What do you think about bringing back Brandon Spikes

Do you think it is possible that Brandon Spikes could draw some interest from the Bills? I know he wasn't known to be a great cover guy but I always liked his leadership and toughness. He didn't seem to fit in with Rex's team but he is a FA and I'm sure he could still ball better than some of the guys we have on our roster.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ragland didn't have the speed for McDermott's defense....

^^^^^^

We just traded away a better and younger version of Spikes. Doesn't fit scheme or McD's character needs.

Would be nice to rock my old 51 Spikes jersey again though.

I'd sooner bring back Poz if he were available.

Edited by billsbackto81

Do you think it is possible that Brandon Spikes could draw some interest from the Bills? I know he wasn't known to be a great cover guy but I always liked his leadership and toughness. He didn't seem to fit in with Rex's team but he is a FA and I'm sure he could still ball better than some of the guys we have on our roster.

So you want to bring back an older and slower version of Ragland?

This defense requires an athletic, coverage type, which I still don't like Preston Brown as the starter since he doesn't fit the mold either, I'm surprised this isn't Hodges job to lose. I fully expect the Bills to draft a replacement for Preston brown in the first 2 rounds next year.

Yet down to 240 and all over the field. Showing great range sideline to sideline. Yeah he fits fine

It's weird that Spikes fit somewhat well as an early down LB in Schwartz's system but seemingly Ragland a somewhat similar player didn't look like a fit in the current system. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Spikes if the depth on the roster is lacking or they feel he can be an early down player. But I just don't see it happening.