GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Lions vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: BILLS VS. LIONS

what-to-watch-lions-8-30-story.jpg

The final preseason game is typically the last opportunity for players to make a bid for a roster spot, but for the Bills there are still some starting jobs on the line.

GAME DAY EXPERIENCE INFORMATION: PRESEASON WEEK 4

preseason-week-4-story.jpg

The Buffalo Bills will host the Detroit Lions to conclude the preseason at New Era Field on Thursday, Aug. 31. Here’s a full breakdown of what you need to know.

HOW TO WATCH LIONS VS. BILLS

lions-bills-story.jpg

Details on how to watch Buffalo’s preseason finale against Detroit on Thursday, Aug. 31.

BILLS TODAY: HUGHES HELPS HIS NATIVE TEXAS

bills-today-8-31-story.jpg

Jerry Hughes is one of a handful of Texas natives on the Bills roster. The devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey prompted the pass rusher to act this week.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just play Peterman the whole game

How does that make any sense at all?

It would be amazing to have all three QBs inured and the Bills start Wenning week one...

Wenning equals winning in week 1 which makes it a no brainer as in a non thinking idea.

It's been a long time since there were reasons to watch the last game of the preseason.

What, watching Jordan Palmer, Ma(x)tt Leinart, and Vince Young wasn't your thing? I frankly can't wait for Keith Wenning and a 5th round over-hyped rookie. It's going to be great. ;)

What, watching Jordan Palmer, Ma(x)tt Leinart, and Vince Young wasn't your thing? I frankly can't wait for Keith Wenning and a 5th round over-hyped rookie. It's going to be great. ;)

Your point is well taken. More concerned with the other 10 guys out there. And how McD handles the minor emergency at QB.

Since it's the last game of the preseason, and given the fact that both Tyrod and TJ have legitimate chances of BOTH sitting out, I would be inclined to let Peterman play the entire 1st quarter and then let him sit. I think if the Lions were playing their starters, I'd play him into the 2nd quarter, but we know they won't. Although I don't want to risk him getting hurt, I'd still like to get him as many significant live fire reps as possible to get him ready for the season opener.

Since it's the last game of the preseason, and given the fact that both Tyrod and TJ have legitimate chances of BOTH sitting out, I would be inclined to let Peterman play the entire 1st quarter and then let him sit. I think if the Lions were playing their starters, I'd play him into the 2nd quarter, but we know they won't. Although I don't want to risk him getting hurt, I'd still like to get him as many significant live fire reps as possible to get him ready for the season opener.

How McD handles the mess he is faced with tonight will tell us a lot about what we have in our coach.

It's been a long time since there were reasons to watch the last game of the preseason.

what will you be looking for? I see no real reason to waste 3 hrs on a meaningless game, the least of the four to even watch but I have never seen this wenning kid in any kind of live action so I may watch a few plays.

10 days

Yes. Let's do that. :blink:

I'm curious what exactly you expect McD to do?

I don't know what the right move to make is. Taylor and Yates are both in concussion protocol and as fans we don't know the progress each are making. Should he play Peterman and get him ready for week 1 if they are both projected to be out? Should he sit him if that's the case.

It's an intresting decision and once we find out more about Taylor's status we can get a feel for the new coaches aggressiveness or lack there of. Certainly Peterman needs the snaps if he has any chance of playing week 1, but do you risk that in a meaningless preseason game.

I don't know what the right move to make is. Taylor and Yates are both in concussion protocol and as fans we don't know the progress each are making. Should he play Peterman and get him ready for week 1 if they are both projected to be out? Should he sit him if that's the case.

It's an intresting decision and once we find out more about Taylor's status we can get a feel for the new coaches aggressiveness or lack there of. Certainly Peterman needs the snaps if he has any chance of playing week 1, but do you risk that in a meaningless preseason game.

No. He's gotten plenty of snaps and will have plenty of mental preparation before game 1.

You only get 16 games. Each one is super important. Don't risk it.

How McD handles the mess he is faced with tonight will tell us a lot about what we have in our coach.

What exactly do you expect to see? If Peterman plays it will be because McD thinks he still needs some "live" work. Aside from that, I'm not sure what "mess" you're talking about. They can easily put Wenning into the game and hand it off every play, which allows them to evaluate the OL and backup RBs.