GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Lions vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... you originally said he hadn't thrown a 25 yard pass. I provided two examples of nice 25 yard passes he threw. Now it needs to be a hard pass. The kid threads hard passes into places Tyrod would never attempt and connects. I'm fine with either QB starting. But no sense trying to minimize what NP has done in the preseason. He has been the better QB.

I thought it was implicit. The point is the knock on him is arm strength. That's why he lasted to the fifth round. Otherwise, he would have gone way earlier, probably in the second. He has a lot of skills and intangibles and that was all well known. What he doesn't have is a strong arm. The determining factor on his career as a potential starter is if he has just enough arm strength, which he hasn't shown, or not quite enough arm strength which will all but ensure he won't be a capable starter. There have been so few in the last 20 years.

When he was drafted, I liked him but wrote dozens of posts about he doesn't appear to have the arm strength to throw the deep out on a rope or 25 yards down the middle on a rope. Those are completions in college and interceptions in the NFL if you don't have the strength. The reason for my post was that he hasn't even attempted one in the four games let alone completed it. I have loved how he has played otherwise.

Another bad play by Ducasse.

He has to be playing himself off the roster.

Ducasse is awfulllll

ducasse=cut

I will say this much...Intended or not Miller looked real good tonight...And he looked pretty good in the limited plays I saw from him in the Philly game...

So maybe they got what they wanted with this Ducasse thing...But that dude flat out sucks... B-)

Important for who? Aaron Rodgers maybe. Tell Wilson, Dak, and countless others they'd be better if they sat on the bench for a while.

There's not any good data on this. Some great QBs sat, some started right away. Some QBs got ruined by starting too early but not all. I think in Peterman's case, his bad showing on blitzes coupled with our bad pass protection means he should sit a while. JMO

You know who the last rookie QB the Bills had that had everyone excited, calling for him to start, and had an even better pre-season than Peterman has had?

That would be Trent Edwards.

So, since that didn't work, and since Nate is the exact same as guy as Edwards it's better to just not take a chance on success and stick with "not good enough". That way we won't have any expectations to be crushed. Wait while I grab my participation trophy and get into my safe place.

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/898344826969575425

Not quite 25 yards but this was an awesome pass.

That was the pass that I mentioned earlier in the thread that almost showed it but didn't. That was a fabulous pass and great catch too. He threw it pretty hard but again just a little short of proof he can everything he needs to.

I will say this much...Intended or not Miller looked real good tonight...And he looked pretty good in the limited plays I saw from him in the Philly game...

So maybe they got what they wanted with this Ducasse thing...But that dude flat out sucks... B-)

the mystery continues. we could have found much better sucky Guards if we tried.

castillo is a blownut to proven other wise. let see how the Line runs against the Jets

That was the pass that I mentioned earlier in the thread that almost showed it but didn't. That was a fabulous pass and great catch too. He threw it pretty hard but again just a little short of proof he can everything he needs to.

So your contention is a weak arm and a 30 yard pass that's basically all arm into a window isn't proof enough?