Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dodge anything, With TT and Peterman I see 6-7 wins from this team at best.. Why Because they are depended on the Run and playing Defense, they can do that with BOTH QBs, now what you lose in TT running you gain in Peterman's better passing ability. See it is a wash.

So again what is better for the Long term of the Franchise (which you have still yet to answer, so who is dodging).

Start the guy that is not part of the long term answer?

Or start the Rookie that could be?

If Peterman has better passing ability he sure hadn't shown it yet. He completed 1/2 his passes in the first 3 PS games and 9 of ll dink and dunk passes obviously designed for him to drop back and throw it to the designated guy.

He made some really nice throws but he also threw a lot of clunkers. On 1 play, he throws it through the top gym window, across the street, banks off a basketball backboard falling softly into a trash can. On the next play he misses the WR on a short out route on 3rd down.

Meanwhile in Hotrod's last real game he threw for 330 yards, 3 TDs, and ran for 60, but, he can't pass. Got it.

You don't need to evaluate Peterman this year, since you know for a fact that you're drafting a QB next season regardless. Also, you have Peterman under contract for 3 more seasons after this; there's no hurry.

What this team needs to do is evaluate everything else. The QB that is capable of making the most plays on Sundays is the guy that will give the FO the best chance to evaluate the other pieces/parts of the offense. Right now, they must believe that's Taylor, or else they'd be starting Peterman.

my favorite post here today

If Peterman has better passing ability he sure hadn't shown it yet. He completed 1/2 his passes in the first 3 PS games and 9 of ll dink and dunk passes obviously designed for him to drop back and throw it to the designated guy.

He made some really nice throws but he also threw a lot of clunkers. On 1 play, he throws it through the top gym window, across the street, banks off a basketball backboard falling softly into a trash can. On the next play he misses the WR on a short out route on 3rd down.

Meanwhile in Hotrod's last real game he threw for 330 yards, 3 TDs, and ran for 60, but, he can't pass. Got it.

waiting patiently till Sunday.

tick tick tick

: )

Could you please either take off the white tabard or Go Away?

I don't think you're a fan, I think you're running a crusade. The bit about "last 6 years of suck" and "ready for his backers to be Full bore Monday" is the final reveal, if one was needed.

Taylor has been here 2 years. Prior to that he barely played. Bills offense improved from 22nd (2013) and 18th (2014) to 12th (2015) and 10th (2016). Was higher before last game where Taylor didn't play.

Is Taylor a top 10 QB in the league, no. Has he had bad games, yes - all QB do. Does he suck, also no.

This is not a bulletin board for crusaders, it's a bulletin board for fans.

....I also think it is a fair assessment to say those two years have been pretty tumultuous....I am excluding injuries to receiving corp because every club faces them......talking about Wrecks-Roman here then gone-Lynn in by default, etc......a coachless staff......so we'll see what the kid has under more (hopefully) circumstances.....all you can ask for.....

It cracks me up every year, fans saying other fans aren't really fans because the other fans want the team to finally bottom out, get the first pick every round and completely rebuild. Listen, for those rah rah, Cobra Kai never want a loss folks, great on you. We need you, really. That said there are many of us fans, some of us 30+ years and never wavered, get the fact that this "re tooling" BS every year leads no where.

I for one look at a long term picture, same one for 17+ years with nothing but futility but I digress. I want the team to crap out this year. I want the #1 pick in each round period. I want Brandon Beane to have that fire power and ammo to be able to FINALLY start a true rebuild of this team. I don't give a damn what our record is in 2017/2018 if we see new blood and talent that is progressing and we FINALLY (OH PLEASE GOD!!!) try to address Franchise QB. Not keep putting these career backups out there praying that if you polish the turd enough, it will shine.

Now does that mean we hit on that pick, absolutely not, BUT at some point you must pull the trigger. If I am correct, the Buffalo Bills have never, in the age of the modern draft, used a top 10 pick on a QB. Sure as heck not a top 5. Way past time we did that. You MUST take the chance, but to take the chance you gotta draft high.

Now on another note, does a Franchise QB guarantee you a superbowl/ Superbowl win? NO it does not. But NFL history shows that outside of a couple "prefect storms" you must have one in order to have a chance.

So yes I am a die hard Bills fan, have been since Jim Kelly joined the team in 86', and YES I hope our record this year is crappy enough to give Beane that #1 pick so we can have a shot at trying to turn this thing around finally.

It cracks me up every year, fans saying other fans aren't really fans because the other fans want the team to finally bottom out, get the first pick every round and completely rebuild. Listen, for those rah rah, Cobra Kai never want a loss folks, great on you. We need you, really. That said there are many of us fans, some of us 30+ years and never wavered, get the fact that this "re tooling" BS every year leads no where.

I for one look at a long term picture, same one for 17+ years with nothing but futility but I digress. I want the team to crap out this year. I want the #1 pick in each round period. I want Brandon Beane to have that fire power and ammo to be able to FINALLY start a true rebuild of this team. I don't give a damn what our record is in 2017/2018 if we see new blood and talent that is progressing and we FINALLY (OH PLEASE GOD!!!) try to address Franchise QB. Not keep putting these career backups out there praying that if you polish the turd enough, it will shine.

Now does that mean we hit on that pick, absolutely not, BUT at some point you must pull the trigger. If I am correct, the Buffalo Bills have never, in the age of the modern draft, used a top 10 pick on a QB. Sure as heck not a top 5. Way past time we did that. You MUST take the chance, but to take the chance you gotta draft high.

Now on another note, does a Franchise QB guarantee you a superbowl/ Superbowl win? NO it does not. But NFL history shows that outside of a couple "prefect storms" you must have one in order to have a chance.

So yes I am a die hard Bills fan, have been since Jim Kelly joined the team in 86', and YES I hope our record this year is crappy enough to give Beane that #1 pick so we can have a shot at trying to turn this thing around finally.

The #1 pick would be best case scenario IMO. I'm just not sure it's realistic. The Bills should have finished the tear down with Tyrod and McCoy if that's the route they were going. They are still going to win 5-8 games and pick after teams like the Jets and 49ers (who will take QB). They are just going to need to nail the QB pick. There is no margin for error. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The #1 pick would be best case scenario IMO. I'm just not sure it's realistic. The Bills should have finished the year down with Tyrod and McCoy if that's the route they were going. They are still going to win 5-8 games and pick after teams like the Jets and 49ers (who will take QB). They are just going to need to nail the QB pick. There is no margin for error.

Yup100.

Many often forget that in the classic 1983 draft,

#1 Elway was great.

#2 Todd Blackledge sucked.

#3 Kelly was great

#4 Eason was decent (Kelly was #14 overall and Eason was #15)

#5 Ken O'Brien was pretty good not real good.

#6 Marino was great

This has worked so well for the jags

....if you don;t like it, use IGNORE and go do your homework sonny......get lost..........

...damn 'Fig, it is a real tough call......this kid sure as hell is showing he has "IT".........so do you take your lumps and let him develop at a reasonable pace (1st or 5th pick doesn't make much difference to me) or do you throw 'em to the wolves and let him get beat up mentally as well as physically?.....willing to bite my tongue, wait until the 8 game mark, see where we are going forward (lost cause, in the hunt, etc) and make a decision at that point.....sure as hell 17 years hurts, but jumping the gun to burn up a kid who so far has shown promising moxy and potential is a tough call...what say you?....

Since it is a new offense with a new staff the team should develop him slowly. Give him 4th quarters if game is out of reach, etc.

It was different in Dallas and Seattle where the teams were established.

This has worked so well for the jags

And it hasn't for the Colts, Panthers, Giants, Bucs, Colts redux, Cowboys etc? Not to mention all the guys that go top 5 who've stabilized their respective franchises? Do you go through life assuming everything just isn't going to work out for you?