The Q.B. controversy is on

It's rather comical people think it will be so easy to get a starting QB in the draft next year.

Oh and Peterman?

"Peterman was inconsistent, completing 11-of-23 passes for 93 yards and posted a quarterback rating of 58.8."

Yeah I will be pumped if he is our starting QB.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nate practices with the 2's more than the ones, so that probably didnt help. You could tell he and Zay were on different pages a few times. But......I really dont think any of our QB's are very good at this time and to make matters worse the O-line is struggling badly which is the bigger issue.

I think it's easy as fans to want to fast track the change to Peterman. But I feel that both HC and GM want to (and need to) be respectful to the QBs and the team. Taylor deserves so start the season because he's been one of the team leaders for two years now. He deserves the chance to succeed or fail in real games, with all of the starting offense present, and just let the natural course of things happen. Pulling Taylor now would create an atmosphere of discontent that a team in such a major transition does not need. Chances are looking pretty good that Peterman will start much sooner than expected. Fans just need to wait till it happens when it's supposed to happen. After real games have been played and it's not working with Taylor.

I think one thing the coaches didn't anticipate was how bad Tyrod would play and how good Peterman would play this whole preseason.

Edited by old school

None of this makes any sense until there is a prognosis for Tyrod. What I took away from last night is that Nate did exactly what a back up is supposed to do when thrown into a game without preparation. He kept the wheels from falling off and moved the chains. Considering the way the rest of the clown show performed we're lucky he didn't get killed too. Everybody needs to hold their breath, let him run with the ones this week and see what happens Thursday. Then there may or may not be a controversy.

I think one thing the coaches didn't anticipate was how bad Tyrod would play and how good Peterman would play.

....so then a Dennison designed offense has nothing built in for TT relative to a learning and acclimation process?....NOT saying he will succeed or fail, but shouldn't be some type of learning curve?.....his style versus Peterman are apples and oranges.....Chuckie said Peterman is the "most NFL ready QB I've seen in years"....Brylcream Mel said "Peterman is the most likely next Tom Brady in the 2017 class".....TT may NOT be the long term answer but why destroy the Peterman kid as a quick fix for 17 years of infamy?....

The only reason there might not be one is McBeane is trying to not totally run off the fan base and let them THINK this 6 win at best team, is actually trying to win. Hell they both know this team isn't doing crap this year. They are just trying to not further upset the locker room or fanbase.

Next offseason TT is gone and we will draft a starting QB in the first round.

I get what you are saying here, but think if Peterman were to start and show promise, there would be tons of hype and interest around him. Aside from the fact TT is in CP right now, he is a known quantity, and as Bills fan we will take hype over known quantities every time. Not saying it's right, but selling tickets wise, I think Peterman may actually do better at that, provided he continues to show at least flashes of promise. It's clear his quick, decisive throwing fits the WCO, and I was actually surprised at the velocity of some of his balls yesterday.

Also, as mentioned before, this upcoming draft is a make or break one for us. It would behove us the know what we have at QB before commiting more picks to the position, especially since this year is a bust already.

....so then a Dennison designed offense has nothing built in for TT relative to a learning and acclimation process?....NOT saying he will succeed or fail, but shouldn't be some type of learning curve?.....his style versus Peterman are apples and oranges.....Chuckie said Peterman is the "most NFL ready QB I've seen in years"....Brylcream Mel said "Peterman is the most likely next Tom Brady in the 2017 class".....TT may NOT be the long term answer but why destroy the Peterman kid as a quick fix for 17 years of infamy?....

I don't believe this one bit, this thinking was done eons ago when the gap between D1 and the NFL was enormous. IMO I don't think that gap is very wide at all today. With anybody who shows anything starting from small kids to high school to college these guys have personal trainers, practice just about 24/7 365, nutritionists, play against the best of the best all through their growing up etc. I believe no situation intimidates these guys anymore and they are ready right out of the box. For a QB in today's game, you either got it or you don't and it looks an awful lot like Peterman has got it.

Edited by old school

I don't believe this one bit, this thinking was done eons ago when the gap between D1 and the NFL was enormous. IMO I don't think that gap is very wide at all. With anybody who shows anything starting from small kids to high school to college these guys have personal trainers, practice just about 24/7 365, nutritionists, play against the best of the best all through their growing up etc. I believe no situation intimidates these guys anymore and they are ready right out of the box. For a QB in today's game, you either got it or you don't and it looks an awful lot like Peterman has got it.

...undeniable.....this kid could be a rare 5th round find.....analogous to Brady being a rare 6th round find.......I'm probably the "protective mother type" wanting the kid to develop slowly, have time to build his confidence as well as having at least a decent OL that preserves his health.......then again, I been called a mother %%**&&%$# more times than I care to admit...................

It's rather comical people think it will be so easy to get a starting QB in the draft next year.

Oh and Peterman?

"Peterman was inconsistent, completing 11-of-23 passes for 93 yards and posted a quarterback rating of 58.8."

TT's QBR this preseason: 27.9

I think one thing the coaches didn't anticipate was how bad Tyrod would play and how good Peterman would play this whole preseason.

And that tells you something about their overall judgment. Taylor has unsurprisingly stunk ,except for a few throws to his now departed security blanket Watkins. Peterman has hardly been a revelation, but he appears more suited to the O than Taylor. If Taylor is healthy , he starts if only due to his experience and that the veterans have been sold a bill of goods about " winning now".

Oh and Peterman?

I don't see anyone believing that it's a forgone conclusion that any QB we draft will be a success.

That doesn't mean you don't take one.

See how easy that was?

...undeniable.....this kid could be a rare 5th round find.....analogous to Brady being a rare 6th round find.......I'm probably the "protective mother type" wanting the kid to develop slowly, have time to build his confidence as well as having at least a decent OL that preserves his health.......then again, I been called a mother %%**&&%$# more times than I care to admit...................

And why couldn't this happen to The Bills? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

You can put Brady, Rodgers and Matt Ryan behind our offensive line and they all would of had poor performances.

Yes i agree, TT is trash. But the O-line is the number 1 cause of our bad QB play. The line collapses in under a second. It's ridiculous.

I'm definitely not a fan of the line coach like most people say and we have a SERIOUS problem if Cordy can't play. But that still leaves the right side softer than a wall of feathers.

The right side of our O-line is bad and i don't mean Michael Jackson bad.

No matter what, TT is #1 on the chart. He will start the opener, assuming he clears his protocol by then! Anyone who thinks we draft a QB, in the first round, and he will be an instant starter is delusional.

Just looked at the three steps of the protocol and wouldn't plan on taylor to be available for the opener.

The only reason there might not be one is McBeane is trying to not totally run off the fan base and let them THINK this 6 win at best team, is actually trying to win. Hell they both know this team isn't doing crap this year. They are just trying to not further upset the locker room or fanbase.

Next offseason TT is gone and we will draft a starting QB in the first round.

This may be true