Brandon Reilly

Mark Vader

I saw 2 clear concussions for Reilly within minutes Thursday, both hitting head on ground after catches... first one went unnoticed by staff, which made 2nd one worse.

the fallacies of playing football on concrete with a rug over it

he may have to actually start trying to avoid that happening again by adapting his intensity

hopefully they will allow him to recover and not just kick him to curb.

This. I am suprised more people are not talking about this. he hit his head 3 times in about a 15 minute span. Im no doctor so I cant say they were deff concussions but clearly not good to take 3 blows to your head like that. I imagine he stayed in simply because he was fighting for a roster spot but cmon. Edited by Estelle Getty

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a keeper. He certainly didn't sound like he had concussion issues today. If the receievers in front of him are better and he gets no plays but is willing to to do special teams he's really a keeper to me. The new Marcus Easley who may get a chance to play on offense. Only upside to keeping him to me. I'll be disappointed if we don't keep him. He'll make Hogan leaving easier to accept. That said though I gotta say Hogan is overpaid and nothing but best wishes to him.

Edited by beerme1

There was one play in the first half when we were punting and Reilly was on the coverage team and he made the tackle or assisted and busted through and threw the PR to the ground IIRC. I was watching and said who was that? And was very surprised to see it was Reilly. I guarantee the coaches watching that on film were impressed with his fight and toughness.

I said it before, I'll say it again. They want guys they like. It's pretty clear. Why do we have 2 FBs? Why is Vlad still part of a competition?

Why would they dislike Reilly? The only thing I can think is they want veteran WR's (outside of Zay).

today's 53 will not be the 53 that starts the season. They hopefully have a plan with waiver pickups and the like and you may see Reilly make it yet. He definitely earned a spot.

They wouldnt expose him to waivers if they wanted him on the 53. They want him on the PS but either way just pointing out the "Earn your Spot" talk is nothibg more than Coach Speak it is one move that shows it. No WAY did Holmes or Brown outplay Reilly.

Why would they dislike Reilly? The only thing I can think is they want veteran WR's (outside of Zay).

They also disliked a healthy Sammy, so don't ask me. We have zero healthy proven WR on our roster. A young guy shows up and make plays, and he gets cut.

McBeane has not made a move I can applaud since the draft.

They wouldnt expose him to waivers if they wanted him on the 53. They want him on the PS but either way just pointing out the "Earn your Spot" talk is nothibg more than Coach Speak it is one move that shows it. No WAY did Holmes or Brown outplay Reilly.

You do know WR is more than catching the ball, right? Especially when you are talking fourth and fifth receiver.

Ridiculous to overreact to a fringe roster guy not making it.