilitate a rebuilding process. I also like this trade for Seattle as they desperately needed a little help on defense if they wanted to be an elite unit and Richardson is certainly a good player (Although a bit overrated in my opinion.) Seattle gives up a pick but for a team in win now mode that pick is of less consequence and Kearse isn't much of a loss as he was never lighting it up with Seattle.