The Lions Waive OT Cyrus Kouandjio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the pick as soon as they announced it at the draft.

CBF

what is funny is that the Panthers really wanted him, and they ended up getting ealy. Today both of them are out of a job

We should re-sign him. The cattle miss him. :thumbsup:

I just checked, and no they don't... Except for those queer holsteins

Man Kujo has the perfect body to be a stud too. First time I saw him up close at camp, he just had that look. Long arms, great first punch, seemed to set up in protection nicely, he just looked really promising.

Here's what the scouts had to say:

Massive, long-limbed, inconsistent, overhyped college left tackle whose sheer dimensions, raw tools and high ceiling are far more appealing than his snap-to-snap performance at this stage of his development. Has enough length and anchor strength to survive on the left side, though he will never be a dancing bear, and he projects more ideally as a bulldozing right tackle in a power scheme.

the point is you were saying it was a terrible thing to let him go without knowing the inside info. sometimes it's worth seeing how things play out before getting too angry.

So what's the inside info? That he has pretty much always had a tenuous grasp on an NFL career?

So the same situation as coming into camp later year?.......and then he ended up starting and playing well during the season.

It happened.......and frankly it wasn't very subjective........he clearly played well.

He had the hip injury and who knows what the no-pants issue was.......but he's also been known as a tireless worker with a great attitude......dedicating much of his offseason time to training and technique.

We aren't surprised here that he was cut in Detroit though.......he can't play RT so if LT is manned by a healthy player a more versatile reserve OT makes sense.

Of course, Cordy Glenn was NOT and is still not a healthy player..........and the Bills OL has been HORRENDOUS in the preseason.

So what's the inside info? That he has pretty much always had a tenuous grasp on an NFL career?

So the same situation as coming into camp later year?.......and then he ended up starting and playing well during the season.

It happened.......and frankly it wasn't very subjective........he clearly played well.

He had the hip injury and who knows what the no-pants issue was.......but he's also been known as a tireless worker with a great attitude......dedicating much of his offseason time to training and technique.

We aren't surprised here that he was cut in Detroit though.......he can't play RT so if LT is manned by a healthy player a more versatile reserve OT makes sense.

Of course, Cordy Glenn was NOT and is still not a healthy player..........and the Bills OL has been HORRENDOUS in the preseason.

what's the inside info? do you not think that cyrus may have some mental/attitude problems that may negate any talent the possess?

it's not hard to understand. there are some people on this board that live to complain. cyrus was cut. those people couldn't wait to grab the pitchforks and torches to attack the new staff? how could they?! he could play! well...in a very short amount of time he's been cut from two teams. maybe our staff knew more about cryus than fans, which let to them letting him go. not that hard.

again, maybe some need to see how things play out before saying the moves are wrong. they may end up being terrible moves, but as another poster mentioned, some just want to be the first to call out failures, (which happens a lot in the nfl) and come back with an i told you so attitude.

edit: also, where do you get info that he was a "tireless worker with a great attitude" that worked his tail off in the offseason? you have a tendency to put complete nonsense out there without backing it up. you may be right, but show me where you get this stuff.

Edited by teef

Man Kujo has the perfect body to be a stud too. First time I saw him up close at camp, he just had that look. Long arms, great first punch, seemed to set up in protection nicely, he just looked really promising.

Here's what the scouts had to say:

Massive, long-limbed, inconsistent, overhyped college left tackle whose sheer dimensions, raw tools and high ceiling are far more appealing than his snap-to-snap performance at this stage of his development. Has enough length and anchor strength to survive on the left side, though he will never be a dancing bear, and he projects more ideally as a bulldozing right tackle in a power scheme.

...between the ears may be the inherent weakness sadly......

what's the inside info? do you not think that cyrus may have some mental/attitude problems that may negate any talent the possess?

it's not hard to understand. there are some people on this board that live to complain. cyrus was cut. those people couldn't wait to grab the pitchforks and torches to attack the new staff? how could they?! he could play! well...in a very short amount of time he's been cut from two teams. maybe our staff knew more about cryus than fans, which let to them letting him go. not that hard.

again, maybe some need to see how things play out before saying the moves are wrong. they may end up being terrible moves, but as another poster mentioned, some just want to be the first to call out failures, (which happens a lot in the nfl) and come back with an i told you so attitude.

edit: also, where do you get info that he was a "tireless worker with a great attitude" that worked his tail off in the offseason? you have a tendency to put complete nonsense out there without backing it up. you may be right, but show me where you get this stuff.

Teeflebees claimed to have the inside info, not me...........try to follow the conversation. :thumbsup:

As far as people living to complain on TSW.........maybe a scant few 20 years ago when the team was decent and interesting.......but I think it's safe to assume that the people that are left here want to see the team turn around their epic run of failure and win.

As far as Kujo's work ethic and commitment to getting better........if you followed the team more closely......or weren't just lazy and unjustifiably critical of your fellow posters....... you wouldn't have to ask now, would you?

Kromer is coaching the O line for the Rams. I'm not sure why the Bills didn't keep him since he clearly did a great job at elevating the performance of the players, and the blocking schemes the Bills used last year were very effective (led the league in rushing).

McD is supposed to be a very big disciplinarian. Maybe he thought a coach with an off season beach umbrella incident was a bad example but that does not explain cutting and still paying some good coaches,

Teeflebees claimed to have the inside info, not me...........try to follow the conversation. :thumbsup:

As far as people living to complain on TSW.........maybe a scant few 20 years ago when the team was decent and interesting.......but I think it's safe to assume that the people that are left here want to see the team turn around their epic run of failure and win.

As far as Kujo's work ethic and commitment to getting better........if you followed the team more closely......or weren't just lazy and unjustifiably critical of your fellow posters....... you wouldn't have to ask now, would you?

typical of you. instead of providing some actual evidence, you just ramble on. show me some articles that praise cyrus in any way. you make him out to be a player that's constantly working on his craft with anticipation of having his bust in the hall of fame. it's complete nonsense. i also loved how you completely blew over the fact that a grown man was arrested in a pasture without any pants on. like it was a big nothing. well, the guy you though was such a player on the rise was just cut from two teams in a matter of weeks. obviously there's something very off there, and instead of considering it as an option, you and other posters just couldn't wait to bash the office. it's ok to be wrong, but posters like you just can't admit. you actually made a sweet little story to try to back up your nonsense. complete blowhard.

There were posters here (and I'm still relatively new but I'm told that they are reliable and usually right) saying that McDermott tried to keep Kromer. He wanted him to stay. LA offered him a raise and Buffalo matched but Kromer wanted to go somewhere he had a chance at being an OC again and I guess he was told that was a possibility in LA. So once Krmoer chose LA, McDermott moved on to Castillo.

I don't know if this is true or not, but it would make sense.

This does NOT make sense because a team retains right of coach if under contract unless they are promoted to head coach positions. Teams can choose to allow coaches to leave but cannot lose them.

I'll never forget how utterly miserable he looked when he got drafted to play in Buffalo. The guy just had a bad attitude. Kudos to Beane for canning this chump.

At this point can you blame guys? It's the Siberia of the NFL....Kuandjio was a bad football player though

This does NOT make sense because a team retains right of coach if under contract unless they are promoted to head coach positions. Teams can choose to allow coaches to leave but cannot lose them.

He wasn't under contract for 2017 though.

He signed a 2 year contract with Buffalo in 2015. While he was still technically under contract, it was set to expire.

I guess they could have forced him to stay for a few more weeks (or a month or whatever it was) until his contract officially expired but they still would have had to sign him to a new contract for 2017 to keep him on staff. If they did offer him a job and he wanted to go elsewhere, there wasn't really anything Buffalo could do about it.

Edited by BillsFan4

I'll never forget how utterly miserable he looked when he got drafted to play in Buffalo. The guy just had a bad attitude. Kudos to Beane for canning this chump.

Amen. Also, it's so refreshing to see quick moves taking place to correct past mistakes. Once you have determined that a player for whatever reason is not the answer, cut your losses and move on, don't hope and pray for a miracle. It's still unbelievable that EJ stayed on this team for 4 years. :doh: